NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Another non access

Hi I have version 2.5.4.26825. My DCS saved games are in D drive - C is Windows only.

I have placed the download (Yes the inner one) as follows:

D:\Chris\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C.

I have also placed it in

F:\DCS\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C (F is the game only HDD) The A4 is not showing on my installed list, nor obviously in the mission editor. Any help appreciated. Regards ChrisJD

You can’t join any multiplayer server that doesn’t have the mod installed/enabled. This applies for any major mods.

But you can leave it installed and go to the module manager to toggle the module on/off when you in Single player or Multiplayer. Disabling the module in module manager will let you join servers. There is no need to delete the files/uninstall.

Thank you.

New problem for me. My DIY headtracker doesn't work when I start up the mod anymore, but if I go into axis tuning all head movements are working.

Weird, any ideas? I love my A4!

and, btw, headtracking works in all my other aircraft.

Delete both the headtracking and trackIR folders in the input folder of the mod.

Big Boom on mission start

Hey guys,

after the latest update, my A-4 blows up (explodes) right after mission start. It only happens when I select start @ parking or runway. If I build a mission where the skyhawk is already airborne, I can fly (and land, too ;) ) without exploding. Anyone experiencing something like that?

(edit: sorry, just saw that a seperate thread has been created)

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Another non starter

Hi Just to clarify. I have the latest version of DCS World as mentioned, and v102 of the A4. I have double checked the folders & everything is in the right place. I have tried with the A4 folder in DCS/Mods/aircraft only & also Chris/Saved Games/DCS/Mods/aircraft only. Neither work. The A4 does not show in the installed list nor is it available for mission creation. I cannot see what is wrong & I am sure other people have installed the A4 with no trouble. So where am I going wrong? Help please. ChrisJD

One last thing you might want to check:

C:\Users\Chris\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\Aircraft\A-4E-C is the correct form, if you have it like:

C:\Users\Chris\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\Aircraft\A-4E-C\A-4E-C this would cause the module not being listed.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

This is how your folders should be (see added snapshot). Bear in mind I'm using a German version of Windows 10. So your folder should be C:\Users\your_username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\A-4E-C. If you're using the stable version not the open beta, the folder should be C:\Users\your_username\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\Aircraft\A-4E-C. If that still doesn't work, check that you haven't installed it twice. The mod folders should NOT be in your DCS World install folder but in the 'users' folder. :)

folders.JPG.2ffdcb9e3670e1338cdd5543ec783b36.JPG

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Thanks WinterH I have seen this point made many times on this post. Please be assured it is as you said it should be - in my case it is D:\Users\Chris\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C & then the list of files starting with cockpit, encyclopedia, etc. Mods was not there so I added it + aircraft I have also added it to F:\DCS\Mods\aircraft. All my aircraft, extras, etc are there & show on the installed list on the home screen - just not the A4! Regards, ChrisJD

Hey guys,

after the latest update, my A-4 blows up (explodes) right after mission start. It only happens when I select start @ parking or runway. If I build a mission where the skyhawk is already airborne, I can fly (and land, too ;) ) without exploding. Anyone experiencing something like that?

Well (not so, to tell the truth...), I'm afraid that everyone here is currently experiencing this issue. Hope that this will be fixed soon, even in the upcoming update.

With best regards.

Thanks Norbot Our posts crossed whilst I was typing. I will now remove it from the DCS root program where it is in the Mods folder. I only downloaded the latest version of DCS World yesterday so I assume it is the stable version? I'll let you know in just a moment. Just tried it - still no show in the installed list & nothing on the mission editor either. Regards ChrisJD

This is how my DCS install folder looks like (attached image). There should definitely be no A-4E-C folder in 'F:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft'. In this folder only full modules should be listed, no mods. The A-4E-C folder should be in the 'users' folder only. If that still doesn't work, I have no idea why.

folders2.JPG.62a193e790721f98048e1667004f75ca.JPG

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Thanks norbot. Definitely no A4 in the DCS\Mods\aircraft folder. It's only in my saved games folder. I have no idea why it's not showing either. Regards ChrisJD

Maybe submit a bug-report here: https://goo.gl/forms/8Pe2Cw9Ax5VEyqe53 (The original link is in post #1 of this thread).

