Understanding ME : ROE / Dispersion

CougarFFW04

Hi again,

Still playing with DCS ME.

My question today concerns ROE in particular for ground units.

Let's assume that a group of vehicles (tanks, trucks, whatever) is moving from one point to a destination along the roads. Everything fine.

My problem is that when they are under attack (by airplanes or ennemy ground forces) they stop and then stick together one behind the other instead of dispersing although I set the options for ROE as "Dispersion".

Thanks to this option I would expect that when they attack or get engaged they would disperse but they don't :cry:

Did I miss something or did something wrong ?

By the way there is a parameter attached to the dispersion ROE (time in sec). I do not find it in the documentation ? What does this parameter ? I would guess that this is the time after which they start again their path after stopping if they are attacked... Right ?

Thanks in adavance :smilewink:

ROE and Dispersion Under Fire are two different options. Alarm State is also a factor

For ground units' ROE:

WEAPON FREE - Units will engage any OPFOR they encounter

RETURN FIRE - Units will engage OPFOR but only after being fired upon

WEAPON HOLD - Units will not engage, even if being fired upon

Dispersion Under Fire is a separate option witg an on/off setting with a user-configurable timer for how long the group disperses before resuming their route/original position. You cannot adjust the formation the group disperses to in this menu.

Alarm state is another behavior-related option that affects different units in different ways.

RED: Infantry will go prone, SAMs will turn their RADAR on, AI reaction time appears increased

GREEN: Infantry will continue at a normal pace along their programmed route. SAMs will turn their RADAR off.

AUTO: Units will begin with a GREEN alarm state. If hostiles are detected, the alarm state will automatically flip to RED.

If you want a group to disperse to a specific pattern, create a custom template then use the GROUP ALIVE LESS THAN or UNIT'S LIFE LESS THAN condition to activate a STOP AND DEPLOY TO TEMPLATE action. I beleve you can still use a GROUP RESUME trigger when you're ready for them to continue along their route.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the link and tips.

The convoy is parametered as follow :

- Weapon free,

- Dispersion Under Fire checked with 600 sec (default)

- Red

They are also on a "flat" landscape moving along a road but they do not disperse when attacked...

If you want a group to disperse to a specific pattern, create a custom template then use the GROUP ALIVE LESS THAN or UNIT'S LIFE LESS THAN condition to activate a STOP AND DEPLOY TO TEMPLATE action. I beleve you can still use a GROUP RESUME trigger when you're ready for them to continue along their route.

Thanks for the tip. Certainly something I want to experiment.

However still trying to understand why they do NOT.

I will post a screenshoot.

Screenshoots :

In this first one we see the tanks that are engaging the other convoy (in the upper left). As one can see, none of the convoys disperse...

nodispersion1-555265a.jpg

In this one we see vehicles sticked together one behind the other instead of dispersing.

nodispersion2-555265f.jpg

I have discarded the fact that they might not disperse if some vehicles do not allow this (trucks ?) because the convoy in the upper left (picture 1) is made only of tanks (they should be able to move out of the roads) and they stay on the road.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Edit : by the way in the mission editor in the "Group of vehicles" tab, just below the Name box there is a "Condition" box (in %). What is this ? Not documented ?

Edited by CougarFFW04

Screenshoots :

In this first one we see the tanks that are engaging the other convoy (in the upper left). As one can see, none of the convoys disperse...

Edit : by the way in the mission editor in the "Group of vehicles" tab, just below the Name box there is a "Condition" box (in %). What is this ? Not documented ?

Been testing your issue, and it is broken, they will not disperse under any conditions. I think this already been reported, can't find a report so I entered a new one.

The "Condition Box" is the likely hood of that Group showing up in mission, randomized I think, so if set to 50% will only show up once in two run through of mission.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC
Have now reported that "Dispersal under fire" issue.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Hi MadDog,

Been testing your issue, and it is broken, they will not disperse under any conditions. I think this already been reported.

Thanks for helping.

Hope ED can fix this shortly (or sooner or later :D)

Are we sure this has been already reportde and acknoledge by ED ?

The "Condition Box" is the likely hood of that Group showing up in mission, randomized I think, so if set to 50% will only show up once in two run through of mission.

What I thought.

Thanks Guys :thumbup:

• 1 year later...