NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Any news on making this IC compatible? And yes I have it in my saved games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's part of what's holding up things at the moment. I want to dedicate some time to that and one other thing. It's by far our biggest bug request. If it's not in 1.02, it will be more out of getting things out before Christmas rather than giving it. Unless it is 100% unavoidable, I'll be working to fix it. Along with the SAM damage bug, it's by far my highest priority.

Edit: And to specify, this is referring to the bug which kicks folks out of MP or prevents them from rejoining.

Edited by Merker

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

That's part of what's holding up things at the moment. I want to dedicate some time to that and one other thing. It's by far our biggest bug request. If it's not in 1.02, it will be more out of getting things out before Christmas rather than giving it. Unless it is 100% unavoidable, I'll be working to fix it. Along with the SAM damage bug, it's by far my highest priority.

Thanks for all the hard work you’re doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great Merker! thank you and the team, for all of this!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

And, after some consideration and several requests, we've removed the unused ECM panel which was obstructing the airspeed indicator. Check it out!

That's great news! Particularly with carrier landings the ECM panel was only annoying. Are you planning to implement the ECM functionality at a later date? Do we need a pod or is the ECM electronics installed in the hump?

You guys are doing a great job. Since the release of your mod I'm flying it more often then the A-10C and the F/A-18C. It's just fun flying the A-4E!!! :thumbup:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Forgive me if this has been covered already, but how do I drop tanks in the Scooter? I tried this morning with bags on the inboard wing stations and I could not get them to leave! I did look in the Community manual but it was not covered, not that I could find anyways.

Thanks in advance!

~Rob

Are you planning to implement the ECM functionality at a later date? Do we need a pod or is the ECM electronics installed in the hump?

This is good question, because ECM was installed only on several A-4Es for testing.

In fact ECM was mounted only on one type - A-4L.

Hey all, just want to give you a quick update. Version 1.02 will be available next Saturday or earlier. The RWR won't be included but will be worked on going forward, however, all of the other changes I mentioned will be available. If you've sent me PM's, I apologize for taking awhile to respond. It's a very, very busy time of year for me IRL and I haven't had much time. Thanks for your patience, I appreciate it!

P.S. Thanks Skate for making this post stickied!

thank you so much for the hard work MERKER ! :thumbup:

How I wish , the A4 mod could be integrated into the Sim, so the IC issue would be obsolete !

Having the A4 as a standard airframe slot on the servers like the other ED modules and it becomes flyable when you install the Mod is wishful thinking , but it would be soo Awesome :music_whistling::thumbup::joystick:

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Ok, so I downloaded this mod but it doesn't show up in DCS.

Here is my file structure

C:\Users\Les\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\A-4E-C

All the files are in the folder I think.

Any ideas? Thanks

Untitled.jpg.4f13e7e6e552f5f63e93a080df0c715b.jpg

Untitled1.jpg.d0fbb92703b1551cf4adcb5b98b546db.jpg

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

This is good question, because ECM was installed only on several A-4Es for testing.

In fact ECM was mounted only on one type - A-4L.

A4e humpback models had ecm.

And besides that panel is used for rwr control too. So it will be needed in the future when that gets worked on.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Looks like you are missing some files... there should be a comm.lua, entry.lua and a views.lua in the main a-4e-c directory

Cheers, don’t know what’s happened there then. I’ll redownload and try again

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Edited by mr_mojo97
Wrong thread

Verified during testing today, the Scooter's AN/APG-53A Ground Attack Radar can detect CVN size targets at nearly 30nm.

It is VERY sensitive to radar elevation and will be fleeting but the Scooter Ground Attack Radar does in fact see CVN size ships and from almost 30nm away.

First shot is map overview showing strike group related to a known terrain feature that I have previously detected with the Ground Attack radar.

H49bQHd.png

2nd shot is Radar Elevation 6 degrees dish down, only terrain targets detected.

0PRDf8G.jpg

3rd shot is 5 degrees dish down, terrain AND Strike Group targets detected.

9eOrxOD.jpg

All shots were active pause on, at Angels 15, range 27.5nm - bottom line is it can work but will be best from a stable platform (e.g., AFCS with Path and ALT HOLD Modes engaged).

Verified similar results at Angels 6 and 23nm using 4 degrees dish down. Suspect possible at longer ranges but not yet verified.

This is truly an impressive bit of coding and yet another reason this Mod is just beginning a brilliant career as a capable naval strike aircraft.

At speed you will need to manually change dish elevation regularly to maintain contact and would want to switch to short range at some point but so long as you let the plane do the flying I don't see why we can't get to where we can reliably use this - that is simply jaw dropping to me.

Bravo Zulu Community A-4E-C Dev Team!!

DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, vCSG-1

Edited by AcroGimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

Can someone Help a Mod newbie with Installation/troubleshooting, by posting a Step by step, Video or link to either if already done. for myself and for future users. thanks

ive been trying for weeks. i literally have 20 copies of the plane folder in every spot ican think of in saved games and the regular folder. plane shows up in module manager, but unable to fly.

This aircraft has been a blast so far!

Definitely a great addition to the hangar.

Anyway we can get the first post updated with latest news etc? I've seen a few previous posts that would be much more visible on the original page (Mainly talking about the upcoming patch).

Might be easier for the newcomers to find if it is there?

CO 6vMAW

Looking for wingmen? Come Fly with Us!

ive been trying for weeks. i literally have 20 copies of the plane folder in every spot ican think of in saved games and the regular folder. plane shows up in module manager, but unable to fly.

That is the problem. if you have multiple versions IT DOES NOT WORK.

You need to place it in: C:\Users\baco1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\A-4E-C

(where "Baco1" is YOUR user name in the PC).