Question on joystick curvature.

ny3d1

I am a new guy trying to set up my joystick and throttle system (Thrustmaster stick and throttle.) But I am not familiar with the terms "Dead zone" and the others. Right now I have everything on default settings but I don't like the way it feels. I just need a starting point and I can tweak it from there. I just need the values that will give me a realistic feel. Thank you so much in advance.

Deadzone is an area defined by you around the joystick center . It is a small radius in which there is no stick output when the stick is moved . It is used because sticks often cannot maintain a perfect center , which would prohibit engaging autopilot , and in the case of older sticks , cause a perceptable unintended control input .

Try 2% . If you feel that's too much , try 1% .

Re the curves , many thrustmaster guys seem to use a range of 15-25 . This is both aircraft and user-preference dependent . Try either and adjust .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2