NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

One of the non-functional weapons in the A-4E mod is the AGM-62 Walleye. The Walleye is a TV guided precision glide bomb and I just ask myself how it could be deployed from the A-4E in real life, if there was no TV-screen in the cockpit? Anyone here able to explain this? :huh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Is anyone known to be working on a sound mod for the Community A-4? Hearing authentic sounds would be so awesome compared to the default Su-25 engine noise.

Some of us have brought up the idea of working on the sounds. It’s some thing that a few of us are keen to get to working on but unfortunately I’m stuck on coding in new systems and bug fixes so it will be some time before I can get around that sounds. It might just be added a little at a time.

One of the non-functional weapons in the A-4E mod is the AGM-62 Walleye. The Walleye is a TV guided precision glide bomb and I just ask myself how it could be deployed from the A-4E in real life, if there was no TV-screen in the cockpit? Anyone here able to explain this? :huh:

Some of the A-4E had a tv screen in place of the radar screen. I think the tv screen made both the walleye and radar available.

Thanks to your guys for some of the most fun I have had in DCS in a long time. This aircraft is the backbone of my virtual Contract Air Support squadron for my group. Simple enough for new people but complicated enough to have some manageable challenges.

In reference to the damage model I have noticed it seems unaffected by MANPADs or heater AAMs.

Thanks!

promo2.thumb.png.308095a14e051c42913b9cb858bdf9a7.png

Hello - trying to help my friend

I can load the A4 and fly it but he loads it and the only thing he gets is a airfield and no plane: I walked him through the steps to load it and still the same issue. Any suggestions?

Can’t think of any reason until it’s an error with Mission creation. The only issue I know with airfield is a crash when loading the A-4 on Nellis AFB.

I noticed it happens when I try to set up 2 planes for multiplayer. One plane loads and the other locks the computer up.

That's interesting. If that happens again do you mind sending your log file? I know some people who fly multiplayer with the A-4 but have never reported such an issue. So your log file will be important to take a look at what happened.

AN/ALE-29A Chaff Dispensing System

Here's something that I just finished for the A-4E. Its the implementation of the AN/ALE-29A Chaff Dispensing System. This will be tied into the RWR to automatically release a chaff pattern when a missile launch is detected. This is the automatic mode on the countermeasures panel.

Changing the settings on the programmer can only be done the mission editor or by the ground crew when on the ground and engines off (via the kneeboard).

yOIJan0.png

9BLpCuR.png

Here is a video of me testing the sequence with flares for visibility. In the final version, this will only work with chaff as there is no IR warning on the A-4E.

Ejad62hrGmo

Can you guys from the developer-team give us a rough estimate about when version 1.03 is planned to be released? Still in February or maybe next month?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Can you guys from the developer-team give us a rough estimate about when version 1.03 is planned to be released? Still in February or maybe next month?

I think sometime in early March is the most likely. We're currently not in a massive rush to get it out the door and want to be sure to knock out some important bugs before release as well. We'll also be doing more dedicated testing than prior to try to eliminate any hiccups during release.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

I think sometime in early March is the most likely. We're currently not in a massive rush to get it out the door and want to be sure to knock out some important bugs before release as well. We'll also be doing more dedicated testing than prior to try to eliminate any hiccups during release.

Many thanks for the answer. Take the time to bring out a thoroughly tested update. We now have more than just basic features in the A-4E and the plane is already a lot of fun. It would be fantastic if you could unlock some features on the radio. Of course there is the problem with the SDK access, but you always need something to dream about... :smilewink:

Is cockpit lights bugged in 1.02? I don't seems get them on... or did I missed sth?

Cockpit lights was a work in progress for 1.02 but should still be functional. I think the console knob controlled most of the lights. The toggle switch next to it is bugged but should still be able to turn on the lights.

The light were revamped and is totally functional for the next release.

Any chance to fix the VR issue with single players?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------