how to adjust throttle?

blast

Hi,

I bought a T16000m joystick and i am using the slider on top of it to adjust the throttle.

The problem is when I'm trying to air refueling: it's impossible to adjust it finely to match the speed of the tanker.

I heard the ATC in F/A-18C (autothrottle) will be adjustable in future development (such as the SU33) but as far as i know it is not yet implemented now.

Considering I don't have a real throttle with my hotas (i'm not planning to buy one for now), do you have an idea for adjusting precisely the speed?

Ty

the issue is the movement of the 16000 Throttle (the one on the stick obviously) is just one inch. what i do on a2a refueling is, setting the throttle so that i am slightly faster and just pulse the airbrake to stay in position

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Considering I don't have a real throttle with my hotas (i'm not planning to buy one for now), do you have an idea for adjusting precisely the speed?

Ty

The problem is you don't have a Hotas until you add the throttle. I'm not sure there's any answer for you other than getting better with that little wheel you have for a throttle now. You could try putting a curve in your throttle but i'm not sure it will help.

Buzz

I don't have a fancy HOTAS setup either but a rather old stick with a small throttle. I'd say, take Trev's advice and stop trying to find the magic spot in which everything works by itself.

Also, take your time. Position behind the basket and then slooowly push in. Don't rush it, don't get hectic, don't speed up too much. This isn't just general advice for that, it means you spend a little more time on the approach and can get comfortable with the tiny throttle movements you have to keep doing.

the issue is the movement of the 16000 Throttle (the one on the stick obviously) is just one inch. what i do on a2a refueling is, setting the throttle so that i am slightly faster and just pulse the airbrake to stay in position

It seems to be the best answer. I'll give a try.

In future, we will have adjustable autothrottle that will make things easier.

Ty

I know you said you weren't looking for a throttle. I understand everyone has a different view on affordable. Just a reference, here is the TWCS and currently on sale but not in stock. I did see other stores with it even cheaper but I don't trust non-name brand stores.

Link isn't a referral link, just a direct link with keyword to the item.

Amazon Link

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

If that slider is an axis I would put a slight curve to it.

I'm using an X-56 and straight axis is too touchy - accelerate/decelerate too much too easy. Adding a slight 1 or 2 curve changed it completely.

You can't just set the throttle and forget it landing or refueling. It's nearly in constant motion.

I really don't understand how a curve on a throttle can be a good idea. You have greater control in the middle, but then you give up control at the highs and lows. Ideally you should have a constant throttle sensitivity across the entire range.

I used to fly the fsx accel hornet and then the vrs super hornet all the time, and even though I was able to put the plane to a full stop on the deck, I'd just wing it, no actual idea what I was doing, since I always used ATC.

whenever you can, get a separate throttle, it's a hell of a difference

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

I really don't understand how a curve on a throttle can be a good idea. You have greater control in the middle, but then you give up control at the highs and lows. Ideally you should have a constant throttle sensitivity across the entire range.

that's cuz you spent most of the time in the middle, so that's where you need fine tuning.

if you have proper controllers you most likely won't need curves though

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

In the end i found out how to solve this issue: adding a curve of 35 on the throttle axis was very useful. I also did the same for x and y axis and it makes the refueling way more easier and pleasant.

Ty guys for your help. thumbup.gif