Comms menu keeps poppoing up independently

tom1502

Hi all,

I'm having issues with the comms menu popping up independently of any key presses. It's normally the Comm1 menu. I have the keybinding assigned to my HOTAS but it is not being pressed, and requires a multiple key press for it to happen (LSHFT+K). Pressing the default Comm menu button does not clear it. only F12. I am unable to bring up the Comm menu myself.

This is all in the Open Beta. I am using Voice Attack with Vaicom 2.5 running the latest versions of both. I've tested both with and without Voice Attack running and it doesn't appear to make any difference; the same thing still happens. It's stopping me from using the Comm 2 menu when I need to and it is preventing some key presses from working when I need them to.

I've checked all of the key bindings in the game and I can not find a conflict.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Tom

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Presumably its the same issue is mine. The menu comes on for 5 seconds then off 5 seconds repeatedly. Delete your export file in Scripts. DCS will build a new one when you reboot the game. Fixes it every time for me. Dunno why it is, but the export file seems to get corrupted or something with every other update or so. It's an easy to do workaround.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hi,

Unfortunately that didn't work. Can you just confirm the right Export file path? I'm sure I've deleted the right one, but now it really is flashing on and off every five seconds.

Thanks a lot,

Tom

• Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Oculus Rift S

Hi, It should be just DCS(version)/Scriots/Export.lua Mine is in the saved games folder.

If it still doesn’t work, you’ll probably have to try Hollywood on the Vaicom 2.5 Pro thread, he’ll sort you out

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

It would seem I deleted another one...whoops! Done the right one now and it would appear to have stopped the comms menu popping up! Thanks a lot,

Tom

• Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Oculus Rift S

• 1 year later...

Just had this happen, first time I have seen it after an update. Deleted the export.lua file and it fixed it, so thanks for this thread!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I’ve found that it seems to be linked to using Viacom with Voice Attack as it has happened to me again since. I’ve disabled the plugins and it’s stopped now.

• Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Oculus Rift S

• 10 months later...

Hello group....

I just want to say that this issue has occurred several times but could not figure out why or how to fix it. After deleting my export.lua per your instruction, it fixed the problem. So, thank you for the tip. However, it's now 2021 and the issue still occurs.  (....shruggs)

Elton Aguilar, aka "Echo1"

Vancouver, Washington, USA

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB, Asus ROG Swift 27" 165 Hx Gaming Monitor

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, TFRP Rudder

TrackIR v5, VoiceAttack w/ Viacom Pro

The popping comms menu occurs when you update or repair DCS with VAICOM running. Make sure to shut down VA+VAICOM, repair/update and then launch VA again.

• Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 8 months later...

For me this is not a solution. So after yesterdays DCS update I did something wrong probably and now I am having the same issue, which I can not resolve, even after trying all the tips I could find online.

In my PTT tab DCS's module is not appearing and inside DCS the comms menu keeps blinking every 5 or so seconds.

The following things I tried but did not solve the issue; 
1. DCS repair while VP and VA were closed.
2. Removed the export.lua from the scripts dir.
3. Adjusted the custom path in config tab, punched the set button and fixed the reg.
4. Pressed export on the Config tab and manually copied the files in the saved games folder.

When I remove the export.lua and restart VA, it right away creates a new export.lua file in the scripts folder. (edited)
I see that VP creates two different folders inside my saved games. /dcs.openbeta (with a bunch of files and folders) and /dcs with a mods and scripts folder as well. is this how it is supposed to be?
Have no clue how to solve this

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

Solved it. Was pointing the custom path in the config tab towards my saved games folder. I pointed it towards the install folder and now it works. Dum dum dum....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 1 year later...

Gday Flappie, have to mod my statement, if when I log onto a multi player server and I get the comms menu blinking on and off. I exit DCS delete the export.lua from the scripts dir and I'm all good. to answer your question tho, P-51 and Helos is where  I noticed it.

Cheers

• Thanks 1