Redisigned RIFT

OneSlip

I don't put a whole lot of stock in TechCrunch, all this reporting they are doing getting people talking has no apparent substantiation and appears to be mostly hearsay. Two days ago they were reporting a next gen Rift was dead and not going to happen. Now this.

Perhaps they know someone who know's someone and getting some insider info, but the facts may be somewhere in between what we knew 5 days ago and what they are saying today.

I will wait for any future Oculus announcements myself.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I don't put a whole lot of stock in TechCrunch, all this reporting they are doing getting people talking has no apparent substantiation and appears to be mostly hearsay. Two days ago they were reporting a next gen Rift was dead and not going to happen. Now this.

Perhaps they know someone who know's someone and getting some insider info, but the facts may be somewhere in between what we knew 5 days ago and what they are saying today.

I will wait for any future Oculus announcements myself.

Agree but there is few sources speculating about upgrade oculus next year

Modest upgrade. No one has to compete with Pimax because their setup is incomplete, their QC is severely lacking, and their software pretty much sucks. So Oculus is going to copy the WMR unit with inside out tracking and a small resolution bump. No need to leap frog over the competition when there is more money to be made by putting out small incremental upgrades.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

The good news here is that competition moves the VR industry forward with better and better technology choices: higher FOV's /Resolution HMD's. Each company seems to have something unique to throw into the futuristic mix of VR technology: Pimax with a 200 FOV and higher res, Rift with a Varifocal lens, etc..

GPU upgrades to feed this technology are definitely going to eat into wallets for sure.

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The good news here is that competition moves the VR industry forward with better and better technology choices: higher FOV's /Resolution HMD's. Each company seems to have something unique to throw into the futuristic mix of VR technology: Pimax with a 200 FOV and higher res, Rift with a Varifocal lens, etc..

GPU upgrades to feed this technology are definitely going to eat into wallets for sure.

Already begun...

:cry:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|