Maximum amount of GBUs?

Linx

NATOPS Naval Air Training and Operating Procedures Standardization which describes like 10,000 different documents. If anyone tells you to look at NATOPS, pretend nothing was said because nothing was said.

Looks like 4, at least of GBU-16 size. 2000 lbers likely only 2, up front.

The different F-14 models had different capacities due to bring back weight restrictions. The F-14As could and often did carry 4 GBU-12s, but the heavier F-14B/Ds were normally not in quad-bomber configuration. They did occasionally carry 3, but not 4. Usually only 2 GBU-16s.

If you are wondering entirely about the theoretical vs. operational carriage, F-14s only had 4 hardpoints for bombs and there were size restrictions. Carrying 4 GBU-12s or -16s would be okay, but you start getting into larger sizes and it becomes more difficult to fit 4 weapons in the tunnel. The jets could only carry a pair of GBU-24s and they had to be staggered with one on the port side forward station and the other on the starboard side aft.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

NATOPS Naval Air Training and Operating Procedures Standardization which describes like 10,000 different documents. If anyone tells you to look at NATOPS, pretend nothing was said because nothing was said.

LOL! (it can't be rather daunting). ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

NATOPS is like a bible to some people. Just look at the amount of bug reports that come in the Hornet, were the first sentence in the report is: NATOPS states.. blablabla

Expect the same thing to happen with the Tomcat :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

It's the same as phrases like "Google is your friend". Because it's definately not. It's just a phrase commonly used by the ones who probably even know the answer, but are too lazy to write them down and rather spend their time trolling newcomers instead.

I for one would never have bothered checking the NATOPS for armament information as I've yet to see publicly availabe NATOPS pdfs that cover any of the weapon systems at all, and I've got quite a few of those documents already thanks to this board.

NATOPS is like a bible to some people. Just look at the amount of bug reports that come in the Hornet, were the first sentence in the report is: NATOPS states.. blablabla

Expect the same thing to happen with the Tomcat biggrin.gif

Same for the Harrier... and lots of things don't match what's said in NATOPS still, like the AFC... so there's nothing wrong about quoting those for bug reports other than 1.16, sadly fluttershysad.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Same for the Harrier... and lots of things don't match what's said in NATOPS still, like the AFC... so there's nothing wrong about quoting those for bug reports other than 1.16, sadly fluttershysad.png

Fair enough, I did not mean to say that there is anything wrong with it, I aimed more towards some people that seem to turn into aircraft engineers because they have read NATOPS, whilest in most cases the devs have read it themselves and are working on it or are planning to :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I plan on using dumb bombs more often - can carry, what, 14 of them?

Dumb-bombs, theoretically a lot, operationally 4.

Also agree with everyone else about trolling someone, when they "don't know what you think you know."

I never understood that attitude about some folks, when they could have just as easily moved on and said nothing.

The easiest thing you can do is nothing.

A better thing is tell them the answer or share your opinion.

The best thing to do is give them the answer but also show them how you derived that answer.

At least with the iron bombs, you can have a formation of tomcats carpet bomb an area. not sure if we’ll ever get the F-111 in DCS, but a tomcat loaded with mk82s would make a nice high speed bomber for carpet bombing against airbases or any large target you want to bomb.

Multiple Mk82 eyectors were not even tested on a live plane, US Navy tested them on wind tunnel and conlcude they were not reliable and bombs will hit among them making the whole stuff dangeorus and unpredictable. So Us Navy never adquired those eyectors.

Iran in the other hand tested on combat, but no information available about it.

I have the original report if someone wanted it.

Tony Holmes' books on the F-14 in the Afghanistan and Iraq Wars are a treasure-trove of information on the topic. Here's a passage from F-14 Tomcat Units of Operation Enduring Freedom:

On the first night of OEF, our aircraft were hitting pre-planned targets, so we knew what ordnance was required. We had four jets heading out, and we uploaded bombs in quantities that we had never previously hung on a VF-213 aircraft – two of the Tomcats carried pairs of 1000-lb GBU-16s, and the remaining jets were armed with 500-lb GBU-12s. We also armed each of them with single AIM-54C Phoenix and AIM-7M Sparrow missiles, as well as two AIM-9L Sidewinders and 678 rounds for their 20 mm cannon. The jets were prepared for anything, as we had little idea about what kind of air threat would be opposing us.

http://a.co/d/exkH1Uj

The same Aviation Ordnanceman quoted above notes that, throughout his 20+year career, he'd never seen F-14s laden with so many stores and there was a genuine concern about the ability of the Tomcats to make it off the flight deck. Returning was obviously not as major a concern, since the planes were expected to expend some, if not all, of their ordnance.

There are images on the F-14 Carrying TER's loaded with GBU-12s on the center-tunnel pylons, so im assuming 6-12 GBU-12/16's.

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

There are images on the F-14 Carrying TER's loaded with GBU-12s on the center-tunnel pylons, so im assuming 6-12 GBU-12/16's.

I've seen pictures of F-14s with TERs on the forward pylons, but if these are ever loaded with anything, it's BDU-33 training bombs. I've never seen the TERs loaded with GBUs. An F-14 can't even ferry that many.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png