How is the performance

I have a modest rig that runs 2.5 okay. It wasn't great with the Persian Gulf map. It was a bit hard on my FPS. But I have not flown in 6 or 7 months now. I just ordered a new HOTAS and was wondering if updates have helped with 2.5's performance and if they've optimized things a little to boost it a bit.

I have nearly all of the modules and have been flying DCS for many years. With Nvidia and the other hardware companies jacking their prices out of control, I would hate to have to Stop flying and waste all that I have invested in DCS due to hardware inferiority.

I was hoping that ED were working on streamlining things a bit so that those of us with older rigs can enjoy flying for a bit longer.

You need to be at 4.5ghz with an SSD drive and a 1080, you can play with a low frame rate otherwise, performance requirements have increased allot I’m afraid, although it looks beautiful and if you have a nice rig it is just an amazing flight sim experience.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Unfortunately, I as well as others here have been experiencing worse performance over the last few 2.5 updates. I run DCS at 2560x1440p and with a 1080 Ti, 4.6GHz CPU, 16GB RAM, and SSD, I cannot run at max settings and stay above 60 FPS. There are also ongoing issues with stutters as well in which the source of has yet to really be found. Supposedly ED is working to incorporate Vulkan API which hopes to bring performance improvements but not much has been mentioned about it lately.

Edited by =BJM=

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Unfortunately, I as well as others here have been experiencing worse performance over the last few 2.5 updates. I run DCS at 2560x1440p and with a 1080 Ti, 4.6GHz CPU, 16GB RAM, and SSD, I cannot run at max settings and stay above 60 FPS. There are also ongoing issues with stutters as well in which the source of has yet to really be found. Supposedly ED is working to incorporate Vulkan API which hopes to bring performance improvements but not much has been mentioned about it lately.

While I feel for those with decent rigs having issues, I guess I am one of the lucky ones that does not experience performance issues. I only run the OB and always stay up to date. I run everything with Max settings and have been all along. Do not see stutters/performance issues others speak of.

This rig is approacing 5 years of age with the only upgrade being the 1080TI and the Rift

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

While I feel for those with decent rigs having issues, I guess I am one of the lucky ones that does not experience performance issues. I only run the OB and always stay up to date. I run everything with Max settings and have been all along. Do not see stutters/performance issues others speak of.

This rig is approacing 5 years of age with the only upgrade being the 1080TI and the Rift

Do you truly have everything at max settings and if so, what does your FPS look like?

Here are my current settings:

attachment.php?attachmentid=197785&d=1542138538

With these settings, my FPS can get down into the 60's at times. If I use the "High" Preset option, my FPS will get into the 50's.

As for stutters, do you not even get stutters from weapon hits/effects?

Edited by =BJM=

My system is modest , and i cannot break vsync SP in the Caucasus with very high levels of eye candy-even when i had a 1060 in it .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

As I've already said elsewhere DCS has run very, very well for me after the last couple of OB patches. And this on a 2012 topline computer!

What are your PC specs and in-game settings? What FPS are you seeing?

The more information that you provide, the better the rest of us will be able to troubleshoot our issues to maybe see if it something on our end that is causing issues.