What do you do first when the tomcat is available?

Mking

I will first look at the cat from the outside, with vr. And then look at the cockpit, and every detail. Just let it all work on you

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A - 4G maneuver on top of a Mig-28.

Inverted of course.

Cheers :megalol:

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

First thing I will do is reading through the manual. After that I will jump into a cold start custom training mission as a RIO together with my pilot buddy to put the theory into action.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Free flight mission, probably forget to map axis and buttons, so Pause and do that on the fly and then go burners and have some fun! ...trying to land the Cat and likely succeed at the first try! Then start in earnest learning startup, take off, landing while failing gloriously, realising the first landing was a lucky shot. It's always like that with a new plane. :megalol:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Just like the Hornet, my first flight I tried a trap. I'll do it with the Turkey too.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Buzz the tower

"Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full...."

sorry, couldn't help it...;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Since playing volleyball (shirtless of course) on the beach is not an option in winter, I will try if the ejection seat works for Pilot and RIO this time with a buddy of mine :music_whistling:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I use a very "crawl before you walk" approach.

Before I ever think about getting off the ground, I go through the steps to get the jet alive and breathing...and then I restart and do it again...and again...and again. Until I can do it from memory.

After that, I pick a large airfield and practice steering the jet on the ground. Learning to judge distance and how much input to give the pedals.

Then I take off, and learn to "fly". Memorize where everything is in the pit.

After I'm reasonably comfortable with all that, THEN I teach myself to fight.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

I'll keep flying the Hornet and the Hog. The Tomcat isn't really a dream of mine. Don't think I'll buy the module.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Fly her and find her limits in the air. Maneuvers, stalls, see if I can get it into a spin, probably waste millions of dollars in aircraft. After a couple of (hopefully successful) landings on a normal runway, go to the boat and rinse and repeat carrier landings.