If enemy has AWACS is being stealthy pointless?

bodecker

You can set the "engage radius" option on AI groups on certain main tasks. But there's no setting that is dynamic like what you ask for. Once AWACS has seen you and you are within engage radius, they will engage you. And they will continue to "magically" find you even if you dive behind mountains at this point.

I KNEW IT. I knew there was some shady maphack b.s going on with the AI. So then its fair to assume that being sneaky with AWACS on the field is pointless unless you can stay hidden from spawn...which is kind of impossible lol

So then its fair to assume that being sneaky with AWACS on the field is pointless unless you can stay hidden from spawn...which is kind of impossible lol

Yes, I agree. It would be cool if they could revamp the AI logic regarding this. You would expect that fighters that are intercepting you, will do just that. And if you disappear, that they will go into a "search mode" of sorts and while in this mode, basically continue their interception to the interception point calculated from last contact. If they haven't seen you by then, they should disengage and continue their waypoints/CAP orbit or whatever.

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick