AGM-65G IRMV fails to uncage, with TPOD.

DmitriKozlowsky

AGM-65G IRMV fails to uncage, with TPOD.

I am unable to uncage AGM-65G with TPOD present.

AGM-65G is aligned

TPOD present. Laser in Marker mode.

Target point designated.

IRMV station is selected , Master Mode is AG, arming options set to AGM IN 1

UNCAGE fails to present IRMV seeker view. Even if TPOD is in STBY mode. IRMV continues to stay in STBY, regardless of length of time since station selection.

Its like two bummers man. In one!

Bummer that I am not the only one. I feel sorry for you.

Bummer that I am not the only one. I feel for everyone, especially RAZBAM who have to fix it.

Near short term goal:

Figure out how DCS and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, are similar, and serve similar market demographic. Any assistance would be uncredited to you, after all there can be only one! But is appreciated.

AGM 65 G isn't suppose to work with the t-pod, its a IR missile, not laser guided. i have this problem also, my solution is: when using AGM65G i simply turn off the T-pod and use the DMT for targeting, if i have any problem then with caging or uncaging the Mav ill start the A/G process all over.

Surely this isnt as designed, right? It would make sense to use the TPOD to fine tune and use the zoom to get right in to the target area from along ways away... right? Or am I just too spoiled with the A10C?

(I also have this issue, bought the Harrier on sale and am trying to learn it. Ive never been able to uncage the mavericks, but I always equip the TPOD.)

TJ

I am using IR mav with tpod all the time. Acquire target 30 nm out. Around 10-12 nm, uncage ir mav. Sensor selector to ir mav. This brings the ir mav seeker to tpod target. Around 7.5 nm, tdc action btn will lock target. Works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am using IR mav with tpod all the time. Acquire target 30 nm out. Around 10-12 nm, uncage ir mav. Sensor selector to ir mav. This brings the ir mav seeker to tpod target. Around 7.5 nm, tdc action btn will lock target. Works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Proper function , when TPOD is on, is that when UNCAGED, IRMV seeker is slaved to TPOD seeker. When TPOD is OFF or in STBY and TDC OFF, UNCAGED IRMV seeker is active and slaved to DMT. SENSOR FWD makes IRMV sensor the TDC sensor of interest. It is a bit complex during flight and even more so in combat.

Can you guys describe your procedures to use the use the maverick with the TPOD.

I slew the tpod to the target, then press tdc down, then go to uncage the seeker but uncage does not work.

I have confirmed that if I don’t equip the tpod, this procedure works, so what am I doing wrong to uncage the seeker when tpod is equipped?

Appreciate the guidance.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slew to target in TPOD, uncage Maverick, sensor select forward to set to IRMV mode, spam TDC action to lock, fire. Tried it last night and it worked fine.

Edit actually there is one thing I found. Mav only seems to uncage if the LMFD is on stores page.

Edited by DoctorStrop

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

Slew to target in TPOD, uncage Maverick, sensor select forward to set to IRMV mode, spam TDC down to lock, fire. Tried it last night and it worked fine.

Appreciate it. That is definitely not working from a cold start. I’ve been reading quite a few bug reports here that indicate different behavior from a hot start vs a cold start, I wonder if it’s related.

Or- if there is a step after “slew target in tpod” that you are doing but not stating. When I uncage after slewing, the maverick screen doesn’t display.

TJ

Appreciate it. That is definitely not working from a cold start. I’ve been reading quite a few bug reports here that indicate different behavior from a hot start vs a cold start, I wonder if it’s related.

Or- if there is a step after “slew target in tpod” that you are doing but not stating. When I uncage after slewing, the maverick screen doesn’t display.

TJ

See the dit on my last post... actually there is one thing I found. Mav only seems to uncage if the LMFD is on stores page.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

TJ

It's your stores page on the left side? If not, it will not work

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

See the dit on my last post... actually there is one thing I found. Mav only seems to uncage if the LMFD is on stores page.

I missed the edit. Thanks for that, I’ll give it a whirl. I typically have tpod on lmfd, so I’m positive I’ve never had stores page on any mfd while in the AO.

This is a bug, right? Surely the procedure would not be to have a stores page up and active. Does Razbam know about it? I’ve read about a “bug report” list, but the sticky in this forum hasn’t been updated in a year, and was apparently before the tpod was released.

It's your stores page on the left side? If not, it will not work

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thank you!

TJ

This is a bug, right?

Same is true for RL aircraft. Maverick only works on Left MPCD.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Same is true for RL aircraft. Maverick only works on Left MPCD.

Ahhh!

So it’s not that the stores page has to be up, it’s that tpod can’t be on the left mpcd? Tpod (and dmt) have to be on right mpcd to fire Mavericks.

Dang- you’d think that would have been covered in chucks guide or anyone of the YouTube videos I’ve watched to try and figure out what I was doing wrong.

Many thank yous!

TJ

Happened to me again tongiht. Stores page on left side. NO TP. It says IRMV in hud and selected on stores page. Target on right MPCD in TV mode using dmt. No option to sensor up to mav. No option to uncage mav.

Happening in MP for me. Maybe its a rearm thing. Ill check it tomorrow

Slew to target DMT or TPOD

Left MFD to Stores

Press Uncage Mav

Press Sensor select forward

Press FOV on Left MFD (if you prefer)

Periodically press TMS action to lock Mav on

Example

My youtube channel

Slew to target DMT or TPOD

Left MFD to Stores

Press Uncage Mav

Press Sensor select forward

Press FOV on Left MFD (if you prefer)

Periodically press TMS action to lock Mav on

Example

Yes, This is a bug forum not a how to do it forum.

Using your above procedure, 65G will fail to uncage sometimes.

As it was said before in other threads, IR mavs are very WIP, from now they only work as intended if they are armed in the mission editor.

If you reload mavs or change the missiles on the tarmac they will not work.

So use the payload from the editor and wait for further development.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

As it was said before in other threads, IR mavs are very WIP, from now they only work as intended if they are armed in the mission editor.

If you reload mavs or change the missiles on the tarmac they will not work.

So use the payload from the editor and wait for further development.

The plane is a WIP. That is why its posted in bugs section. Its a bug. We are here pointing them out as we find them. We all know we purchased another module in aplpha/beta or whatever you want to call it. We are just here trying to help.

Was it once pointed out anywhere in this thread that mavs will not uncage if ream using single stores? Alot of us play MP with the AV8. This might help others.

The plane is a WIP. That is why its posted in bugs section. Its a bug. We are here pointing them out as we find them. We all know we purchased another module in aplpha/beta or whatever you want to call it. We are just here trying to help.

Was it once pointed out anywhere in this thread that mavs will not uncage if ream using single stores? Alot of us play MP with the AV8. This might help others.

It was significantly helpful for me! Thanks for helping out!

TJ

Rearming AGM-65G's used to work in MP, main issue was the IRMV status was wrongly displayed on the stores page as RDY "Ready" after a reload, when the new loadout still needed it's 3 minute cool down.

IIRC deselecting the IRMV on the stores page reset it's status, so when selected again, "stand by" STBY showed and the 3 minute cooling cycle started. IRMV status would then switch to RDY, 3 minutes later and IRMV's could be uncaged, etc.

I haven't tested Open Beta 2.5.3.24436 though.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Unfortunately, after five hours of going through checklists, following YouTube videos and even praying to some sort of winged god, I can't even get them to launch.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon, besides the VTOL platform, the Maverick armament is by far one of the best air to ground missiles in the world today.

Sad that we can't use it fully in this lethal airship. Guess I'll go back to the Hornet until they can figure this out.