What do you do first when the tomcat is available?

Mking

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will memorize start up procedures and head to the boat...I will BBQ myself a few times and hopefully learn...I started flight simming only so I could fly the TOMCAT...was an un realized dream I had in 86 when I didn't get a slot-No never was in the NAVY was ROTC though..This will feel pretty cool....Looking forward to it...

Collect my winnings.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

A - 4G maneuver on top of a Mig-28.

Inverted of course.

I'd probably go for the -1G one instead...

pe775w3a.gif

But first, map the things, get familiar with the basics, watching tons of YouTubers' videos before release to be able to get her going right away without having to do the tuts (just like in the Hornet when it came out), then my first real flight will probably take me up at altitude with just external drop tanks, pick up speed and see how far I can go up from M 2.3+ and also see how the FF is up there. And after that, I'll probably try to do this...

... followed by a completely non-Neightops-compliant recovery on fumes rdlaugh.png

Long story short: I feel the need dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I'll keep flying the Hornet and the Hog. The Tomcat isn't really a dream of mine. Don't think I'll buy the module.

You need to see a doctor my friend. :thumbup:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

What I will do first ?

Obviously, see if the AIM-9 Sidewinder different employment modes and functions are there.

- Boresight

- Boresight Scan

- WCS (Radar) Scan

- TCS Scan

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

*spots your specs in sig before reading on*

You'll be going to put a graphics card in your rig rdlaugh.png

Oh man don't even tell me...

But if you had look with more attention, you would be recommending an SSD in the first place - that's what everybody keeps telling me as my rig's "weak link".

However my previous motherboard went bust last month or so, so I had to spend $$$ in a new one, a new PSU and memory sticks.

Meanwhile also bought a better CPU fan, and a new stick and throttle.

So right now I'm not much inclined to spend money, but for the Tomcat I know eventually I will...

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Aside from the obvious of learning the systems, learning the flight characters of the plane, my first real use of the Tomcat would be to go on a high speed Bombing run or do CAS with a buddy with my 4 paveways. Only then do I go Razgriz with it on A2A with its 2 heat, 6 sparrow loadout.

Oh man don't even tell me...

But if you had look with more attention, you would be recommending an SSD in the first place - that's what everybody keeps telling me as my rig's "weak link".

However my previous motherboard went bust last month or so, so I had to spend $$$ in a new one, a new PSU and memory sticks.

Meanwhile also bought a better CPU fan, and a new stick and throttle.

So right now I'm not much inclined to spend money, but for the Tomcat I know eventually I will...

Definately a SSD would help as well... but after having to tone down texture settings on the 970 4G already, I can hardly imagine DCS running at all on a 770 with half the memory. Especially now with the arrival of the 20 series, there might be a chance to get a used 10x0 card for less than a new one. Wouldn't go below a 1060 6GB though. Albeit that SSD is cheaper and therefor easier to get. I've seen decent 500GB ones below 100€.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I fly the number on the back and impress my personal Charly singing.

Running on:

i7-6700k @4.5GHz, 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ, EVGA 1080 FTW2, Asus Maximus Hero VIII, Asus PG279Q, HTC-Vive, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, T.Flight Rudder Pedals, Roccat Ryos MK Glow, Roccat Kone XTD

or

Gigabyte P55V6 Notebook, i7-6700HQ, GTX1060-6GB, 16GB Ram

Aside from the obvious of learning the systems, learning the flight characters of the plane, my first real use of the Tomcat would be to go on a high speed Bombing run or do CAS with a buddy with my 4 paveways. Only then do I go Razgriz with it on A2A with its 2 heat, 6 sparrow loadout.

Very good, which ones ? Maverick ? Iceman ? Hollywood ?

Definately a SSD would help as well... but after having to tone down texture settings on the 970 4G already, I can hardly imagine DCS running at all on a 770 with half the memory. Especially now with the arrival of the 20 series, there might be a chance to get a used 10x0 card for less than a new one. Wouldn't go below a 1060 6GB though. Albeit that SSD is cheaper and therefor easier to get. I've seen decent 500GB ones below 100€.

Only bought a used GPU once, because I knew the owner... otherwise it will probably be a new one.

Will have to cough up the money, as they aren't cheap here in Portugal.

So you can have an idea, my Asus Geforce GTX 770 OC 2GB costed me: 313 € (euro), 3 years ago.

Others like for example:

Gigabyte GTX1070 Ti Gaming 8GB GDDR5 - PCI-E : 560 € - 637,71 USD

MSI GTX 1080 Ti AERO 11G OC GDDR5X PCI-E : 795 € - 905,33 USD

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

So you can have an idea, my Asus Geforce GTX 770 OC 2GB costed me: 313 € (euro), 3 years ago.

Others like for example:

Ouch...:(

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Stick it on the Forestal (if available) with a bunch of other cats and then howl with laughter for ages because of the single digit fps. Then cry for a bit. Then do an airstart above the desert, and check out those external views and marvel at the beauty.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Only bought a used GPU once, because I knew the owner... otherwise it will probably be a new one.

Will have to cough up the money, as they aren't cheap here in Portugal.

Others like for example:

Wow, that hurts. Bought my 970 when it just was fresh and new for 319€ 4 years ago, but I still remember well how it skyrocketed up to 400+€ just a few weeks after release - and stay'd there until the 10 series arrived and the 9 series just vanished from the stores instead of getting any cheaper... didn't know there are such big differences in the EU. You should try ordering in another EU country instead, just seen a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G for 449€ (Alternate.de, same card is 469€ on their Spanish site which would be the closest to you). You'll have higher shipping costs, but still less in total most probably and no need to care about customs fees rainbowdashwink.png

Regarding the topic, I'm eager to play around with the manual intake ramp setting as well in the back seat to tweak the max speed above M 2.34... would be awesome to see little details like this twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg