Weather and ATC Update Status

jwflowersii

• 3 weeks later...

+1

Just wish I could do more local weather variation - Sunny in Sochi, snowing in Tblisi. The "theater wide" weather seems bland from someone who lives in an area with radical weather changes (two days ago it was snowing 15 minutes from my house, was clear skies over me.

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

You know that mission designers already could implement dynamic weather systems into their missions? There is always room for improvement especially on such a complex topic, but just clear blue skies and standard atmosphere? This is not, what ED already is delivering.

ATC is something different, imho.. :)

But one can already do alot of fun stuff with the existing weather tool in the mission editor!

You know that mission designers already could implement dynamic weather systems into their missions? There is always room for improvement especially on such a complex topic, but just clear blue skies and standard atmosphere? This is not, what ED already is delivering.

ATC is something different, imho.. :)

But one can already do alot of fun stuff with the existing weather tool in the mission editor!

I would prefer more cloud variability, different layers of clouds, changing weather over time with fronts, and gold standard real world weather.

YeaH, especially the ATC system is absolutly badly needed as the current ATC system is absolute garbage, especially compared to another modern jet combat flight sim that does that very well!

Just wish I could do more local weather variation - Sunny in Sochi, snowing in Tblisi. The "theater wide" weather seems bland from someone who lives in an area with radical weather changes (two days ago it was snowing 15 minutes from my house, was clear skies over me.

That's already possible with the dynamic weather feature, although it's pretty awkward to use.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I don't know, maybe I have lower expectations or maybe it's just the difference between our gaming rigs but I don't have any complaints with the looks or shape of the clouds in the game now. I just wish we could have more control over where they are in terms of altitude, such as in layers and in where they are over the map. As has been stated above by several posters, the ability of the mission builder to determine the weather all over the map would be awesome!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]