NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

What would you like to see worked on/finished/added to the A-4E with the exception of the following systems:

- Radios / ATC

- Mid-air refuelling

- TV/Laser guided weapons

these system will not happen :smilewink:

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

For me, I'll like this order:

1. Radios / ATC

2. TV/Laser guided weapons

3. Mid-air refuelling

Then noob question again:

I'm messing with the AWRS and a bit lost: I can get the bomb released. I'll try to get it short and clear. I want to drop eg. 4 bombs in 250ms interval when I press pickle once. What should I select on the AWE-1?

I'm asking because, I can either keep pressing the pickle and it start dropping the bombs with interval select till all bombs are gone or just 1 bomb released when i tap pickle once. It seems ignoring the QTY selected. :joystick:

Those are the three systems that definitely cannot happen. Those need SDK access so I’m asking about other systems besides those three.

The AWRS is kinda bugged in 1.02. I’ve rewritten most of the logic for it for the next release. In 1.02, quantity is ignored for ripple mode and you cannot limit the number of bombs dropped. You just have to listen for the number of bombs dropped then let go of the pickle button. This is no longer an issue in the current dev build for the next release.

Those are the three systems that definitely cannot happen. Those need SDK access so I’m asking about other systems besides those three.

My bad.... have not read your thread carefully enough.... :doh:

Ok, I'll forget the ripple mode for the time being and just bomb the f___ up with all I a have carried then. :D

Here’s a question for everyone. What would you like to see worked on/finished/added to the A-4E with the exception of the following systems:

- Radios / ATC

- Mid-air refuelling

Edit: These three systems cannot happen without SDK access.

Hello thanks for all the work. I would like to be able to set the TACAN for the carrier (at least I think it was not working last time I checked). Without TACAN case 3 are not possible.

Hello thanks for all the work. I would like to be able to set the TACAN for the carrier (at least I think it was not working last time I checked). Without TACAN case 3 are not possible.

I think TACAN is already included in the next release. I didn't code it so I can't say how it works yet.

If it is working in the carrier now, this is really good news!

it is, within some boundrys (carrier cant change speed or heading after takeoff)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

ED really should let you guys use the SDK, damm it.

that will not make the development nessesarily better or faster, cause its basicly a whole new set of lego toys.

Just be happy with what we have guys :)

that will not make the development nessesarily better or faster, cause its basicly a whole new set of lego toys.

Just be happy with what we have guys :)

No, but it would allow radios and carrrier operationswithout scripts.

by the way I AM very, very happy.

Here’s a question for everyone. What would you like to see worked on/finished/added to the A-4E with the exception of the following systems:

- Radios / ATC

- Mid-air refuelling

Edit: These three systems cannot happen without SDK access.

Some things I would like, but maybe it already will be included in v. 1.03. :music_whistling:

- cold start and rearming on the carrier-deck

- functioning IFF (a simple one would be OK :))

- functioning 'Volume' knob for the Shrike with some sound when it has acquired a radar-target (don't know if the real A-4E was equipped with that)

- functioning 'Seat Up-Down' knob

- working handle to arm the ejection-seat

- working 'Oxygen' knob

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I would like to say here that apart of the A-4E-C discord server when I had declared this that I will be helping to bring in some training missions for people new to the aircraft to play in order to help with interaction and learning the aircraft aside from tutorial videos. The missions will include the subject(s) of:

• Startup
  • Takeoff
  • Landing
  • Shutdown
  • Carrier Ops
  • Radar
  • Circuit Patterns/NATOPS
  • Weapons
  • and more to come as time goes on.

So far I am looking for people who are able to help out with recording some audio files. If anyone is interested, please contact me at the A-4E discord. Progress (as of the time of this writing) is being focused on the startup training mission. :)

- Sirius

Some things I would like, but maybe it already will be included in v. 1.03. :music_whistling:

Norbot I am not speaking on behalf of the Dev Team but watching their Discord I would offer the following:

- cold start and rearming on the carrier-deck - Exists in current Beta and should be part of 1.03

- functioning IFF (a simple one would be OK :)) - You could always request that via their Discord or Github

- functioning 'Volume' knob for the Shrike with some sound when it has acquired a radar-target (don't know if the real A-4E was equipped with that) - Believe this is in work by one, possibly two parties

- functioning 'Seat Up-Down' knob - You could always request that via their Discord or Github

- working handle to arm the ejection-seat - You could always request that via their Discord or Github

- working 'Oxygen' knob - You could always request that via their Discord or Github

DISCO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

- cold start and rearming on the carrier-deck

- functioning IFF (a simple one would be OK :))

- functioning 'Volume' knob for the Shrike with some sound when it has acquired a radar-target (don't know if the real A-4E was equipped with that)

- functioning 'Seat Up-Down' knob

- working handle to arm the ejection-seat

- working 'Oxygen' knob

Hi Norbot,

DISCO is pretty much correct about those features. Shrike tone is a working in progress but not sure if it will make it this patch yet. And it is best to request the other features (IFF, Seat, Ejection Seat, Oxygen) via Github. That way the team knows that it is something that the community wants and we can prioritise it. FYI those are things that I have been considering to work on but wasn't sure if it was wanted enough by the community to prioritise.

