SU 25T

chaser

Hi

Ive noticed in the training videos for this plane everything seems to be in English where as its in Russian when im trying to fly - is there a mod or something that changes this ?

I'm trying to find out as much as I can about the plane, but in my searches on the forum not that much comes up.

Also as a complete novice should I keep to this plane or down load another as there seems to be more information and training modules on for example the A10

thanks in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, it is a Mod: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/722567/

Also on Options there is an item to change the Hud (avionics) to english.

My advice is to stick with the free planes until you are sure that DCS is your choice of sim, here is a playlist with good training for the Su-25T:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFtNdz4UYM-opnR8aZPHm8HyiKGMegSjN

:)

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This is a good video tutorial series on the Su-25T

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Here is another older good set of videos for the old Su-25 (No TV screen etc), this is a good series by bunyap and really helps to understand the big picture of what you need to be thinking about once you go into battle.

The Su-25 is part of the DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 or purchased separately. I've Just been playing around with these lately myself, still loads of fun! Giving the F/A-18 a little break.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Here is another older good set of videos for the old Su-25 (No TV screen etc), this is a good series by bunyap ...

:( ... I miss Bunyap's channel so much, wonder if he will ever return to it.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

For whats its worth. If there is a plane that you like for example you thought it was cool as a kid or for whatever reason then absolutely buy that plane that will likley make DCS much more enjoyable for you. Most have a very steep learning curve so pick one to master or at least be proficient in

I always though the A-10 was cool as hell and Instantly bought it when I saw what DCS had done for that plane in terms of immersion and depth. This was before DCS world it was stand alone on CD. I totally loved it an amazing experience and made me a DCS fan.

I just recently got DCS World because Im again excited for the f-14 and DCS world is now a requirement. Im pretty sure that if I had attempted to determine if DCS was worth the money by messing with the su-25t I would have walked away and missed out on what I got from the A-10c. I am not a fan of Su at all for many reasons im constantly frustrated with it. So by all means BUY the plane you want and learn on that dont waste time messing with a free plane unless the su-25t is the reason you got DCS world.

-Gun

For whats its worth. If there is a plane that you like for example you thought it was cool as a kid or for whatever reason then absolutely buy that plane that will likley make DCS much more enjoyable for you. Most have a very steep learning curve so pick one to master or at least be proficient in

I always though the A-10 was cool as hell and Instantly bought it when I saw what DCS had done for that plane in terms of immersion and depth. This was before DCS world it was stand alone on CD. I totally loved it an amazing experience and made me a DCS fan.

I just recently got DCS World because Im again excited for the f-14 and DCS world is now a requirement. Im pretty sure that if I had attempted to determine if DCS was worth the money by messing with the su-25t I would have walked away and missed out on what I got from the A-10c. I am not a fan of Su at all for many reasons im constantly frustrated with it. So by all means BUY the plane you want and learn on that dont waste time messing with a free plane unless the su-25t is the reason you got DCS world.

-Gun

How do you pick an aircraft if you can't test fly it first? I am a retired pensioner, I can not afford to make mistakes.

well if none of the planes appeal to you and you dont like one more than the rest then I think you should ask the following questions:

Do I want to do CAS / ground attacks or air to air? (Ground targets dont move so much might be considered easier thats opinion)

Do I like mechanical stuff before computers (get in and fly) Then wwII korea... Do I want to learn avionics? then everything else (this is the steep learning curve) the A-10 has very advanced weapon systems / nav systems / fire and flight controls..etc

That can help narrow it down to a few planes...Then go to the forum for those planes and maybe ask some more specific questions perhaps about how much others enjoyed the training missions and offline campaigns (both are excellent in A-10c stock OEM) What after market missions are available... do any of those sound like you would be interested. That's probably the best you can do.

in my opinion (talking bone stock here no mods which could solve some of these issues) The Su has a terrible set of training missions and no interactive cockpit so you are learning key combs and not visual locations of switches that you typically interact with. making it WAY harder to remember how to do something...this is a bummer. The rocket pods are pretty fricken cool though! The 2 barrel 30mm cannon is total crap and does not put rnds on target well (coming from the A-10 so im spoiled) the gun pods you would think would help they just take a bad situation and make it even worse...what a crap setup. The gun / rocket sight is often lost in the clutter of the hud which obscures my target. The worst issue I have is the lack of view from the cockpit this is a system that you need to see well out of to be proficient and its totally horrid. There's a big 25" CRT monitor blocking a nice chunk of ground on the low right, The hud has a big piece of that blue lumpy 3" thick shower glass to reflect off of and you cant see past it worth a damn in good lighting. in bad lighting its totally opaque. The canopy has large pillars all over which obscure view in many directions. The seat and fuse block view from the rear what you can see out of the back is often glare off the high radius sections of the canopy. I had 0 of these issues in the A-10 which was tough enough without those additional problems.

So hopefully this helps you make a decision as you have to wade though others opinions to form your own the trick is to narrow the scope of what you want to do and find most appealing then see whats left to fill that nitch.

How do you pick an aircraft if you can't test fly it first? I am a retired pensioner, I can not afford to make mistakes.

