NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Waited for what seemed like forever for this A-4. Then the day finally came, and the A-4 was here. And, I don't know, it's beautiful. I haven't had much chance to fly it, but I did take it for a quick spin, though mostly just looked at it on the pad. Love it.

Sorry, no cool signature here.

Incredible work! Such a great choice for a module and just feels right in DCS.

You guys realize you just raised the bar for ED? SFM but still has most important functions clickable. THIS is what the FC3 craft should be! No more memorizing ridiculous key combos for basic tasks!!

S!

And that's a completely understandable position to have. Its by no means perfect, its a mod by people who had never made a mod before and only had two professionals in their area of work (coders).

One thing though, external lights do work. Flip the switch on the left side of the throttle and flip the switches on the far right side of the right console. There are bright and dim options for the nav lights, as well as a taxi light.

Couldn’t of said it better. These guys put their heart and soul

Into this project, and asked nothing from us.

I don't know why. I tried it and I wasn't impressed. No offense to the makers of it, I understand everyone that worked on it put alot of effort. I'm a big Skyhawk fan and I thought I could overlook this just being a mod, but I guess not.

Hopefully we will get an actual Skyhawk module someday.

No external lights on this thing is also ridiculous, can't do any flying with others online in bad weather or at night.

Your parents raised you wrong.

Edited by superostrich

To the community A-4 crew,

Wow.... what a brilliant effort guys. I'm sure Gos is looking down and beaming with pride for what the team has accomplished. Well done!

A couple of things...

1. Is there a way of programming in preset TACAN frequencies (if enabled)?

2. Attached are a couple of screenshots of the canopy texture artefacts as described previously by another user, for Alex to have a look at (running latest OB).

Many thanks and kind regards

Scotch

Screen_181119_100044.thumb.png.535386fb8b1f7b838563f603f03c0b1e.png

Screen_181119_100505.thumb.png.3461b27019c0c45444a549b4b8167a4f.png

Screen_181119_101140.thumb.png.08716cc7cc9a93e453293b1cc328bab3.png

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Just Create folders one named "mods" then inside it "aircrafts" in that given directory

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

To the community A-4 crew,

Wow.... what a brilliant effort guys. I'm sure Gos is looking down and beaming with pride for what the team has accomplished. Well done!

A couple of things...

1. Is there a way of programming in preset TACAN frequencies (if enabled)?

2. Attached are a couple of screenshots of the canopy texture artefacts as described previously by another user, for Alex to have a look at (running latest OB).

Many thanks and kind regards

Scotch

This is a Missing Texture Issue, Please attached DCS Logs, and if you can ModelViewer2 Logs.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

What a blast! Will install it this evening and have loads of fun with one of my favourite Aircraft :) Thank you guys. I really appreciate your work... Will be nice to pair this with the oncoming F-14 :D

In thrust we trust :thumbup:

Falls jemand Montags Abends Lust hat mit uns zusammen zu fliegen und Spass zu haben (Anfänger sind auch herzlich willkommen) kann gerne auf unserer Website: https://www.jg-frankonia.de vorbeischauen oder sich direkt bei uns im Discord melden: https://discord.gg/vHEJf3c

Eigene Server und viel Spass sind vorhanden :thumbup:

I'm feeling a little silly, but I can't get it to show up in my aircraft list. Unzipped it into the aircraft folder of my DCS folder

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C

I can see it in the modules section where one activates modules, but I don't see it along the bottom where the aircraft icons are and I can't place it on the map in order to fly it. As it doesn't show up on that list. I also don't have the option to bind any controls for it.

Light the tires kick the fires!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great module guys! The guys I've been flying with are having a bit of an issue with the tail hook not coming down. I've watched the Carrier recovery attached to the post and tried to follow as best as I could. Am I missing a step or could this be a bug? Thanks again!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's a very impressive module you guys managed to build there. Much respect to you guys! Unfortunately I'm not a fan of SFM modules, but I might give it a try anyways.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

@Merker - A-4E-C Mod - Bug report thread?

Once again, fantastic work on the A-4E, very fun to fly.

Will there be an area to report bugs? Not sure what sort of plans there are to fix anything, if any. However, I figured I'd start here :).

One thing I noticed is that the 20mm didn't seem to do much damage. I flew in offline mode and I may have figured out why. When I looked at the log/score (' key), it shows that weapon being used is "coltMk12", and when I got hits on the enemy aircraft, it shows "7.62mm".

So I'm wondering if somehow the specs for the 20mm were inadvertently set to a light machine gun round instead. It would certainly explain the lack of "punch" of the 20mm :).

Thanks in advance for looking into this.

Relent

Added an image showing the gun info seen from the log:

A-4-E-gunhits.png

Edited by 609_Relentov

Once again, fantastic work on the A-4E, very fun to fly.

Will there be an area to report bugs? Not sure what sort of plans there are to fix anything, if any. However, I figured I'd start here :).

One thing I noticed is that the 20mm didn't seem to do much damage. I flew in offline mode and I may have figured out why. When I looked at the log/score (' key), it shows that weapon being used is "coltMk12", and when I got hits on the enemy aircraft, it shows "7.62mm".

So I'm wondering if somehow the specs for the 20mm were inadvertently set to a light machine gun round instead. It would certainly explain the lack of "punch" of the 20mm :).

Thanks in advance for looking into this.

Relent

Added an image showing the gun info seen from the log:

Report Bugs HERE:

https://goo.gl/forms/lmpuKQCH8S8QlH0R2