AGM-65G IRMV fails to uncage, with TPOD.

DmitriKozlowsky

Unfortunately, after five hours of going through checklists, following YouTube videos and even praying to some sort of winged god, I can't even get them to launch.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon, besides the VTOL platform, the Maverick armament is by far one of the best air to ground missiles in the world today.

Sad that we can't use it fully in this lethal airship. Guess I'll go back to the Hornet until they can figure this out.

Haha, The mavericks in the hornet are WAY worse.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Unfortunately, after five hours of going through checklists, following YouTube videos and even praying to some sort of winged god, I can't even get them to launch.

A track file would help us, help you ?

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

As it was said before in other threads, IR mavs are very WIP, from now they only work as intended if they are armed in the mission editor.

If you reload mavs or change the missiles on the tarmac they will not work.

So use the payload from the editor and wait for further development.

That's a Hornet issue. The Mavericks on the Harrier work fine. My guess is he's probably trying to use the right MCPD to view the seeker head.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Right, i missread the thread head thinking about the Hornet.

Im sure is the right MPCD also.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I think I found what is causing it. If you select a saved loadout, it seem to work fine. If you select stores indivutally from rearm screen, The mavs then will not uncage. I posted a track. At the end I am trying to uncage mav, but mav will not uncage.

I could not see your track. It said I needed WWII asset pack.

I do not see what you see. I tried every combination I can think of online and single player. I tried your way and could not duplicate the problem. AGM-65 G uncage without issue on Left MPCD on version 2.5.3.24436.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I think I found what is causing it. If you select a saved loadout, it seem to work fine. If you select stores indivutally from rearm screen, The mavs then will not uncage. I posted a track. At the end I am trying to uncage mav, but mav will not uncage.

I took control of your Jet and was able to fire the Mavs just fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Often the following works for me. Regardless of its day or night. Place DMT into NITE mode and LST mode. The problem often, but not always, goes away. If you are carrying TPOD, DMT is not neccessary, as TPOD can self designate in LASER mode, and can see JTAC or buddy laser marker in MRKR mode.

Just in case;

Verify that Master Arm is ON. Weapons options is in AGM and fuze is in any mode other then SAFE. IN is Impact Nose. DL DL2 are Delay Detonation fuze for anti-ship, and anti-bunker/hard target.

After selecting IRMAV, press CAGE/UNCAGE once. Then SENSOR FORWARD to set IRMAV the Sensor Of Interest and give it a TDC control. -65G IRMAV does not need designation, just move it over a target to a point of of high contrast and should auto-lock with a closed cross that blinking at high rate. Now you can release the weapon. Not the most elegant procedure. A-10C AGM-65G is more elegant and faster on quickdraw.

Maverick E or G are definitely thinking man's or woman's weapons. They do require pre-planning, and practicing of immediate drill for release FAIl, or Tgt Of Opportunity .

My SOP for IRMAV engagement when TPOD is present

DMT is in LST and NITE mode

Master Arm ON

IRMAV station selected

IRMAV weapon options are; AGM FUZE: IN or DL or DL2

UNCAGE to bring up IRMAV seeker on port (left) MFCD

SENSOR FWD to make IRMAV the SOI , which makes IRMAV seeker the TDC.

Move the seeker over high contrast point or hottest point on desired target. When cross becomes closed and fast blinking fire weapon. Hold down WEAPON FIRE/RELEASE untill missile is off the rail.

After release, break away from target, unless firing subsequent IRMAV, countermeasures as needed.

If weapon release fails;

Break from tgt. Dump countermeasures as needed. Watch for threats

Cycle Master Arm OFF then ON.

Cycle Master Mode to NAV then back to AG

Cycle IRMAV station selection. Select rocket station then re-select IRMAV station

Cycle Weapon option to AGM

Cycle FUZE option to SAFE then to IN or DL or DL2 as desired.

Always remember combat priority!

#1: Fly the aircraft.

#2: Navigate the aircraft.

#3: Defend the aircraft. Countermeasures, watch for SAMS, AAA, and enemy air threats. Maintain situational awareness.

#4: Offensively fight the aircraft. Engage targets, utilize weapons.

You cannot do #4 unless #1-3 are done first. It may sound selfish and ratholish^*, but if you CFIT , or are lost, or shot down/battle damage, or lost SA, you cannot do #4.

FLY-NAVIGATE-DEFEND-FIGHT. In that order.

*- Ratholing; Actions taken by individual combatant to keep himself/herself safer and at lower risk from enemy, at expense of friendly forces. It is not a crime, it is not cowardice, but it is a grey area. Taken from historical observation that in an dire emergency, danger, rats find safe holes to hide in, and are first to seek escape from danger.

You have to practice, practice, practice.