ok guys, what step am I missing? Track included.

LC34

Getting back into the A-10 which I was never very good at, playing a practice mission to drop some GBUs and CBUs on some easy to find targets.

Get lined up, got CCRP, TGP, etc. Lase the target, get the CCRP pipper on hud, get all the good hud messages i.e. rdy, man release, etc. Not having problems with the alignment or anything. Hold the weapons release button and...….nothing. Well until Im hit by a manpad but not worried about that, just curious what Im missing.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

I have a feeling its something Im doing with the lasing of the target. Am I supposed to hold the laser for a bit? Or just press and release the pinkie button?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Here are some very simple to the point video's I quickly found.

GBU 12

GBU 38

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I have a feeling its something Im doing with the lasing of the target. Am I supposed to hold the laser for a bit? Or just press and release the pinkie button?

Depends on whether or not you have the Laser set to "Latch" or not...

If Yes, then you only need to push the pinkie button once to turn it on and once to turn it off. If No, then you need to hold the pinkie button the entire time you want to lase (unless you set up your DSMS Profile to "Auto Lase" and set a duration)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Getting back into the A-10 which I was never very good at, playing a practice mission to drop some GBUs and CBUs on some easy to find targets.

Get lined up, got CCRP, TGP, etc. Lase the target, get the CCRP pipper on hud, get all the good hud messages i.e. rdy, man release, etc. Not having problems with the alignment or anything. Hold the weapons release button and...….nothing. Well until Im hit by a manpad but not worried about that, just curious what Im missing.

Looking at your track, you where using GBU-38. GBU-38 are GPS guided, commonly known as JDAM. In DCS you have to tell the JDAM what is your target by setting Sensor Point of Interest (SPI). You never did that. To set up a SPI, with the TGP and Sensor of Interest (SOI) once you find the target, press TMS forward short, this shout set the TGP to point track. After this, press the TMS switch forward for longer than a second (TMS long). The target box will have a tail. This will tell the bomb where to go. Once in range you will see "Man Rel" in the HUD, press the pickle button until weapons release when you see this.

This is a very generic instructions, please don't take this the wrong way, but the manual will explain this a lot better than I can without me writing several pages. If you prefer there are hundreds of not thousands of training videos online explaining this better than I could.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=DCS+A-10%2C+How+to+drop+GBU-38

One example

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..