SU25T & SU25

Barbarossa

Hi all...

Is it possible to hope that in the future the ED can put its hand on the SU25T and SU25?

In recent years, some FC3 modules have been updated. I hope this can happen also for the SU25T. It is a module that is still flying on every type of server, it's a great plane with many possible uses and it's shame that it can not have the same fame as its old predecessors.

One examples? Berioza is completely unusable...

My Specs:

Win 11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D @ 4,2GHz, 64 GB, Radeon RX7900 XTX, 500GB + 2000GB SSD

I love the Su-25T too. :)

Seeing as it is the first aircraft most people get to fly coming free with DCS World I would have thought it would have been the first to be updated and made bug free to make a great first impression.

You're right!

My Specs:

Win 11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D @ 4,2GHz, 64 GB, Radeon RX7900 XTX, 500GB + 2000GB SSD

I wish that ED update it to the Su-25TM (also known as the Su-39),

Biggest difference is the ability to carry Kopyo radar in a pod under belly and carry

Air-Air missiles such as the R-77. Also anti-ship missiles.

Seems like a rather easy operation. Su-25TM model is already in DCS as AI. Add BVR Air-Air radar mode like on the Fulcrum and the anti-ship missile in a similar fashion to the anti-radar missiles already in-game.

That way new players can get a taste of both Air-Ground and Air-Air on Day 1 of trying DCS :)

Biggest difference is the ability to carry Kopyo radar in a pod under belly and carry Air-Air missiles such as the R-77. Also anti-ship missiles.

Seems like a rather easy operation. Add BVR Air-Air radar mode like on the Fulcrum and the anti-ship missile in a similar fashion to the anti-radar missiles already in-game.

That way new players can get a taste of both Air-Ground and Air-Air on Day 1 of trying DCS :)

It's really hard to believe that it can carry the R-77... where did it came from?

I love the Su-25T too. :)

Seeing as it is the first aircraft most people get to fly coming free with DCS World I would have thought it would have been the first to be updated and made bug free to make a great first impression.

Right, it's the basic of marketing.

Biggest difference is the ability to carry Kopyo radar in a pod under belly and carry

Air-Air missiles such as the R-77. Also anti-ship missiles.

Seems like a rather easy operation. Su-25TM model is already in DCS as AI. Add BVR Air-Air radar mode like on the Fulcrum and the anti-ship missile in a similar fashion to the anti-radar missiles already in-game.

It would be beautiful!

My Specs:

It's really hard to believe that it can carry the R-77... where did it came from?

ARMAMENT of SU25TM

1x30-mm cannon GSh-30

Warload-4.400 kg in 11 hardpoints

16 Anti-tank missile Vihr

4 anti-ship missile Kh-31A, Kh-35, 4 Air-to-air missile R-60 or R-77E.

4 Anti-radiation missile X-31, X-35, or 2 x X-31P or X-58UE.

57-370-mm rocet, bombs (free fall, cluster, nuclear)

My Specs:

Like the Su-25T it was built in very limited numbers. It was shown at airshows with all the bells and whistles, but sales did not go as planned. As we know the R-77 is even today quite rare to see.

Since the Su-25T that is in DCS today is also a bit hypothetical (source: Chizh), with features that are a mix betwwen the T and TM, I do not see much harm in upgrading it to it's fullest potential. Even if it was built in very limited numbers.

See it as a face lift, maybe a bit nicer Shkval display, more detailed textures, pilot in cockpit...

Yes it would take a bit of more work on a free module, but I think it will pay off in the end. Maybe get some dedicated

modders and enthusiasts to do it for "free" with help, approval and signoff by ED? Good way to improve a free module

without breaking the bank or disrupting current developments.

Show on a first impression that this is DCS World 2.5 by still paying respect to it's older but interesting "eastern tech" roots :)

Edited by Schmidtfire

I believe the TM uses something different than the Shkval, but if they’re willing to be a bit hypothetical on a FC/MAC made plane, that’s nothing to complain about, there is also the trouble with doing Russian planes that are in service

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I have a few books on the Frogfoots.

It actually still has the Shkval system. See it as an upgraded evolution of Su-25T. From what I know the Su-25T does not longer exist. Only very few upgraded to TM and TK (export variants).

Russia decided to move forward on the Su-25SM series instead.

They are upgraded Su-25(A) with modern HUD and improved avionics. The Su-25T/TM was a lot more expensive and complex.