F1 FOV like F2

rvotri

Is it possible to have the same F2's FOV on F1's view?

The F1 is unrealistic and a showstopper...

And seems that the cockpit isn't in the same FOV from outside...

if you set Ctrl F11 and move camera inside, you will be able to see all front dash without getting outside things smaller. If you use F1 and put the front dash in same angles, a mountain becomes a speed bumper :noexpression:

Thank you!

Who cares...

External F2 view is set at 60° by default, you can verify your FOV level while in cockpit by pressing RCTRL+pause twice, and adjust him with numpad +/- (i believe, not on my PC now) or edit the snapview.lua in the Saved Games directory. But with this FOV, say goodbye to situational awareness and sense of speed...

External F2 view is set at 60° by default, you can verify your FOV level while in cockpit by pressing RCTRL+pause twice, and adjust him with numpad +/- (i believe, not on my PC now) or edit the snapview.lua in the Saved Games directory. But with this FOV, say goodbye to situational awareness and sense of speed...

No. I cant change FOV... tried lots of keys...:(

Who cares...

Try going to your control setup and making sure you don't have multiple things assigned to changing the FOV.

Delete all the assignments for changing the cockpit FOV except one.

If you have an axis or slider also set it might be holding the FOV a the default.

Cheers.

EDIT and Update: Allright maybe I was mistaking as I took Zoom as camera distance as optics people call Zoom changing the FOV. Although the word Zoom just means magnification and making something appear larger, when you put camera forward, the object is not bigger, it appears bigger, therefore this term may be disputed which Zoom method was originally meant or which is the proper one.

Moving the camera wouldn't really make anything outside in the HUD area appear bigger as in sniper-scope like zoom, and it would also looks as if your head/eyes were moved there.

F1 Full Module Clickable Cockpit:

Mouse wheel -> nothing

Zoom in slow - Zoom out slow -> changes FOV

Zoom in - Zoom out -> adjusts FOV (snaps to preset)

Zoom in external - Zoom out external -> changes FOV

F1 Full module Nonclickable Cockpit mode: (listing only changes with clickable F1 view)

Mouse wheel -> changes FOV

F2 View:

Mouse wheel -> changes Zoom

Zoom in slow - Zoom out slow -> changes Zoom

Zoom in - Zoom out -> changes Zoom (same as above)

Zoom in external - Zoom out external -> changes FOV

Additionally:

Normal FOV/Zoom levels for these controls don't correspond to the defaults that are used when spawning with the aircraft in either cold or hot mode. F-18C used as example but I'm sure this is so for many other aircraft AFAIK.

F-18C Default F1 Cockpit FOV Mission Start: 82.2

F-18C Default F1 Cockpit FOV Zoom Normal (NumEnter): 63.0

A-10C Default F1 Cockpit FOV Mission Start: 95.0

A-10C Default F1 Cockpit FOV Zoom Normal (NumEnter): 75.0

A-10C Default F1 Cockpit FOV Mission Start: 107.4

A-10C Default F1 Cockpit FOV Zoom Normal (NumEnter): 87.5

Tried testing if it's some kind of % play, but the proportions are different in each case, not sure if these are arbitrary zoom selections to make it feel right, but it's not real zoom, it's FOV, and realistically your eyes have the same FOV no matter which airplane you fly, but if the normal FOV doesn't look right in-game then it's up to something else that should be adjusted to conform to the FOV realism, in worst case the cockpit model it self.

With the updated A-10C PBR cockpit on the way I have heard this could be taken to account, eventually all airplanes should have and an actual zoom feature introduced and proper defaults picked for that.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria