[REPORTED]Master Arm On to Dispense Expendables?

Nealius

related but not (?) related...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225253

i asked why switch fwd and switch aft doesn't work

only "aft" works - and that dispenses both ch and fl

how do we get operation as described in manual and the real-world manual as shown in thread above/earlier

??

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Logic, or you can take my word for it, which is based off 500+ hours in the F/A-18 (not simulated)

Dispenser switch ON (not BYPASS), weight on wheels: should be able to box PB8 ‘ALE47’ on the EW page, setup the programs etc. Nil expendables will be dispensed.

Dispenser switch ON, weight off wheels: box ALE47, with PB19 ‘MODE’ in STBY (displayed under PB8 ), nil expendables will be dispensed with HOTAS/Sill switch actuation.

Dispenser switch ON, weight off wheels, cycle PB19 until ‘MAN1’ displayed under PB19: flares and/or chaff dispensed IAW the program setup and HOTAS/Sill switch selection, regardless of master arm position.

The above is accurate for the real jet. I’m away and unable to check the DCS jet atm, but I wouldn’t bother contacting Boeing.

would have loved a REAL 500 hours..all the best!biggrin.gif

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

related but not (?) related...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225253

i asked why switch fwd and switch aft doesn't work

only "aft" works - and that dispenses both ch and fl

how do we get operation as described in manual and the real-world manual as shown in thread above/earlier

??

Flip the switch up one more position into Bypass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 4 months later...

Drop countermeasures only with master arm

After reading a series of manuals and resources, I have very much doubts that it would be necessary to activate Master arm. I think the safety is done through the dispenser and sensors on wheels. Even on this forum was from people who served in F/A-18C said that to drop countermeasures is not necessary to have Master arm.

It’s referenced in the checklists, so MA being required on to dispense was at some point an actual requirement. At some point, it changed from those that are in the know.

They hve already stated that there would be work to allow program management on the ground.

Yes, it would be really great to get an answer from ED. The thread created in the bug section was merged with this thread. It would be enough to respond in the style of working on it. But I don't know what to think, if it wasn't a bug they would write or be wrong? Wags, or any of the developers, please reply to this thread. Thanks.

edit: If you remember the Jetstream series of training Canadian pilots, they have master off, SIM boxed (in Store page) and countermeasures worked.

Edited by Martin2487
New idea

• 10 months later...
  • ED Team

Hi all

I have reported this to the team for review

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 9 months later...
On 3/11/2020 at 9:45 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all

I have reported this to the team for review

thanks

I've just come across this today as I've started learning the hornet a little. Is it on the list somewhere for fixing after the review?

Win10 x64, 16 GB RAM, Ryzen 5 1600X @3.60 GHz, 500 GB SSD, GeForce 1080 Ti

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, Teeps said:

I've just come across this today as I've started learning the hornet a little. Is it on the list somewhere for fixing after the review?

Currently in review, dont worry once it is ready will will mention it in the change log. 

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2