NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

I had the same Issue. Try the tutorial "Takeoff" in the missions first.

One thing I have noticed is that it does not work on NTTR (for me) and seems more at home on the Caucasus Map, I have flown on PG Map with no issues as well.

Cold starting at Nellis (especially around south spots; 157) the game would freeze. If I changed that to a hot ramp start from the same spot, it would load. I could shut down and rearm as necessary.

Moving the jets up to Tonopah, cold starts were fine.

Could anyone tell me what is the on speed AoA in a Case I recovery, please?

Basically, the analogue to the AoA of 8.1 in the Hornet.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Excellent, then in that case we need the darned oodle oodle oodle!

works great (RWR - oodle, oodle..) :-) Tirak, I know you're aware of the RWR, but for others.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225667

(thanks Nero)

Edited by javelina1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Just a caution - My DCS VR install has been wrecked now twice in 3 days and so far the Scooter is the leading suspect, only change previously stable installation of 2.5 OB. Reinstalling DCS from scratch again, just did this yesterday evening.

Near as I can tell it has to do with putting the Scooter into certain mission types, I put together a CVN CQ mission with a hot start Scooter on the boat, an air start 20 miles out, and a cold start from the ramp at Al Dhafra. Previous mission had cold start Scooter at Creech with an air start option.

I have removed both missions and done a complete search and destroy of all A-4E-C files outside my download folder.

Have not had issues like this since the Oculus/Shader conflict many folks had back in May or June - DCS just hangs on the 2nd mission loading splash screen.

I hope it is not the Scooter but it's the only actual change other than latest update that has been applied to system in over a month. Weird that it worked fine for 2 or 3 days and then just crapped out.

Open to ideas but for now Scooter won't be reinstalled until I see I have a stable installation again with functioning VR.

I hope I can put it back in as I was really enjoying the Scooter, really great mod.

UPDATE it appears my issue may have been a result of a change in Rift behavior on my installation - looks like it is back to OK, I just need to ensure the Rift is on my head before it gets to the second launch screen - I used to be able to watch the entire load process on the mirror but now it is acting different.

'Gimp

Edited by AcroGimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

I notice a few players wigging out because they think they need to put this thing in the openbeta folder in saved games. It doesn't matter. Mine is in DCS release, in saved games. I don't have openbeta any longer.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

You shouldn't be receiving any IC issues because it is meant to be put in the Saved Games route which DCS does not check for integrity. Putting it in an external hard drive (not the C one) or the Program Files route will break DCS presumably causing an IC error.

Thanks mate. Have checked and double checked. It's installed as directed in the C drive, under Saved Games. Must be mucking something up. I'll keep trying.

Sux, as I keep getting booted from my own server.

Anyone else still having issues?

I notice a few players wigging out because they think they need to put this thing in the openbeta folder in saved games. It doesn't matter. Mine is in DCS release, in saved games. I don't have openbeta any longer.

OK, good to know.....

Just confirm you are passing your Integrity Check in Multi-player??

Could anyone tell me what is the on speed AoA in a Case I recovery, please?

Basically, the analogue to the AoA of 8.1 in the Hornet.

Whether it is portrayed

AoA

Too High = 18 1/2 -30

High = 18 - 18 12/2

Optimum = 17 -18

Low = 16 1/2 - 17

Too Low = 0 - 16 1/2

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

Is anyone else having these issues with the jet?:

TrackIR head tracking is VERY touchy. Feels way more twitchy then any other jet

Aircraft damage model: The plane is almost invincible. I just took 10 missiles to the face and but from an Osa and it had no effect at all on the bird.

Countermeasure system doesnt want to work when in the both position. Works fine in pos 1 and 2 though.

OK, good to know.....

Just confirm you are passing your Integrity Check in Multi-player??

I have had IC failed because of Shapes\ld_0.edm and ld_1.edm. Those files exist in native DCS already, and I suspect that the A-4E loading them on top can trigger IC (i usually have IC failed after leaving a server, not when first starting a game). For the record, the ld_1 and ld_0 look the same as the vanilla ones, so I'm not sure what they're for. Possibly removing them from the A-4E might correct some IC failures.

For those who have IC failures, what are the culprit files indicated?

This isn't a bug, its a feature of all DCS Hawk aircraft whether they be Sky or normal variants. BAZING!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Sky variant is clearly superior as it was made chucktanium so it doesn't break into pieces like the hawk, this also allowed them to get rid of the witchcraft that allowed the hawk to fly without wings and ailerons.

Jokes aside, just give them time. I'm also waiting for a decent or semi decent damage model but be patient, they already managed to provide more than expected.

I don't think there is a key binding for it...But you are looking for Plan/Profile in the A/G mode...right?

Regarding countermeasures I found that I could only use both banks at the same time if I first select one bank and then flipped the switch back to both and also activated auto.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Regarding countermeasures I found that I could only use both banks at the same time if I first select one bank and then flipped the switch back to both and also activated auto.

Same here. Except that I don't have to activate "auto". But to use both banks I have to flip the switcht first to one bank and back.

Anybody else having problems turning on ground power or rearming? Know that the radio isn’t working but I assume that this works as I’ve seen it in YouTube videos.

No radio means you have to open the cabin to talk to the ground crew.

Heatblur F-14 avdersary! will it work OK?

Just wondering if there is a Top Gun A4M in the works or at least increasing the thrust to the A4M specs. I've tried to do some gun BFM with f-14's and Mig-21's and find it difficult to get my nose on the buggers, not sure if its pitch authority or a thrust thing but it seems that the F-4 and Mig 21 can out turn the E model. I'd love to use it for a adversary when the F-14 comes out.

"A-4M — Dedicated Marine version with improved avionics and more powerful J52-P-408 engine with 11,200 lbf (50 kN) thrust, enlarged cockpit, IFF system. Later fitted with Hughes AN/ASB-19 Angle Rate Bombing System (ARBS) with TV and laser spot tracker, 158 built"

"TOPGUN introduced the notion of Dissimilar Air Combat Training (DACT) using the Douglas A-4E “Skyhawk” in the striped "Mongoose" configuration with fixed slats. The small size of the Douglas “Skyhawk” and superb low speed handling in the hands of a well trained aviator made it ideal to teach fleet aviators the finer points of DACT. The squadrons eventually began to display vivid threat type paint schemes signifying their transition into the primary role of Adversary training. To better perform the Adversary role, single-seat Douglas A-4E and A-4F “Skyhawk” models were introduced into the role, but the ultimate “Skyhawk” was the "Super Fox," which was equipped with the uprated J52-P-408 engine similar to the configuration used by the Blue Angels"

Just need a tiny bit more thrust as in the M model. I tried some of the low speed maneuvers in the video I posted and not sure if its me but the flight model might need some tweaking.

And WOW! I just love flying this plane!!! ABSOLUTELY NO COMPLAINTS you guys did an amazing job, I'm flying this aircraft more than any other now. Thank you so much!

Is anyone else having these issues with the jet?:

TrackIR head tracking is VERY touchy. Feels way more twitchy then any other jet

Aircraft damage model: The plane is almost invincible. I just took 10 missiles to the face and but from an Osa and it had no effect at all on the bird.

Countermeasure system doesnt want to work when in the both position. Works fine in pos 1 and 2 though.

I've had no problems with TrackIR, I'd suggest making a profile for the Skyhawk and adjusting it to your needs.

The damage model seems to ignore missiles, but Merker is aware and I believe the team is working on fixing that. The plane is still vulnerable to guns though, so there is that.

As others have noted, for some reason you need to cycle the countermeasure banks through 1 and 2 before going back to both after startup to get it to work. No idea why.