Flaps MVR (middle position) really not assignable?

Boris

Am I missing something?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

The following commands cycle to MVR if using HOTAS WH Throttle:

Toggle Flaps Dn

Toggle Flaps Up

attachment.php?attachmentid=197783&d=1542138107

Capture.thumb.PNG.bbe08baf259c3c7eca6fbf733381edba.PNG

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Am I missing something?

Because when the game detects a certain controller it loads up a different .lua for input. The list of controls that are available to you depends on the specific models of controllers that are connected.

Look in \DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Input\A-10C\joystick\. Notice in the .lua specifically named for the TMWH Throttle it has these lines:

{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN22'}}    ,down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_UP, up = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_MNR_from_UP,name = _('Toggle Flaps Up'), category = _('Systems')},
{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN23'}}    ,down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_DN, up = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_MNR_from_DN,name = _('Toggle Flaps Dn'), category = _('Systems')},

You will not find these lines in default.lua (which affects all devices which don't have a name-specific .lua).

So because those lines are defined in Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua but not in keyboard\default.lua or joystick\default.lua or joystick\Joystick - HOTAS Warthog.lua, they cannot be used with those other controllers. Commands are only available for the controller associated with the .lua in which they are defined.

Thank you both for the info. Well then I'm very surprised that the flaps middle position is absent in the default lua.

This essentially means that the middle position is not assignable without editing the lua?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

If you use the TMWH, then it's already functioning out of the box. If you use another controller, it works as a toggle. So, from the "up" position, one toggle "down" and it's in MVR. Another one down and its in "down". And reverse, ofcourse.

Well, that's incredibly annoying, if you want to map a three way toggle switch :D

Hello,

It depend the I/O device you use. If use a Pokeys and you can assign 'triggered input" so you can assign a mapping when the key (switch) goes up and when the key goes down.

I already have an actual DX button I want to assign Flaps MVR to.

Problem is, that natively DCS World is completely missing this command in the UI key config.

No big deal, I'll continue using my Warthog as normal.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, that's incredibly annoying, if you want to map a three way toggle switch :D

That's so true.

So if you use the TMWH Throttle and Stick with the TARGET Software, that combines the two controllers into one Virtual Controller, the native support doesn't work nor can you map it manually.

Yes. That's incredibly annoying.

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

What you do is go to the input lua for the combined controller and copy the lines from the TMWH-Throttle so you can bind it.

Or since you're writing script anyway just make arriving and releasing into the end states pulse the go-up-a-step and go-down-a-step commands.

If you don't own a THWH or one that's on the list you can't map the middle position to anything. There is no entry in the key map.

It's annoying to have the same issue since the modules release and no acknowledgment of it's existence or attempt to rectify it.

To have to build a work around for simple oversights like this, is annoying.

I have my work around figured, but it really should be unnecessary.

Please fix the simple stuff.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS