Target Software Errors

HI All,

I have a nice new pair of HOTAS Warthog Joystick and throttles, and they are lovely... however Target is driving me bat$#it crazy.

It does not seem to want to load any scripts I get this or very similar message:

y4m710cOeoMBRN1x0JOIbTiBd0e07-0d4gJAXoiYlJm269790t1oh1ButuMLeToLndIC0R64VDj6hFbC7wFdI_OdQ-7rBVrZVinTgQqr4CLaOvDRqszB_0-4a0cUyYj-StNyb5d-mrQ1M5XsxuRAqp8CXzbSixFEV1UrqaCp3pJpnQdu9BXVZJQDCe0q1tDkan5?width=600&height=458&cropmode=none

any help please?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

2 things come to my mind:

Try different USB ports, direct motherboard USB20 is preferred.

Deinstall all your TM apps, clean the folders, also dont forget C:\users\yourname\appdata\roaming\thrustmaster

Third would be to reinstall your chipsetdriver like this:

Open elevated Command Prompt as admin and install the Intel chipset driver with the -overall switch.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Franky the only thing I would use target for is if you want to fly old sims with outdated controller support imo.

In DCS you can just use the "modifier" function in game to get multiple functions out of every button on the stick or throttle.

Just my 2 cents..might save you some headache. Also might help to ensure the TM Warthog firmware is the latest version.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

I did not think you could assign another device button as a control modified, I will have a look at that when I get back to my Pc, thanks both for your responses

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Do the new controllers show and calibrate in Windows? i.e are your usb ports active outside the game? Try plugging in a mouse. Do you have the full setup with MFDs and rudder or just the HOTAS?

Are your USB drivers up to date? Are you running through a USB hub? thrustmaster drivers? After you get the script running is should show as Thrustmaster Combined

I wouldn't jump to the registry edit without doing some basic troubleshooting and updating drivers first. Good luck!

Capture.thumb.PNG.08a2bbaa4a1a2788ae1014c6ee4e5ffc.PNG

Capture1.thumb.PNG.738e4455ac596f7b46bcb1af833416cc.PNG

Capture2.thumb.PNG.7cf2d68e3a0bc24837eb84fbf1cee45b.PNG

The Regedit worked!

p.s. I did try the other things as well ;)

Edited by speed-of-heat

• 1 month later...

the reddit user has deleted their account; but I made a copy of the post as it was so helpful and slightly obscure:

I had to dig deep into the webs to find this. The solution fixes the following error which I had from initial run of the T.A.R.G.E.T software. You must make sure to run-as administrator.

Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0404"

Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0402"

Credit to /u/Commander_R79 for the original solution. His website was down had to grab the info from the internet archive.

open regedit (Windows + R, write "regedit" and run it) go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB{Your Device ID here} you can retrieve your ven id/dev id through TARGET by trying to load a script if you have multiple joysticks, they are listed by their virtual ID (I guess) here. Do the following step for both of them. go to Device Parameters now set everything that is "1" to "0" restart

From <https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:B5jg5TMxnFYJ:https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/5it8q2/solution_to_thrustmaster_target_software/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk>

• Thanks 2

For me I always have to unplug and replug the devices then it will successfully shuffle the virtual/real devices and run the script.

The keys which have 1s for me are: AllowIdleIrplnD3, DeviceResetNotificationEnabled, DeviceSelectiveSuspended, WireREportExSupported

My 0402 (joystick?) has 6 entries and 0404 has 2 entries. That must be from moving it around. From the names of the keys, yeah that could be the problem. I'll see how it works out.

There are plenty of applications that will clean your registry of old USB controller info. Any of them will do the job. Always using the same port for your Joystick/Throttle will also eliminate most of these issues.

Btw, there are many things that you can do with Target that cannot be done within DCS. The TEMPO command comes to mind as the first of these.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Poke this up a bit, i'm dealing with the same thing with one difference: i do not have a runtime error and the script runs.

FKqd3re.png

Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0404"

Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0402"

Little history:

- Uninstalled drivers and software for the Cougar.

- Shutdown PC

- Unplugged my 17 year old Cougar

- Plugged the Warthog Stick & Throttle

- Rebooted

- Installed drivers and software

- Rebooted (asked by the software).

