Names and Callsigns on jets

Guppy

I would LOVE it if we could have the ability to have our names on our jets when joining a server. Similarly how we can manually edit our airplane numbers.

IE: John "Guppy" Rudell

or something along those lines. I imagine it would not be a whole skin as it could operate as a texture above. (similar to the numbering)

I would LOVE it if we could have the ability to have our names on our jets when joining a server. Similarly how we can manually edit our airplane numbers.

IE: John "Guppy" Rudell

or something along those lines. I imagine it would not be a whole skin as it could operate as a texture above. (similar to the numbering)

In the Navy it's reasonably uncommon to fly the jet with your name on it (assuming you have your name on the jet, nugget, now go pull the maintenance records on 1 and tell me why 7 is still down!?).

Setting a call sign would be...awesome. Uzi one-one? Seriously? Who came up with those? I get the need...hard to voice-over a custom call sign, especially if you don't know which alphabet it's going to use. Unless they can leverage something like Amazon Polly, which still isn't perfect, it's going to be tough.

In the Navy it's reasonably uncommon to fly the jet with your name on it (assuming you have your name on the jet, nugget, now go pull the maintenance records on 1 and tell me why 7 is still down!?).

Setting a call sign would be...awesome. Uzi one-one? Seriously? Who came up with those? I get the need...hard to voice-over a custom call sign, especially if you don't know which alphabet it's going to use. Unless they can leverage something like Amazon Polly, which still isn't perfect, it's going to be tough.

Pilot callsign is not the same as in-flight callsign, unless US pilots do things differently than pretty much the rest of the world...

DCS Finland | SF squadron

For the USAF, we were suppose to removed those before going to combat.

(Added-AFRC)

Remove all exterior crew names prior to combat deployment

IAW TO 1-1-8, Chapter 8.(T-2)

This is a direct PDF link

https://static.e-publishing.af.mil/production/1/afrc/publication/afi20-114_afrcsup/afi20-114_afrcsup.pdf

ACCESSIBILITY: Publications and forms are available for downloading and ordering on the e-Publishing website at http://www.e-Publishing.af.mil.

RELEASABILITY: There are no releasability restrictions on this publication

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..