Thrustmaster TPR Peddals Mounting Idea

For those who get it and you have carpet, the best way to keep it from moving is to purchase, "Dayton Audio" Speaker Spike Set. Just screw them in the mounting holes on the TPR and they'll stay put! In fact, they probably will work on any peddles. You'll have to put the included nuts on backwards...????

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

If I owned these, I would fix them to a large board, that's extended back to the wall skirting for bracing.

Like this pic, just leave the board longer and cut it off to suit the distance.

Thrustmaster-TPR-Rudders-E3-2018-6.jpg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Kind of like this (similar idea). One hour of work, and some scrap wood.

rIG5Cyt.jpg

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

So is it because their connected at the top and they are then top heavy?

I was hoping to get these, but I have wood floors, so no spikes. And I have a triple-screen with a Volair Sim pit, so it's not feasible to push a board up against a wall..

Are people complaining about this problem of sliding/moving?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

So is it because their connected at the top and they are then top heavy?

I was hoping to get these, but I have wood floors, so no spikes. And I have a triple-screen with a Volair Sim pit, so it's not feasible to push a board up against a wall..

Are people complaining about this problem of sliding/moving?

You're going to have to mount them on something, or provide a brace from the wall or they will slide like any peddles would. There are many creative things one can do. This was my very simple, quick and effective way on a carpet...One nice feature of my solution is they are infinitely adjustable...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I drilled holes in the steel plate for pedal mounts in my Obutto to mount my crosswinds.

Was stupidly simple to do, and thin enough that there was no worry about damaging any drill bits or even using oil or water. Literally took less than a minute and I used a spring loaded auto-punch to get the leverage. The corded drill and bits maybe cost $30 total so you don't need anything fancy. Eye protection to be safe.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Carpet spikes totally work if you're pedals are on carpet, for those that haven't seen them they are very aggressive, these things are meant to stabilize tower speakers that can be very tall and tipsy. They'll go right through the carpet, pad, and into the wood if you get the good ones. The man speaks the truth, if you're on carpet you will not be able to push your pedals away with spikes in.

• 1 year later...
For those who get it and you have carpet, the best way to keep it from moving is to purchase, "Dayton Audio" Speaker Spike Set. Just screw them in the mounting holes on the TPR and they'll stay put! In fact, they probably will work on any peddles. You'll have to put the included nuts on backwards...????

What model spike did you use? I saw several on Amazon and Im not sure which one is compatible.

Edit: I used spikes and these from amazon fit, I just added a bushing for better tightening. The only problem is it will damage the carpet over time. I have since cut some plywood and bolted to it. It is awesome now!

Edited by joca133
Updated