2 options i can think of :

FC3 is very inexpensive , and offers an interceptor , air-superiority fighters , a naval aircraft and ground-pounders . Non-clickable cockpits and simplified systems , but it will give you an idea of what kind of missions you like to fly . Also , some of the aircraft are stick-and-rudder , and some are FBW , so you can establish a preference there as well .

ED periodically offers free weekend trials . Keep an ear out in the news section .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

2 options i can think of :

FC3 is very inexpensive , and offers an interceptor , air-superiority fighters , and ground-pounders . Non-clickable cockpits and simplified systems , but it will give you an idea of what kind of missions you like to fly . Also , some of the aircraft are stick-and-rudder , and some are FBW , so you can establish a preference there as well .

ED periodically offers free weekend trials . Keep an ear out in the news section .

I have been looking at the Harrier. Video's and forum. Coming from Xplane, I want a high fidelity 3D aircraft. I just wish I could test an aircraft first. I can't afford $ to make a mistake.

I have been looking at the Harrier. Video's and forum. Coming from Xplane, I want a high fidelity 3D aircraft. I just wish I could test an aircraft first. I can't afford $ to make a mistake.

That particular aircraft is a relatively-difficult to fly , systems-heavy , short ranged , (tho AAR enabled) very effective and versatile ground-pounder , with a limited self-defense capability .

If that is what you're looking for , you may as well go for it , as even a free weekend with the harrier won't give you a comprehensive view of it's capabilities and characteristics .

Glad you are Utubing it . That should of major assistance .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

That particular aircraft is a relatively-difficult to fly , systems-heavy , short ranged , (tho AAR enabled) very effective and versatile ground-pounder , with a limited self-defense capability .

If that is what you're looking for , you may as well go for it , as even a free weekend with the harrier won't give you a comprehensive view of it's capabilities and characteristics .

Glad you are Utubing it . That should of major assistance .

Yes, your right. But there are few options for a ground pounder. I'm too old and disabled to ever learn a air to air fighter. My reflexes are too slow. I have tried fighters in other games and platforms. Even after years of trying, I'm terrible at it. The other option after the Su-25T, is a helicopter. But, I was not able to handle a helicopter in Xplane. After flying the Su-25T for the last month, I miss the clickable cockpit. Hopefully, I'll find something on sale soon.

Hi, I can relate, as I'm a retired person too :)

I know that you seem to be more atracted to jet planes, but DCS does offer a free aircraft with clickable cockpit, the TF-51D Mustang .. it would allow you to experience the clickable cockpits and see if they are really to your liking, without spending any $$$ :D

The Mustang requires quite a bit of practice, specially the landing, but once you get the hang of it it becomes a very fun aircraft to fly ... here is a Tutorial that I like because its author uses the control overlay, so you can see what is he doing with the aircraft stick, rudder and brakes at any single moment ..

... and best of all, you can use this plane for free :)

dlQrAZL080g

Cheers

Yes, your right. But there are few options for a ground pounder. I'm too old and disabled to ever learn a air to air fighter. My reflexes are too slow. I have tried fighters in other games and platforms. Even after years of trying, I'm terrible at it. The other option after the Su-25T, is a helicopter. But, I was not able to handle a helicopter in Xplane. After flying the Su-25T for the last month, I miss the clickable cockpit. Hopefully, I'll find something on sale soon.

Having a better idea of where you're coming from , and being 68 , bad eyes and po myself , i can offer you a another suggestion based on my own experience .

The Hornet , being a fly-by-wire , is very easy to startup , takeoff , fly and land . Gear and flaps up , it auto-trims to 1g , just like the tubes you may have flown in that other sim . This also makes it a very stable point-and-shoot weapons delivery platform . The systems i find are very intuitive and easy to learn , navigation as well as weapons .

Fully developed , it will be as capable a ground-pounder as the Harrier (if not more so) , with more range . It is not yet fully developed , but we're due to get our first guided ground munition this week . In any event , it already has CCIP and CCRP for slick , snakeye , and cluster munitions , and has rockets and a gun as well , so you'll have plenty to learn and enjoy as development continues .

True , it is a multi-role fighter , but you don't have to hit the AA button if you don't want to ! Give it a look , you'll be glad you did !

Having a better idea of where you're coming from , and being 68 , bad eyes and po myself , i can offer you a another suggestion based on my own experience .

The Hornet , being a fly-by-wire , is very easy to startup , takeoff , fly and land . Gear and flaps up , it auto-trims to 1g , just like the tubes you may have flown in that other sim . This also makes it a very stable point-and-shoot weapons delivery platform . The systems i find are very intuitive and easy to learn , navigation as well as weapons .

Fully developed , it will be as capable a ground-pounder as the Harrier (if not more so) , with more range . It is not yet fully developed , but we're due to get our first guided ground munition this week . In any event , it already has CCIP and CCRP for slick , snakeye , and cluster munitions , and has rockets and a gun as well , so you'll have plenty to learn and enjoy as development continues .

True , it is a multi-role fighter , but you don't have to hit the AA button if you don't want to ! Give it a look , you'll be glad you did !

I'm Looking at it. :thumbup: