Improving Samsung Odyssey clarity

Gryzor

I cannot hit 45FPS on the ground with 100% Samsung Odyssey resolution with a GTX 1080Ti OC @ 2025 MHz if I enable ANY shadows and you people are talking about 200% SS... Can you even fly with those settings or is it just a pretty screenshot that you see every half a second or so :))

99% of flight-time, I fly at 45 fps, medium settings, with shadows disableds. With shadow, I get the same in FPS terms, however with more stuttering so I have it disabled. However, I had high end PC (7700K@5,1 Ghz, 2080ti@2070Mhz (gigabyte aourus), 2x SS2 2TB and 1TB and 32GB RAM@3.200Mhz)

99% of flight-time, I fly at 45 fps, medium settings, with shadows disableds. With shadow, I get the same in FPS terms, however with more stuttering so I have it disabled. However, I had high end PC (7700K@5,1 Ghz, 2080ti@2070Mhz (gigabyte aourus), 2x SS2 2TB and 1TB and 32GB RAM@3.200Mhz)

And what SS (in game or steamVR) & DP do you use?

P.S: I have no ideea why people are not more upset that with high end computers like yours there is no way to hold 90FPS in this game... If we would put pressure on the devs, I am sure the game would get optimized for VR (And I would love that because I do not see myself playing it on a flatscreen ever again after playing in VR)

And what SS (in game or steamVR) & DP do you use?

P.S: I have no ideea why people are not more upset that with high end computers like yours there is no way to hold 90FPS in this game... If we would put pressure on the devs, I am sure the game would get optimized for VR (And I would love that because I do not see myself playing it on a flatscreen ever again after playing in VR)

Wags has already stated there are VR optimizations that will be coming.

No timeline was mentioned though.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Wags has already stated there are VR optimizations that will be coming.

No timeline was mentioned though.

Hope it's more sooner than later but the realist in me thinks later.....

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Improving Samsung Odyssey clarity

it will often hold 90fps, just not with the settings you choose.

some settings double workloads... and there is only so much a 5Ghz core can do.

the developers could limit your settings choices to the lowest common denominator they know will work for everyone, but do we really want them to make that decision for us?

Edited by etherbattx

it will often hold 90fps, just not with the settings you choose.

some settings double workloads... and there is only so much a 5Ghz core can do.

the developers could limit your settings choices to the lowest common denominator they know will work for everyone, but do we really want them to make that decision for us?

If you want to say a game has VR (and is not in beta) you HAVE TO have 45FPS minimum with low settings! That is a must! At this time, with a decent PC you have to have it @ 1.0 SS , no MSAA, low settings AND shadows disabled. That is unacceptable! There are a lot of games that look 2x better and hold 90FPS 90% of the time ....

ED should get their s...... together and optimize the VR.

They do not do anything because there is no serious rival for modern plane warfare on the market. That is sad and I do hope that will change soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for this tip!

I spent two weeks tweaking back and forth with the sliders but without readable text in the F-18. Then I finally came over this tread and as by magic everything became sharper. I still tweak around to find the best compromise between graphics and frames. So, I haven’t concluded yet, but will post my settings when I have them.

Specs: intel i7700 4.2 OC to 4.8 GHz, RTX 2080ti, 32 GB, SSD, Samsung Odyssey+