high definition caucasus map

Xilon_x

1563850891_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2018_11_12-14_18_12_63.thumb.png.be0a9c22b413de3b7b30ed6b6b48ba02.png

1089262463_DesktopScreenshot2018_11.12-14_19_03_07.thumb.png.5832ac4fa260c70245a7beac8829a862.png

the maps are ok thanks dcs but something is missing. To see if the map is similar to reality, the first thing I look at is its contours, that is the coasts. OK OK what is missing is the definition of ports every city has a ports with its own shape. EXAMPLE on these photos above.

I ask ED-DCS if it is possible to better adjust the coasts of the Caucasus. I believe with regard to the rest I am satisfied with the work already done on the Caucasus.

Edited by Xilon_x

• 2 months later...

I'm guessing there have been a lot of compromises for performance sake. If you look at satellite images of Batumi, it looks nothing like the way it's depicted in DCS. It's just the nature of the beast.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I do not ask to make large changes to the current map ..... I ask simply to improve the contours of the coast to make them similar to reality '.

The map already has features that are not there in reality. Like airfields that where shut down and built over in the 80's.

So I don't think they share your ambitions.

The map already has features that are not there in reality. Like airfields that where shut down and built over in the 80's.

So I don't think they share your ambitions.

I'll ask you a question, have you ever flown in VFR?

Visual flight expects to recognize the characteristics of the terrain.

now if I fly on the coast of the caucasus and miss a harbor or miss a bay I am disoriented. and I have no reference points.

the characteristics of the coast are important.

The Caucasus map is for free ! Since 1.5.x it changed a lot to the better.

And it is a GAME ! No reason to be dissatisfied. What you`re asking for is (imho) way too much.

P.S.

Thank you ED for a very good FREE map.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet