Training mission for AGM 65E anyone?

Alligin

I respectfully disagree. I actually just ran Wags Training mission 3 times and all was well. I never had to call for SPOT

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Normally the correct procedure is to say spot and then in. But you are right you don't have to do that.

Maybe you got no permission because you were attacking from a wrong direction ? You have to attack east to west like he instructed you.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

If i use Wags mission with the Humvee as jtac i don't need to say SPOT and IN. I did a training mission with a Reaper drone as jtac and there i have to use these or i get a abort message and the UAV will turn off the laser and the Mav will fall short.

Edit: Typo

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

HMMMmmmmm, then I stand corrected! I did not realize that difference between the types of JTACs, i will try that out,, Thanks for correcting me gents!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

If i use Wags mission with the Humvee as jtac i don't need to say SPOT and IN. I did a training mission with a Reaper drone as jtac and there i have to use these or i get a abort message and the UAV will turn off the laser and the Mav will fall short.

Edit: Typo

Nice I thought i was doing it wrong with the reaper drone :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I followed this video on how to setup the jtac :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried a variation of this Predator JTAC mission where I carried two AGM-65Es and four MK-83 bombs....very strange...I was pretending that the first two kills were a standoff elimination of airfield defenses and wanted to go to the free-falls to mop up...oddly enough JTAC ordered me to use the GUN to take out these last two BTRs instead of the MK-83s...naturally, I disregarded that and when I used the 83s, I got a "forbidden" message....I suppose I could have checked/signed out with the predator and then bombed the two remaining targets, but why wouldn't the Predator tell me to use the bombs rather than the GUN rounds? It can't be because the drone can't lase the tgt for free-falls, because it can't do that with the GUN rounds either....which makes me wonder if i DID actually have air defenses, would the predator know enough to target them first???

Edited by Alphamale

Thanks. :) It worked fine. I got the message to abort some times, but I did that on my mission too. I dont know if it is a bug in the game or something.

With the Predator drone, to avoid the "Abort" command, you must declare SPOT after you've locked the target, and then IN, to declare direction the missile is approaching from....At this point, you will get authorization as "Cleared Hot" to release the weapon ("RIFLE")

With the Predator drone, to avoid the "Abort" command, you must declare SPOT after you've locked the target, and then IN, to declare direction the missile is approaching from....At this point, you will get authorization as "Cleared Hot" to release the weapon ("RIFLE")

Thanks a million :) I will try that :thumbup:

How to Kill a Ship AGM-65E

My FAC was supposed to lase armor on a pier in the Persian Gulf Map. I had a sub right off the pier. As I launched my Mavs the sub moved out a bit from the pier. Seems like the laser which was aiming at the armor was now hitting the sub. I sank the sub with 4 Mavs.

Although I am pleased with the outcome, I could not get the FAC to lase the sub even when it was indicated as the target group.

Am I wrong that DCS is currently not able to have a AI FAC actually lase a ship object?

Video is here:

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

Do we have infantry/special forces units to lase with? I’ve seen the Humvee unit used, but doesn’t seem very covert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

[EDIT] Oh geez never mind, I was being dumb. I couldn't get my own JTACs set up correctly because I was setting the callsign, frequency, etc. in the Triggered actions section, rather than the advanced waypoint actions section. [facepalm] (see attached screenshot)

Once I set them up correctly it all works, and it's great. Thanks for the example missions! These laser Mavericks are fun.

Empty_Triggered_Actions.JPG.ef474ad9f8fe3585f5899c4ceadb7111.JPG

Edited by NoJoe