More Frames !

Svsmokey

Wow . Last stable update seems to have some unheralded performance optimizations . I can't break Vsync over the Caucasus , this with settings cranked to near-max . Very smooth stutter-free experience at tree-top heights for over an hour all over the map . Sweet ! Well done , ED .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Wow . Last stable update seems to have some unheralded performance optimizations . I can't break Vsync over the Caucasus , this with settings cranked to near-max . Very smooth stutter-free experience at tree-top heights for over an hour all over the map . Sweet ! Well done , ED .

yeah, now try it in VR

LOL

Not with my rig...:(

But Vulkan should help you Vr guys-and maybe let me get in the game with a coupla upgrades...

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Wow . Last stable update seems to have some unheralded performance optimizations . I can't break Vsync over the Caucasus

I have a bit of the opposite, i lost performance, i do break the V-Sync threshold regularly now on various occasions. There are loading stutters (not often but they are there) and all this with settings not 100% maxed out. I even went from SSAA 1,5 to OFF and MSAA to x2 again to gain a bit performance back. The graphics are not always 100% loaded either when i can hit the fly button.

Nothing has changed on my setup, no Windows update, no driver change, only the new stable version has updated.

When i first changed my GTX780 for a GTX1080ti i was amazed about the performance increase (to be 100% clean i re-installed everything, OS and sim from scratch after the first testrun).

4 years ago when i changed from a GTX480 to a new PC with a GTX780 i had the same WOW moment which degraded over time as the sim got more and more developed. The FPS never ditched below 60 at first, then it started here and there up to a point where the GTX780 needed to be set to half V-Sync in order to get a smooth run. The upgrade to the 1080ti a few months ago changed that again with FPS going through the roof (but capped to 60 with V-Sync on) but after the Wednesday update things went worse and i noticed it diving below that threshold of 60 again here and there...:(

Sim now also needs a longer time to load after the update.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I have a bit of the opposite, i lost performance, i do break the V-Sync threshold regularly now on various occasions. There are loading stutters (not often but they are there) and all this with settings not 100% maxed out. I even went from SSAA 1,5 to OFF and MSAA to x2 again to gain a bit performance back. The graphics are not always 100% loaded either when i can hit the fly button.

Nothing has changed on my setup, no Windows update, no driver change, only the new stable version has updated.

When i first changed my GTX780 for a GTX1080ti i was amazed about the performance increase (to be 100% clean i re-installed everything, OS and sim from scratch after the first testrun).

4 years ago when i changed from a GTX480 to a new PC with a GTX780 i had the same WOW moment which degraded over time as the sim got more and more developed. The FPS never ditched below 60 at first, then it started here and there up to a point where the GTX780 needed to be set to half V-Sync in order to get a smooth run. The upgrade to the 1080ti a few months ago changed that again with FPS going through the roof (but capped to 60 with V-Sync on) but after the Wednesday update things went worse and i noticed it diving below that threshold of 60 again here and there...:(

Sim now also needs a longer time to load after the update.

I am so sorry to hear that ! I would be crushed to see a 1080ti not maintaining 60fps with that monitor ! Have you tried deleting metashaders and fxo files ? Perhaps you could revert as a test ? SSD worn ? Are you seeing a lot of hdd activity ?

I have deleted the metashaders and fxo files, helped a bit. I was unaware of this little trick but it makes me wonder why the game doesn't do that on it's own if it is a hit on performance?

Also, i turned off V-Sync to see what the actual FPS was through the mission (i'm using one of the training F/A-18 training missions as a reference) and these where on par with what i saw after getting the 1080ti installed but they ditched when i approached Kutaisi airport and when on the runway and taxiway after landing i noticed that it could barely keep 60 FPS. Looking at the way the scenery past i could see that getting 60 FPS was hard for the system to maintain because i got the same light stutter effect as when the sim can't match V-Sync although the onboard FPS was always on or slightly above 60 (sometimes i saw 57-58 ).

Then i thought it could be the number of object but i had a higher FPS with a higher number of object that with a lower number. So that was not really the case but then i noticed the shear amount of civil traffic passing by the airport (although i have that set to OFF in my settings, seems training missions don't take that setting into account). If i looked at the traffic, FPS dropped...

The loading stutter i noticed once in a while however was still there. No extra HD activity, nor is my SSD worn...

If i replace the F/A-18 with the A-10C, FPS go up with around 50 at the start of the mission (185-190 in the A-10C compared to 135-145 in the F/A-18 ).

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!