Mission 10

Cyrus

Finally arrived at mission 10. The following issue was encountered.

After the German Tornado IDS aircraft have started bombing the Roland SAM systems and your Chevy 01 flight has defeated the F-5Es, AWACS informs you of a pop-up group near Tonopah airport at 25-30 nm. When you fly towards this group, you find that the two Mirage 2000-5F are busy landing on the airport instead of trying to intercept the Tornado's or your flight. In fact, one is generally already on the ground driving down the runway.

I have played the mission twice so far and this always happens. I assume the intent was for the Mirage 2000-5Fs to try to engage you.

Perhaps another thing is that the F-15C flight that is tasked with removing the enemy CAP-flight is always shot at by the SA-11.

Otherwise, a nice atmospheric mission.

Yesterday I did the mission for the third time and decided not to hunt the Mirages 2000-5F to avoid all wingmen crashing on the return trip due to lack of fuel. (They refuse to 'hit the tanker'.) After shooting down the F-5Es and a few circles I turned back to WP6 and then RTB, together with the Tornado IDS.

The Mirages simply landed at Tonopah soon after spawning. The curious thing is that then the radio traffic ceases. You are probably meant to shoot the Mirages down and thereby trigger new messages. Though I was able to get the ground traffic messages at Nellis, I did not receive a 'Mission complete' message.

• 1 month later...
Sorry to hear that, damn AI. I will fix it ASAP!

Confirmed. Flew today on latest OB and AI landed at airfield. I strafed two of them, but still couldn't get past 50% mission success..

Is there an downloadable fix so I can advance in the campaign?

OK, checked today and it works on my end, the Mirages do engage (checked on Stable, don't have the NTTR on OB). Still, even if they land, you don't need to kill them for the mission to progress, just RTB (even if other triggers don't activate) and land. As long as you destroyed the Tigers, you should progress in the campaign.

Looking forward to hearing from the others if they had the same problem too with the 2000-5s! Please let me know guys!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Will give it another try

OK, checked today and it works on my end, the Mirages do engage (checked on Stable, don't have the NTTR on OB). Still, even if they land, you don't need to kill them for the mission to progress, just RTB (even if other triggers don't activate) and land. As long as you destroyed the Tigers, you should progress in the campaign.

Looking forward to hearing from the others if they had the same problem too with the 2000-5s! Please let me know guys!

Copy Baltic,

I'll give it another try.

So if after killing the tigers (even on the ground) I should just follow my route back to Nellis and land? Even if there are no more dialogues (like check in with approach/tower).

I hate to fly all the way back and still not pass the mission :cry:

Looking at the triggers, yes. The Tigers should engage you. You need to make sure that you kill either the Tigers or the Mirages, once you do and you land, the mission will be counted as a success. Sorry for the trouble, I don't know what is going on there - I suspect some kind of an AI bug.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 5 weeks later...

For me this mission is also not working properly.

I tried this mission several times without success.

* either the Tornados bomb their target and return without any enemy contact; also from this point on there is no more radio communication and after RTB no "mission accomplished".

* at another try I managed to get contact on F-5´s; ordered my flight for engaging bandits; shot down one F-5 by myself; the rest obviously done by my flight and then again no more radio communication. The Tornados proceed as planned doing their job succesfully and RTB.

Calling AWACS gives me a "clean" message. 2 of my mates seem to hunt down the Mirage´s further N-W and either get killed or run out of gas. After landing there comes no "mission accomplished".

I checked Mission 10 (and also Mission 9-see my previous post) on you-tube and I cannot see what I would be doing wrong.

Meanwhile I managed to proceed in the campaign by starting the missions separately; but I doubt that´s the way it´s meant to be.

Just a heads-up. After dealing with F-5's somewhere over Toponah AFB, my whole flight was successfully splashed by M2000-5's. I guess they spawn out of the blue somewhere over the airfield and then go hot at once.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Yes, there was a warning from the MC prior to them engaging. I was just unluckly to appear near their spawn point, so had no time to react.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |