"End Mission" Button

speed-of-heat

Argh, must remember to re-apply bug fix after every DCS update.

Just finished a 1.5hr mission after a repeat, no end mission.

Checked and recent patch 2.7.0.5659 had replaced with original version. 😞

It would be great for a dev to acknowledge this issue or better accept the fix since it's just moving a null reference check, which at worst can't hurt.

• ED Team

the team have reported this and are working on the issue. 

thanks

• Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So....my end mission button wont, you know end mission....hell of a thing to realized bugged out at the end of a 2 hour mission..... While I sit here waiting for steam to check the integrity of a 270gb game(I'm going to be here a while) I look at the price of the modules and think "wow. If I had paid full price for any of these modules. I would be livid instead of simply irritated. "..... 

LooL...I love such complaint posts

You did a full 270gb steam check because of a well known and documented bug in a BETA version...why?

Maybe you should change the topic title to: "The reason I never understand the difference between an official stable version and a beta version" 😂

• Like 1

forum.png

10 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

You did a full 270gb steam check because of a well known and documented bug in a BETA version...why?

Maybe you should change the topic title to: "The reason I never understand the difference between an official stable version and a beta version" 😂

Lol a well known and as far as I can tell old bug....you know it is the apologist like your self that make excuses for ed not fixing thier sim. is the reason they don't, you know fix thier sim and as to why I won't pay full price AND I steer as many as I can away from paying full price lol. The "beta " excuse is kind of weak since half the sims modules won't even show up in your game unless you are in open beta...kind of facilitating the need to be in open beta. Locking half the sim off behind the beta wall. Sooo yeah dude *sllloooooow clap* ya got me. 

Mate,calm down. I understand your frustration. We all run into this nasty bug with the recent beta. As for how ED handles it´s game versions,well this is maybe another thing to discuss.

Just check out the post from "BuzzLine" in this thread. He provides a fix for this bug. So you can finish your missions at least.

cheers & stay safe 😉

• Like 2

forum.png

2 hours ago, Semor76 said:

Mate,calm down. I understand your frustration. We all run into this nasty bug with the recent beta. As for how ED handles it´s game versions,well this is maybe another thing to discuss.

Just check out the post from "BuzzLine" in this thread. He provides a fix for this bug. So you can finish your missions at least.

cheers & stay safe 😉

Mate - good on you Semor76. Shows good character strength - to still come back, empathies and help / offer a solution for the person having a go at you. Kudo's! You may only have a handful of posts on this forum - but this forum needs more like you. Thanks!!!

I know we all get frustrated at bugs from time to time, and can have our bad days I guess. I know I can. Even so - ED's in a no win scenario. If they stop dev and go back and address all bugs - people scream out. Where's my completed FA18. Where's my features on the F16. Cloud's aren't finished, etc.  If they try a balance, they get attacked too. One of the best protocol's I try and put in place is if I'm frustrated and going to vent in a post - I type it in notepad and leave it there - go to bed and back the following day and decide if it still needs to be posted.  Amazing how often I'm embarrassed by what I've written and glad I didn't post it. 😉

FWIW - I'm not sure where the OP lives, but during the last discount period - one of the modules on Steam's discounted price cost more than the full module price direct from DCS World (that was the F14) - so depending what modules purchased, where you live and exchange rates - they may have actually spent more on the modules than they needed to due to "Steam Inflation".  I know in our neck of the woods - if I want to steer mates away from paying full price - first thing I'll tell them is to buy direct. 🙂  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Semor76 said:

Yeah but the problem is that this bug is just one in many many many many many bugs and incomplete items that seem to lag on for years sometimes. I'm not advocating for anyone here or saying that it's wrong or right but there are modules that I purchased.....actually pre purchased over 5 years ago that have long left beta that I have not gotten all of what I paid for because they're still not complete, or to the standard that they were presented to me by ED. So all of us can and do feel this guy's pain at some point even if he's just ranting about one, well known bug. But let us not forget that there is a long list of many items that have not been addressed for extended periods. At times it gets to me too. I also have not paid full price for anything here in years for similar reasons that the OP presented. I think that we all have gone through that frustration at one time or another. No biggie.....The guy's just blowing off steam.

• Like 1

To be fair, you did buy it in open beta, and it was advertised as such. Even more your choice is the fact you are on steam still. There are always consequences for choices, and open beta bugs is one of them. Did you really think they would be bug free? Thats a naive thought, if you ask me.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

5 hours ago, Semor76 said:

Are you telling me that the stable version really has the defects fixed? 

They just get the defects and fixes later. That's absolutely all.

Or do you see any popular servers on Stable? And if not, ask yourself why!
I really can't hear this: "but you're playing open beta" excuse anymore. It's tiring and has no merit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

9 minutes ago, deadpool said:

Are you telling me that the stable version really has the defects fixed? 

They just get the defects and fixes later. That's absolutely all.

Or do you see any popular servers on Stable? And if not, ask yourself why!
I really can't hear this: "but you're playing open beta" excuse anymore. It's tiring and has no merit.

I agree. And it will be very telling when they push 2.7 to stable without correcting the cloud jittering issue. What then? Well, we will be told that we should go back to 2.5 and wait it out. That’ll be something!

17 minutes ago, deadpool said:

It has no merit because Open Beta is not handled and used as a Beta software should be. Especially as a rolling update model one with almost fixed update periods. 

The Open Beta should be such that gets broken continually, new things tested and just be pushed as soon and as early as possible, even daily updates should be used.

It should be a testers branch, broken almost all the time, latest features for testing but nothing to really play. Open Beta shouldn't be even available for the third party server hosting. So only ED own servers for testers available. 

And then have the stable that should be carefully updated based open beta results and fixes that work.

The "you are playin open beta" has no merit because Stable has no reasons to exist when it is handled all the time as a ugly step child that is receiving everything only after the "prodigy", with all the flaws too. 

The Steam version (that the OP has) is even another case. Like why to use the Steam integrity check feature that is slow (but very accurate as it checks every individual file properly) when the DCS World one is available even there? Run the repair mode in that and it is faster (I don't really know how does DCS repair version work, but I have got better results as well back then with Steam, and as well in standalone by simply moving the module files away and let DCS download all again). 

Point is, that ED should really make the Open Beta for testers only. Public yes, but not the marketing source and the edition that majority will need to get to have access to new released modules and features that are marketed officially. Like every other game really has a stable as their primary version, that is where marketing happens. And then the beta versions and test releases are available but they are not marketed and promoted and suggested for anyone else than testers to use.

If it would be so, then the argument "but you are running beta version" would have far more merit.   

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I don't understand why the people who willingly subject themselves to this bug are adamant there is no other way to accomplish the task (advancing in a campaign). The easy solution is basically ignored, why?

I've been advancing through a campaign since 2.7 with zero issues, and I only know this bug exists because people are ranting on the forums that they can't play campaigns. What?

Edited by randomTOTEN
  • Like 1

• ED Team
8 hours ago, TheOtherSider said:

So....my end mission button wont, you know end mission....hell of a thing to realized bugged out at the end of a 2 hour mission..... While I sit here waiting for steam to check the integrity of a 270gb game(I'm going to be here a while) I look at the price of the modules and think "wow. If I had paid full price for any of these modules. I would be livid instead of simply irritated. "..... 

Threads merged.

Appreciate you are annoyed, but please make a bug report in the correct manner. 

As you can see this issue is reported, and is fixed internally for the next patch. 

thanks

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2