New Helmet & JHMCS model for the F/A-18c

Falkaroth

• 5 months later...
Are you sure? lol

Actually, it is a pity to give up here. So I'll throw coal in the fire again. :wallbash:

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

• 5 months later...

Guys hey !! I do FEEL YOU ALL !!

WE NEED TO ED TO MAKE FREAKING NEW 3D Model for pilots adjust the helmet as it feels like a joke and copy-paste pilot from FA-18 to F-16C feels WRONG! not even strapping to ejection seat is different the strap locking mechanism is way different on hornet to F16 and flight gear is also different from Naval Pilot to USAF ground-based pilots, just see at my post differences and my latest work textures wise and pilots flight suit and even patches and some F16 textures like landing gear updates along with canopy and pilots helmet glass!

ED must just must bring this up as atm is ugly and feels not on pair with aircraft 3D models and textures! Pilots are way way off the line!

All new stuff coming up and this 3D model of the pilot is just trash Sorry ED but that's real!

just Look at it yourselves lol

I spend 80$ on F18 and the same on F16 and I'm happy the most things with as I know work in progress (WIP) but the pilots are way off.

My link to my topic - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263930

GIVE US!

Obvious F-16 C/D/A and B (MLU ver.)

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.:joystick:

• 4 weeks later...
Have you posted this in the Bug Reports section? It would probably get more traction over there.

I requested. Nothing has happened. Sad:thumbup:.

Edited by Falkaroth

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

I also think so that very few want to see such an elephant mask. The whole thing just looks stupid..

It can only get better with this technology. That would be awesome!, fingers crossed.:v:

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4261478&postcount=1

Will you include a salute animation for the Hornet pilot?

Yes, we are currently updating the pilot models for the Hornet and the Viper, and we plan to include some animations. This will come after the initial Early Access release.

How cool is that?. I'm curious :beer:

Edited by Falkaroth

attachment.php?attachmentid=232529&stc=1&d=1586878178

:beer:

836298419_WethankyouED.jpg.afa639cbbe9dbeab6a33b565aaedd8b1.jpg

Edited by Falkaroth

• 1 month later...

Hi

Have you noticed that something has changed on the helmet?. I noticed a couple of things! Unfortunately, I do not have the time to comment in detail.:(

I have to keep it short.

Well .. Visor, Clamps, Helmet:thumbup:.

What looks untouched is the JHMCS module:(. It still looks very flat (side view).

In addition, such a black thing on top of the helmet is missing.

The cable at the back of the neck is also missing. The visor has become much rounder in the front view, which I really like. The brackets for locking the visor are also there. I believe that even the helmet has been changed!. However, I'm not sure since I've only seen ED's SC video on Youtube so far. When I saw the salute in the Hornet in the video I had to celebrate it. The head wobbles and off it goes:pilotfly:.

Hope the Google Translator translates this understandably. I have to quit. Thanks:yes:

• 2 weeks later...

I uploaded a picture which illustrates what the Jhmcs & helmet should look like !. I'm actually quite happy with the helmet. I wonder what the others say about it. I know that life is not a wish concert.. But this thread should serve to improve the product.

attachment.php?attachmentid=238786&stc=1&d=1591446107

I believe that if (ED) can design the Jhmcs module as shown in the picture, you are on the right track.

Greetings Falk

863178120_jhmcsfinal.thumb.jpg.191b60d5ef25e41039841c08c5460fba.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I uploaded a picture which illustrates what the Jhmcs & helmet should look like !. I'm actually quite happy with the helmet. I wonder what the others say about it. I know that life is not a wish concert.. But this thread should serve to improve the product.

attachment.php?attachmentid=238786&stc=1&d=1591446107

I believe that if (ED) can design the Jhmcs module as shown in the picture, you are on the right track.

Greetings Falk

Who cares about this stuff....do you really notice a difference?

I would just like to have the sun filter when the visor is down...for situations where the sunlight hits the DDIs and those are not easily readable.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I would just like to have the sun filter when the visor is down...for situations where the sunlight hits the DDIs and those are not easily readable.

It's a wishlist item. Anyone can wish for whatever they want. And I think you'll find that a lot of people care about a correct 3D model.

Your request is also a good one and I agree with it ("JHMCS+Visor effect" at the same time and be able to raise the visor and lose both), but it's completely different from what the OP is talking about.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

You know, when DCS starts to simulate multicrew cockpits, deck crew and pilots walking over the flight deck, even carrier ready rooms it's not a bad idea to have accurate models.

• 1 month later...

Hi

It seems to me that you don't understand the subject. This has nothing to do with the readability of the DDI´s. This is all about the 3D model.

Greetings Falk

• 1 year later...

Zzz zzz zzz . after 4 Years. What have you done ?. As good as nothing... It doesn't matter, that's why we made the Mi24, the AH 64, the F-16c, etc. No problem no problem. How about getting the Hornet ready. 4 Years.

hlf

then this just becomes a matter for the bug section. I don't really care. 😃

The JHCMS and the SCORPION HELMETS are Custom made for each pilot. Each person has a different shaped head and hence the discrepancy in Helmet and images. The helmet Tom Cruise uses in Topgun 2 has a new visor that has an Auto-tint it can also be tinted from a dial on the Helmet. That is the next generation Helmet Visor on a Standard Helmet. His has no Helmet Display but soon all Pilot will have a Scorpion Helmet. Maybe Topgun 3 might have the new Helmets.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]