- Ran a little script through the script editor, came up with the error above.

- Moved over to the GUI, added 2 joystick button events and ran the script: same error... as said above, my script keeps running...

Things to know:

- Latest firmware for both throttle and stick.

- Stick and Throttle show up DCS.

- Assigning a DX button or an Axis in DCS works just fine.

- Running a script (either through the script editor or the GUI) does nothing. - In the Event Tester nothing shows when i press those programmed buttons.

- In The GUI my Stick and Throttle show up, show that they are connected and i can ask for the SN numbers:

JBpCdRW.png

- In the Device Analyser only my CH pedals show up, no Stick or Throttle (this bugs me the most).

DYZbE76.png

- Although they work in DCS (as DX) and show up in the GUI as 2 controllers connected through USB, they don't show up in the Device managers USB section (the Cougar did show up in the USB section).

- When a script runs, there's a new entry showing up the device manager called Thrustmaster Devices

MbQyJYl.png

nBUvb64.png

If i open these up and go into Properties and try the controllers, they show all buttons and axis working.

Tired a bit everything i could find including the RegEdit, no joy.

For the moment i'm clueless...:cry:

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Solved (although not 100%).

The Target software needs to be installed "before" plugging in the devices.

A register hack is then not needed.

Runs the scripts fine with no more filter error.

Under game controllers there's only the Thrustmaster Combined DX128 to be seen. Both single Stick and Throttle are now gone. Think this is OK.

However, in the Device Analyser still only the CH pedals show up, no sign of the Stick and Throttle.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Solved (although not 100%).

The Target software needs to be installed "before" plugging in the devices.

A register hack is then not needed.

Runs the scripts fine with no more filter error.

Under game controllers there's only the Thrustmaster Combined DX128 to be seen. Both single Stick and Throttle are now gone. Think this is OK.

However, in the Device Analyser still only the CH pedals show up, no sign of the Stick and Throttle.

by default it disables the physical devices you combine as you didn't combine your pedals, so they weren't removed; if you want them back (for some reason)

//Turn off automatic Joystick and Throttle disabling

Configure(&Throttle, MODE_KEEPENABLED);

Configure(&Joystick, MODE_KEEPENABLED);

I added those lines to my .tmc file (i fist thought they needed to be in the target.tmh but that creates an error on compiling so i put them in my .tmc file) but they still don't show up in the Device Analyser.

• 1 year later...

You might after another resolution.

Device Manager → USB Device → Game Controller Please insert and remove and check the applicable one.

Right click → Uninstall device. In some cases, plugging and unplugging the USB again.

I was cured by this.

Sorry for the poor English

• 9 months later...

I have the same issue, only in my case the HID device is 403 and it is missing from the registry. I can only find 401 and 402.

I tried everything including reinstalling TARGET without any other target device connected and it simply doesn't work.

It is a fresh windows installation prior my format it was working perfectly fine.

Can someone help? Thrustmaster support is dead.

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

This is the issue that I had:

Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"
Physical USB HID devices managed by script!
Currently plugged USB HID devices[1]:
1: "T.16000M" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B10A&REV_0500"
Installing filter driver to VID_044F&PID_B10A. Please Wait...Script stopped!
Done!
Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_B10A"

Runtime Error: STOP request received while running main on line 21 in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Scripts\123.tmc"
Error: Script run timed out!

What I did to remedy this.

1. Unplug joystick and uninstall Drivers, then TARGET

2 Deleted all Thrustmaster folders in >Program Files, Program files x86, and Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming

3 Went to Device Manager>View> show hidden devices

4 (make sure at this point al your regular USB devices such as phones, printers and headphones are connected to USB) DO NOT CONNECT your Thrustmaster device

5 Right clicked and uninstalled all greyed out  Universal Serial Bus controllers, Human Interface Devices. ( for a good measure look through other categories to make sure there isn't a greyed out Thrustmaster device somewhere there)

6 Restarted the PC

7 Plugged in my joystick and let Windows install drivers. I did not install drivers from thrustmeter support downloads. What that changed is that now my joystick is displayed as a Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller (root) : Status OK. instead of T.16000m FCS : Status OK.  