Hi Norbot,

DISCO is pretty much correct about those features. Shrike tone is a working in progress but not sure if it will make it this patch yet. And it is best to request the other features (IFF, Seat, Ejection Seat, Oxygen) via Github. That way the team knows that it is something that the community wants and we can prioritise it. FYI those are things that I have been considering to work on but wasn't sure if it was wanted enough by the community to prioritise.

Never used Github or Discord in my life. But maybe you could post a link to those. :music_whistling:

In post #935 you asked what we would like to see worked on/finished/added to the A-4E, and post #948 was my answer. :smilewink:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I was coding the Shrike lock tones last night and streaming it on Twitch. Here are some highlights of the very early work-in-progress of the Shrike tone.

I might stream more coding sessions as the live feedback and discussion of how some systems should work was very entertaining. Do let me know what you think.

PS. I don't think it is possible to directly embed the video links here. Or maybe I just don't know how to yet.

NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Never used Github or Discord in my life. But maybe you could post a link to those. :music_whistling:

In post #935 you asked what we would like to see worked on/finished/added to the A-4E, and post #948 was my answer. :smilewink:

Here's the link to the issue tracker on Github. Anyone can view it but you'll need to create a free Github account if you want to file a bug or comment on something there. This is the most visible place to get the attention of the dev team.

https://github.com/Merker6/community-a4e-c/issues

And here is the link to the Discord channel that Merker posted in the last official update. Discord is a chatroom style community where we discuss all the development for the A-4E. It is the best place to stalk the development progress but also a great place for others to provide information and resources to help the development along.

https://discord.gg/VEmJWVP

To be honest, everything on your list are things that I would hope to see implemented as well. It's just a matter of time.

Edited by heclak
formatting

Not sure how rearm & refueling implemented. Wouldn't it be great if we can rearm and refuel with canopy closed and engine running? :lol:

Just a thought, i don't know how difficult to make it happen as I have only tried this in the commercial product: AV-8B Harrier. So just ignore it if it cannot be done easily.

This is not even an issue anyway, just some more fun to have it.

Unofficial Training Missions

Hey guys. As I mentioned previously in a post on this thread, I stated that I would be working on some training missions for the A-4E-C mod that will be interactable for users. I am happy to currently show off the 1st training mission in line: the startup. As time does go on, more and more will be made. Currently at the time of this writing, there is 1 other training mission in the works on taxi and takeoff procedures. I will be planning to provide a set of training missions in both the Caucasus and Nevada theatres. However, I will be doing Caucasus for now.

unknown.png

Below is a video demonstrating the capabilities of the training mission. I hope for these to serve as aids for user inter actibility as since most teaching is now either in the Community A-4E guide or in the form of tutorials on YouTube. This is in no way meant to replace any of them.

I hope you guys enjoy! (P.S., apologies for the TrackIR clipping out around the end and shakiness. Still a bit new to it. :P)

- Sirius

Edited by Sirius

Not sure how rearm & refueling implemented. Wouldn't it be great if we can rearm and refuel with canopy closed and engine running? :lol:

Just a thought, i don't know how difficult to make it happen as I have only tried this in the commercial product: AV-8B Harrier. So just ignore it if it cannot be done easily.

This is not even an issue anyway, just some more fun to have it.

The default DCS intercom system with the ground crew has it own checks which demands that canopy be open. I’m not are which commands must have the engines off right now.

The default DCS intercom system with the ground crew has it own checks which demands that canopy be open. I’m not are which commands must have the engines off right now.

There must be additional codes in AV-8B to fool the system then. I can just land on Tarawa, bring up the rearm panel and go rearm and refuel right the way. Then take-off to break and burn things again. :music_whistling:

There must be additional codes in AV-8B to fool the system then. I can just land on Tarawa, bring up the rearm panel and go rearm and refuel right the way. Then take-off to break and burn things again. :music_whistling:

yes that is possible with all High fidelity aircraft (A10c, FA18 and so on)