P-51 Trim WILL NOT work

deepdiver8055

Trim in the p51 will not work. Tried everything and it does not work. Doesn't work using keys in game or sim mode, does not work using joystick keys. You can see the trim moving on the plane during flight but it is not functional at least not in my version. I just reinstalled the latest world and reinstalled all my payware models but this mustang trim has no effect and I'm really getting sick of holding the stick forward.

I've been in simulation since the beginning of time and this plane has serious issues. Everything else works fine, my other aircraft work fine just not this 51.

Edited by deepdiver8055

Repaints I've created (screens only)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

check your controls they are most likely doubled up on all the controls in you're axis, and you're keybinds.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

ahhhh this is driving me crazy... even if I use the mouse with the pointer in the cockpit rolling the trim wheels nothing is registering and the craft still has that casual climb. I made sure all the assigned keys and buttons only had one input or the other and not two or more assigned to the trim. That's what I thought it was at first but that isn't it. Again though, my other aircraft work fine with trims even my Black Shark.

ahhhh this is driving me crazy... even if I use the mouse with the pointer in the cockpit rolling the trim wheels nothing is registering and the craft still has that casual climb. I made sure all the assigned keys and buttons only had one input or the other and not two or more assigned to the trim. That's what I thought it was at first but that isn't it. Again though, my other aircraft work fine with trims even my Black Shark.

you sure you're not in game mode? or using the P51 TF, P51 Game, opposed to the P51 SIM?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

TF 51, in sim mode does utilize trim just fine. Now if you are referring to the fact that he may be setting up the wrong a/c in the control settings, that is a possibility as they are separate.

The thing is though, he said he tried manipulating it directly, activating it with the mouse in the cockpit view, it does sound weird.

Game mode would be my 1st suspicion as well, but would think trim works there too, have never used game mode so not sure. May test some things later.

Having FFB ticked in the options will do this to some modules.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Thanks for the replies and taking the time to try and figure out what it might of been. I appreciate it.

Here's an "Fun" video i threw together to just let off some steam with unlimited weapons on.

Also started the campaign and up to mission 8 but set everything back to normal as far as weapons. I really like the sound mod I added to it. Very good on the creators part for that one.

Fun video: :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVv9Lsa3xpQ&t=3s

• 3 weeks later...

I have this same issue with the Spitfire and the F5. In my case, it is with the horizontal stabilizer trim tabs. The controls work, but the trim tabs do not move and the plane does not respond to trim tab changes.

With the F5, the issue is also with the horizontal stabilizer. In this case, once I adjust the trim controls (In either direction), the trim adjustment won't stop until it reaches its limit.

Nothing I have tried has solved these issues. I feel your pain.