Oculus Rift - the "world is tilt to the left" problem

TOViper

Hey folks,

I was thinking about posting this for a few days, and I was in doubt if I should.

Since many users own a Rift, and probably many of them have problems with a tilt to the left of the 3D world, I decided to post this here. I had very long conversations with Oculus support, and the weren't able to solve it. I did some research on many sites over the whole planet, and found some infos how to probably solve the problem.

And I did solve it.

If anyone of you bought the Rift for DCS (like I did) experiencing that the world is tilted to the left, it is not a DCS related problem, but a problem of the Rift.

This is what I wrote to the Oculus support a few days ago, after a successful re-calibration of my own Rift:

Hello!

Yesterday I managed to successfully run the IMU Temperature calibration tool, and I got it sorted out. .... I startet at 15°C room temperature, and maximum temperature was 43°C. This is probably not enough for usage during summer, but during the winter months I think it will be OK. ... Here is what I did, and what I suggest you to put into an "normal procedure" checklist for all Rift users with this problem.

1.) First day, evening:

. For the calibration process choose a room with a temperature of about 15°C to 20°C

. Un-plug the Rift from the computer

. Put the Rift back to its original box, the box on a stable desk

. Fix the Rift as intended using the two mount point in the box

. Use a soft towel to cover the Rift as good as possible

. Leave it in the room over night

2.) Second day, morning

. Put away all things that would eventually shake the desk (e.g. mobile phones, ...)

. Start the computer and stop all Oculus applications and services

. Plug in the Oculus in the USB3 port

. Start the IMU temperature calibration tool, check if the calibration is started, avoid any further vibrations (simply wait without moving, breathing is allowed)

. Wait 10 minutes until the calibration is complete

. Quit the IMU temperature calibration tool

. Start the Oculus services

. Test the Rift, hopefully having the 3D-world aligned

If you think your Rift is affected, and maybe solved it using this strategy, feel free to post your experience here.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Hey folks,

I was thinking about posting this for a few days, and I was in doubt if I should.

Since many users own a Rift, and probably many of them have problems with a tilt to the left of the 3D world, I decided to post this here. I had very long conversations with Oculus support, and the weren't able to solve it. I did some research on many sites over the whole planet, and found some infos how to probably solve the problem.

And I did solve it.

If anyone of you bought the Rift for DCS (like I did) experiencing that the world is tilted to the left, it is not a DCS related problem, but a problem of the Rift.

This is what I wrote to the Oculus support a few days ago, after a successful re-calibration of my own Rift:

If you think your Rift is affected, and maybe solved it using this strategy, feel free to post your experience here.

How did you get the calibration tool. I"ve been working with rift support for over a week and they'e yet to let me have it... They just keep having me jump through hoops and send them more data, videos of my issue etc... Basically just giving me the run around.... I'm basically just going to give up at this point, but if you have the imu tool I'd give it a shot

How did you get the calibration tool. I"ve been working with rift support for over a week and they'e yet to let me have it... They just keep having me jump through hoops and send them more data, videos of my issue etc... Basically just giving me the run around.... I'm basically just going to give up at this point, but if you have the imu tool I'd give it a shot

It is really hard to find it on the net, and I am not allowed to share due to software license agreements. Don't ask me where I got it from, since I don't know this anymore, but I suggest you to insist in receiving it from the support.

This is what I can tell you right now.

edit: if you - lets say - after 1 week have no solution, call me via PM. Maybe we can use my environment to calibrate your device ... :)

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

It is really hard to find it on the net, and I am not allowed to share due to software license agreements. Don't ask me where I got it from, since I don't know this anymore, but I suggest you to insist in receiving it from the support.

This is what I can tell you right now.

edit: if you - lets say - after 1 week have no solution, call me via PM. Maybe we can use my environment to calibrate your device ... :)

awesome thanks.... Not sure why they are so close hold on it...