Amphibious assaults

DoctorStrop

Hi,

I am trying to make a support mission for the Harrier. I have placed various vehicles in the water and set their paths so they hit land at a certain time. The problem is that the vehicles just stop when they get close to the shore line. If I place them in the water really close to the shore they do ride on to the beach, but leaves no time for the flight to reach the combat area. I'd like to place them at a distance, so the fighting kicks off when the flight gets close to the combat area.

I have attached a MIZ file with just the landing craft at various points, with no enemies, can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?

Beach landing.miz

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

Doc,

Here are your amphibs holding for 15 minutes so your AI Harrier from the Tarawa can get overhead the airfield in 11 minutes from takeoff …

Check each vehicles path to see where the hold is placed on the route. They hold by stop condition with either a 10 or 15 minute delay. Some hold off shore, some head inland and hold. The speed of the vehicles in the water cannot be set to 30 Kts … they only move at 6 Kts and can then accelerate to 30-35 kts based on vehicle type.

Cheers,

Beach landing II.miz

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for this.

The Harrier is going to be one of two clients, I just use AI to get check timings, viewing in F10 view with accelerated time. The full mission I did has T-72's overlooking the beach, and the idea is that the Harriers have to take out the tanks, so the APC's can make it ashore and drop the troops. Either the tanks wipe out the holding units, or if I add M2A2s they clear up. I can have tried the same thing further round the coast and the amphibious units beach perfectly regardless of how far out to sea I place them, so I guess something in-game is blocking them in some way round the immediate coast of Gudauta.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel