[FIXED] The wind moves away the BK90

SspectrumM

I've checked and Viggen in DCS doesnt account for the wind drift of the submunitions. It may or may not do this IRL, the docs doesnt say. I anyway added this feature now, but it's impossible to make it perfectly accurate since the submunitions will be dispensed on different altitudes. Inputting incorrect wind-data into CK37 as suggested in this thread may not be a good workaround until the patch since it probably just introduces a error in the INS that just happens sometimes to coincide with the offset for the submunitions.

So the dispenser itself does not get blown away? Just the submunitions?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes easily seen in a mission with wind. The capsule steers into the wind.

Alright, so as long as there is no official information if the BK90 also performed wind correcting for the submunitions (like the CBU-97 does for example), then the current behaviour is fine I guess, although that makes the BK90 pretty difficult to use effectively when there is wind.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Here's a video of it actually working with wind being manually input:

I see this same behavior on my machine. Maybe it accounts submunition bomb fall times into the total bomb fall time, and thus comes up with the correct result even if the submunitions aren't explicitly in the equation?

Also, wind correction doesn't appear to be implemented at all on PLAN and DYK for LD bombs, but does appear implemented on CCIP for HD bombs. I have not tested NAV or RADAR modes. Is this true to the aircraft or just not implemented yet?

Ok figured out how inputting bad wind data would seemingly increase accuracy for Bk90. Fix will be in next patch probably. Thanks guys!

Great to hear! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg