How to use the TM WH Stick Base without the grip?

LeCuvier

Some people including myself have a spare TM WH Hotas joystick stick base because we use the TM WH grip in the VPC T-50 joystick base.

We hoped we could use the TM WH base without the grip just as a 2-axis input device. Unfortunately, that doesn't work "cleanly". That means, you can make it work with some manipulation; but if you unplug and re-plug it, you have to go through the manips again.

Does anybody have a solution to make it work correctly?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

You need a CD4021 Shift Register PCB plugged in base PS2 female connector for base "boot up". Warthog grip has this CD4021(3x) shift register inside.

X, Y axes of Warthog base use an "3D" HALL sensor (MLX90333) with serial protocol - 5 wires, you can't plug potentiometer - analog protocol, 3 wires, in their place.

Will be more easy/practical use this base as "button box" through shift Register PCB's using up to 23 buttons. Debolestis sell this.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Will be more easy/practical use this base as "button box" through shift Register PCB's using up to 23 buttons. Debolestis sell this.

Sounds interesting! Does that mean we could use the 2 axes of the base, plus connect 23 switches via something Debolestis sells?

Can you elaborate, or provide a link? Thanks!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5