Metric System in HUD and gauges?

Wexler

Pikey: Thank you for the post. It was quite hard reading for me to be honest so I am not sure if I understand everything correctly.

I am totally looking forward for mig-23. As well for mig-19. Gonna buy them day 1.

I enjoy modules in single player as well. Its not very likely to have a decent flight with L39 for instance in public PvP server.

I agree with you on the opportunity of trying everything and probably one day I will decide to make a run for western aircrafts - i love the amount of training campaigns available for these.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

• 2 weeks later...

The answer no one gave:

Most likely, switching between unit systems is an option that'd be buried in an aircraft's flight computer or data cartridge.

If the real aircraft doesn't have the option, or hasn't been adapted to/from metric for use in another country, etc. ED probably won't do it.

That said, the issue could be ameliorated if DCS offered a proper way to switch the map units for distance while in flight, like someone already said.

As for the AWACS' calls, the Russian / red side AWACS uses metric for altitude and distance.

Maybe they could make it an option for Blue side to have metric calls. But general aviation in most of the world uses knots, feet and nautical miles, even in metric countries, including the military.

It'd have to be a personal option to have the calls in either metric or imperial, and it'd create a lot of confusion while trying to coordinate with other players (as it already does).