8 Installed TARGET and bound some bottoms to act as F keys. Issue solved, works fine in game as intended. 

As a side note as I was assigning the F keys to the Thrustmaster buttons I left all the layers ( I, O, U, M, D) in default state unlike advised in YouTube tutorials.

Hope this helps.

• 4 months later...
On 12/30/2018 at 8:53 AM, speed-of-heat said:

the reddit user has deleted their account; but I made a copy of the post as it was so helpful and slightly obscure:

I had to dig deep into the webs to find this. The solution fixes the following error which I had from initial run of the T.A.R.G.E.T software. You must make sure to run-as administrator.

Credit to /u/Commander_R79 for the original solution. His website was down had to grab the info from the internet archive.

open regedit (Windows + R, write "regedit" and run it) go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB{Your Device ID here} you can retrieve your ven id/dev id through TARGET by trying to load a script if you have multiple joysticks, they are listed by their virtual ID (I guess) here. Do the following step for both of them. go to Device Parameters now set everything that is "1" to "0" restart

From <https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:B5jg5TMxnFYJ:https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/5it8q2/solution_to_thrustmaster_target_software/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk>

Im using TARGET from years, I dont know what heppend yesterday but I started to recive those errors too and cant use TARGET scripts now 😞 (filters errors). On Windows controller everything looks ok and axis and buttons work. Very strange. TARGET loads the script very long and at the final errors, changing USB the same, reinstallation Target, drivers the same. I’ll try it.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I was able to use the registry edit hack in order to get TARGET scripts to run. However I have a new bug with it. Although the script runs successfully and the virtual device is created, the original devices also reappear after the script is run. So when giving a button input, it’s being input from both the joystick/throttle AND the virtual device that is created. 

I have tried driver re-install, TARGET reinstall, different USB ports (which required the regedit hack again), all to no avail. Any ideas?

Make a new user account, load Target and the profile from there and see if the problem also recreates itself in a the new "AppData" folder structure.

If it doesn't, you'll know what to wipe.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

On 10/30/2023 at 3:13 AM, patpatpowercat said:

I was able to use the registry edit hack in order to get TARGET scripts to run. However I have a new bug with it. Although the script runs successfully and the virtual device is created, the original devices also reappear after the script is run. So when giving a button input, it’s being input from both the joystick/throttle AND the virtual device that is created. 

I have tried driver re-install, TARGET reinstall, different USB ports (which required the regedit hack again), all to no avail. Any ideas?

Tomorrow I will write more about how I solved my problem, overall it worked.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Likely the device is faulty then !??

2 hours ago, patpatpowercat said:

I tried new user accounts, and even a new full reformat. No change. 

Firstly I did it (I actually found my names of joysticks):

Secondly this (I removed all gray items from USB and HIDs positions) + clean install

I noticed that everything actually cleaned up nicely and there was no conflict with my previous installations.

I removed also Logitech G hub software and MSI Center (new version of MSI Dragon)

Finally, I installed all drivers and TARGET (as described in 2ed point)

Now TARGET works again, no issues with scripts, everything is fine again.

Btw. I wrote also ticket to support of TH, I recived the answer 3 days later but I solved my problem before this answer :thumbup:.

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

On 11/1/2023 at 2:46 PM, YoYo said:

Firstly I did it (I actually found my names of joysticks):

Secondly this (I removed all gray items from USB and HIDs positions) + clean install

I noticed that everything actually cleaned up nicely and there was no conflict with my previous installations.

I removed also Logitech G hub software and MSI Center (new version of MSI Dragon)

Finally, I installed all drivers and TARGET (as described in 2ed point)

Now TARGET works again, no issues with scripts, everything is fine again.

Btw. I wrote also ticket to support of TH, I recived the answer 3 days later but I solved my problem before this answer :thumbup:.

Yeah I saw those posts too and tried that as well. Never had G hub or anything on my computer. TH support just said Win 11 wasn't supported and was no help. All good, joystick gremlin took some time to get setup, but it works for me and now I don't have to deal with the clunkiness of TARGET either.

Thanks for all your help though!