[NOT A BUG] Additional Oxygen Bug Info.

00Donkey

I just finished trying out the new "AGM-65E" Mission (under Instant Action in the Caucuses Map) And I realize someone has reported the Oxygen cutting off and causing "Hypoxia" to our pilot "WHEN STARTING UP THE AIRCRAFT"...However this occurred to me in the instant action mission for the AGM-65E, as i was shutting down the aircraft's systems AND had the Canopy OPEN! This occurred after i had landed at Batumi and taxi'ed into a staging area near the main Airport-Terminal. I opened the Cockpit and began shutting things down... Then suddenly i recognized that my pilot's vision was beginning to get "tunneled," and eventually blacked out completely before i could click on the switch and turn the knob back on! Also, I'm not certain, but wouldn't the aircraft's "betty" say something? or at the very least wouldn't the "Master-Caution Light" kick on? *(I DO REALIZE THIS IS STILL AN UNFINISHED AIRCRAFT)* and i am just curious as to what i should expect it to do once the F-18C is completed, so i don't accidentally report a false bug for example: If the aircraft gives ZERO Warnings if the oxygen flow is switched off or when turning the knob that opens and shuts the Oxygen flow valve, someone might EXPECT the aircraft to give the pilot a warning and thus report it as a bug when or if the aircraft fails to do so!...

. Furthermore, (And this is just me speculating) But i noticed once i shut off the oxygen the pilot began to get "Hypoxic" almost IMMEDIATELY And from videos i've watched of Air-Force Trainee's, it at least LOOKED as if it generally takes longer than just a few seconds for the Hypoxia to kick in. As well as the vision becoming "Tunneled" the pilot would SEVERELY BE LIMITED IN THINKING, and more specifically, his or her basic bodily motor functions such as "trying to twist the knob to re-open the valve, would become very severely hindered. So to simulate this you might have the mouse icon "Swaying" back and forth, as well as for those using hotkeys, maybe you could make it so the valve would open slower or sporadically as the pilot "Fumbles" with it, since he or she would be in a state of mind that is severely slowed as far as thinking and moving.

But in closing, i'm pointing to the fact that the Hypoxic pilot seems like a bug because, the pilot should be able to VERY QUICKLY AND EASILY remove his Oxygen mask upon opening the canopy during the aircraft shutdown process! *(Same goes for Aircraft Startup)*

:joystick: .... :pilotfly: .....:helpsmilie::helpsmilie:.......... :doh::doh::doh:

Edited by 00Donkey

This has been brought up a few times. ED's response was simply don't turn the oxygen off. There is not an option currently to take the mask off so I guess if your OBOGS is damaged in flight it's best to eject. I can't comment on if ED's stance has changed toward this issue or not because we simply don't know.