NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Anyone able to activate the nav lights, position lights and landing lights? I flip all the switches to on and nothing....
You have to flick the pinky switch forward as well. It's on the left side of the throttle so works as a master on/off for selected lights.

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Question: Can the AI A-4 be given a tanker TACAN and the refueling fuel tank be made functional so we can use it as one more tanker?

Also another question (in the hopes that it maybe considered): Can the A-4's AI Model be fixed and integrated into the game by default (AI only) for multiple reasons.....

1. We have one more amazing Naval asset to use as tankers, bombers, strikers etc.

2. Servers like the Cold War server can then use this for assets and player aircraft. And not everyone will be required to download the plane just to join this server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

@ Dev-Team: I know about your bug-reporting here: https://goo.gl/forms/lmpuKQCH8S8QlH0R2, but wouldn't it be reasonable, to open a thread in this forum, where we can report bugs, so everybody can see, which bugs have already been reported?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

@ Dev-Team: I know about your bug-reporting here: https://goo.gl/forms/lmpuKQCH8S8QlH0R2, but wouldn't it be reasonable, to open a thread in this forum, where we can report bugs, so everybody can see, which bugs have already been reported?

Actually, it would even be better if ED would accept to open a new thread section (like for other third party developers with their own aircraft).

It would show that ED encourage the community in developing strong component for their game. Not saying it should be done for every mod, but I would say that this A-4E is complete enough to earn the title of an official DCS community aircraft.

Also another question (in the hopes that it maybe considered): Can the A-4's AI Model be fixed and integrated into the game by default (AI only) for multiple reasons.....

1. We have one more amazing Naval asset to use as tankers, bombers, strikers etc.

2. Servers like the Cold War server can then use this for assets and player aircraft. And not everyone will be required to download the plane just to join this server.

+1

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Praise Upon Praise

Thank you just does not cut it. You guys are kings.

:)

Arguably, release of this community mod is one of the most important events and milestones in the entire Flanker / DCS series. And yes, this mod should have it's own dedicated forum subsection, hands down.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

But looking at the code, they trying to add the AGM-12 to the A-4. I really hope someone finds away.

Although I believe they might have modelled the wrong control grip for it. I’m not sure but I think the older A-4 had a joystick in place of the NWS button. This was probably for the bull pup?

Was this just an aborted experiment that you guys tried Merker, or is this a functionality the team is still trying to put into place?

Merker and Dev Team,

Again, I cannot say how impressed I am with the level of functionality and detail present in this mod as released, you have brought the Scooter to life in a way that is far beyond my expectations and I suspect many others as well.

Can you provide an outline of any additional planned features or identified workarounds for some of the limitations? I apologize if some questions are dumb, I have really only used the full fidelity modules and am not familiar with limits for FC3 type systems or mods - basically wondering if some of these are simply not possible, either for you as a recognized dev (meaning you share the work and can't use other code) or simply are not possible outside the professional modules. Also if there are potential workarounds (e.g., the SRS .txt file for preselect channels on the UHF radio) please let us know.

Since TACAN nominally works for example, will there be an ability to set a course line for the HSI so we can track an inbound/outbound radial? Maybe A/A for yardstick?

Do you foresee any kind of ILS or ICLS?

Will we eventually be able to tank (so A/A TACAN and probe/refuel mechanics)?

And of course for radios, is there a way to get the plane to interact with the DCS system for ATC, AWACS and the Carrier for lighting, etc.?

Thanks so much for an excellent module, we're including the Scooter in our carrier strike group at CSG-1 and I want to see if there are planned improvements we can look forward to or if we may need to examine alternative approaches.

'Gimp / Disco | CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, vCSG-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

thanks got it working - final question does/did the A4 support the sidewinder for self defence? (unable to select in loadout)
Pylons 2 and 4 only.

Use the Rockets/GM slection on the weapons knob.

'Gimp / Disco

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

Again, great stuff.

Just one correction on the USN/USMC skins: the old insignia white/gull grey scheme painted all control surfaces insignia white on both sides. You guys have the ailerons and rudders covered, but the elevators were also painted. I have enclosed a PNG for the white elevators that you can import as a layer into your "top" template.

Keep up the awesome work!

A4E_elevators.thumb.png.f999e936a125bc68f67b66b356606a10.png

Thanks once again to the dev. team for having released a nice mod... just can't await to fly the -M version and go 'head-to-head' with Tomcats!

Now I have a question, sorry in advance if answered anywhere else before.

What is the correct takeoff procedure from a carrier? I tried to position myself on the catapult sledge, but nothing happened, even after I pressed the 'u' key.

Thanks once again to the dev. team for having released a nice mod... just can't await to fly the -M version and go 'head-to-head' with Tomcats!

Now I have a question, sorry in advance if answered anywhere else before.

What is the correct takeoff procedure from a carrier? I tried to position myself on the catapult sledge, but nothing happened, even after I pressed the 'u' key.

As a Mod this aircraft cannot engage with the Carrier system, just line up, hold brakes, set flaps full, trim is 7 or 8 I think, then run the engine up, release the brakes and it will accelerate like it is on the catapult but it won't raise the JBD or get a reply from the boat.

Hook does work although it disengages quickly so be ready to get on the brakes once you've caught a wire and decelerated and keep throttle low when on the boat due to the built-in carrier takeoff code.

'Gimp | DISCO CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, CSG-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anybody else getting this - USS Stennis, catches wire at deck level, rises to about 12 ft at max wire stretch, drops wire, nose dips into deck and it moves along like this to its parking spot, turnes, reverses and goes level, parks, still 12 ft above the deck.

Tried it with other Mod Carriers in game, removed those to see if it was a conflict with those, same issue in all cases.

Can't see any obvious reason for this to happen, any ideas ?

Screen_181201_172315.thumb.png.a0d17f864b72368d50d8018d61cac6e5.png

Sorry for noob question. I can't seem to restart the engine after landing and rearming. I land, park, shut off the engine (Lshift+end), request rearming. After rearming, I request ground power. Press start button (clickable button or Lshift+home), but I can't seem to right click the throttle like during initial start up. Yesterday I reinstalled with the newest hotfix. But still have the issue.

Am I missing something?