Regular integration of end user skins approved by ED

Boris

Since there are countless great skins out there for all aircraft, I find it's quite an effort to search for and install these.

I would really like for ED to include community skins that meet quality and realism standards in the regular updates.

According to the EULA user created "New Game Materials" technically belong to ED.

Download size, considering the already huge size of DCS, should no longer be an issue in this day and age.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

There are so many great skins and the reality is most players will never take the time to search out and install them. It would be great if these were user submitted content and included with DCS. I think that has already happened to a certain extent.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I think that if they do this, and I really like the idea, ED will probably have to put out some general requirements in terms of what has to be included in the .lua file, stuff like that, to avoid a situation where later on something is missing from the .lua file, or a country designation is misspelled or something, and a skin doesn't work. That's my only real concern with this, a quick review of the skin itself, to make sure it looks good and doesn't contain any unacceptable images/words would be simple, but if ED has to double-check the .lua files and who knows what else, that might add more time than it's worth.

I think that if they do this, and I really like the idea, ED will probably have to put out some general requirements in terms of what has to be included in the .lua file, stuff like that, to avoid a situation where later on something is missing from the .lua file, or a country designation is misspelled or something, and a skin doesn't work. That's my only real concern with this, a quick review of the skin itself, to make sure it looks good and doesn't contain any unacceptable images/words would be simple, but if ED has to double-check the .lua files and who knows what else, that might add more time than it's worth.

Good point !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I would really like for ED to include community skins that meet quality and realism standards in the regular updates.

If you check the change logs you will see that your wish is already happening, there are several user skins added during this year.

As skins can use up quite a bit of space (I have only a small subset of what's available, and it is almost 32 GB), ED has to be very selective with what it adds to the core game, or the whining from those with little available space will be loud :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB