Maximum amount of GBUs?

Linx

As an aviation ordnance assigned to VF-11 from 98-01 I can tell you max of four bombs was FOUR. Period.

EXCEPT: GBU24s. Two of those due to size they took up on the belly.

The introduction on the video from heatblur is an eyesore to me because the amount of bombs seen on the belly was never used in the fleet. I don't even know how the weapons rail would be configured for that.

Testing? Maybe.

As far as NATOPS. I doubt you'll ever see it. If memory serves it was confidential and dubbed "not to be duplicated".

I don't miss loading GBU24s. You had to lower the weapons rail to that and crank that thing back up. It was a heavy bomb and would wear you out cranking that thing back up.

Dare I say anything though? Not until I saw this post. When I mentioned something on the Facebook page when they announced it on the DCS A-10 page I was met with nothing but hateful and "I have no idea what I'm talking about comments". Even DCS A-10 gave me a nasty look. Some PR. and STILL no reply when I asked them about that.

Anyways, that's my firsthand experience. The F14 carpet bomber never existed in my experience. But what do I know?

I've seen pictures of F-14s with TERs on the forward pylons, but if these are ever loaded with anything, it's BDU-33 training bombs. I've never seen the TERs loaded with GBUs. An F-14 can't even ferry that many.

TER's were only ever used for special equipment or ordnance such as BDU-33's. TALD's were also put on TER's. There's also a parachute flare (forgot the designation) on a TER we loaded for AIM9 shoots.

Never a MK80 series/GBU or JDAM series.

So it just occured to me that the image from VF-32 With the 3 GBU's on the cart are not actually attached to a BRU-42. lul.

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

I am ok with the racks. Would be a nice feature if they modelled the rack shortcomings also.

The thing, is Iranians tested that rack, but nobody knows how it goes with it. Maybe ok for Iranians cats, but not accurate for US Navy cats as F14A got removed the capability to carry those racks.

Edited by Gunar_Konrad

Well, there was the possibility to add 14 bombs but they never used it ...perfect solution is to let the mission builder or host decide if we are allowed to carry them or not.

I can live very well with it until we get an Intruder or a F-111, then we no longer have the need to use such loadouts on the Tomcat.

vCVW-17 / VF-74