Right!! The problem is something I stupidly skipped over. I blindly assumed that the Chris\Saved Games in drive D was the one used. BUT the word User was not there. I then looked at C drive & found Users\Chris there. But there was no entry for Saved Games or DCS for that matter. so I added them all up to & including the A4. Partial success! The A4 now shows up on the installed list on the home screen. But it does not appear in the mission editor. So I assume the editor cannot find the A4 install location. Can anyone help with this? As an aside, I find I have a J-11A on the control set up screen. What is that? Apologies for wasting peoples time with my problem which is of my own making. Duh!! Regards, ChrisJD

Well, if there was no entry for Saved Games or DCS in your users folder, I suppose you never flew any other aircraft in DCS (like the free Su-25 or TF-51), because if you did, those folders should have been created by DCS World. Don't know if creating them manually could have caused the problems you have now. So I would suggest you to fly a mission with one of the two mentioned free modules. Maybe still missing folders will then be automatically created by DCS? Then try it with the A-4E again. If it still doesn't work, i would uninstall DCS, make a clean DCS World install (I suppose you haven't deleted the installer yet), then fly a mission with the included aircraft and install the A-4E-C mod after that.

And your 'Users' folder should normally be on the partition of your HDD or SSD, where your operating system is installed, unless you haven't changed that manually for some reason.

Edited by norbot

Thanks norbot. The odd thing is that on the D drive there is a folder called missions & on that I had about 6 of my missions which showed up to use in game. I certainly have many more aircraft than the 2 free ones. Oh well. I'll try your suggestions but I think you may be right about a re-install. We'll see. Thanks again. Regards ChrisJD

Hey guys,

Exacky the same for me, we need heeeeeeelp, ASAP

The "exploding on the ground" is a bug that has been intodruced in the latest openbeta Patch.

ED is aware of this Bug and will fix it in the next openbeta-Patch

in the meantime Pilots have the following options:

Stick to DCS stable branch

Stick to TakeOffs from Carrier

both work.

Edited by Nero.ger

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Thanks norbot. The odd thing is that on the D drive there is a folder called missions & on that I had about 6 of my missions which showed up to use in game. I certainly have many more aircraft than the 2 free ones. Oh well. I'll try your suggestions but I think you may be right about a re-install. We'll see. Thanks again. Regards ChrisJD

Just one more thing before you try it with a re-install. Have you already tried a repair (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Repair DCS World)?

Hi norbot No luck with the repair - all it did was make a new saved game folder in D drive - so I had 2 of them. I have a feeling that when I got my PC a new SSD drive C was fitted just for Windows & I think any extra programs or data, etc were diverted to D drive. This is why DCS puts the saved games folder in D. So until the A4 is placed in the Mods folder in DCS it is never going to work for me - unless the devs have any other ideas. Regards ChrisJD

Hi norbot No luck with the repair - all it did was make a new saved game folder in D drive - so I had 2 of them. I have a feeling that when I got my PC a new SSD drive C was fitted just for Windows & I think any extra programs or data, etc were diverted to D drive. This is why DCS puts the saved games folder in D. So until the A4 is placed in the Mods folder in DCS it is never going to work for me - unless the devs have any other ideas. Regards ChrisJD

Hi Chris, I've got 3 SSDs im my PC. The operating system is on drive C, most of my programs and backups on drive D and my games on drive E. DCS World is installed on drive E (one folder for the stable and one for the beta version). The 'Saved Games' folder was created on drive C and this is where all my userfiles for DCS were installed, too. DCS never installed anything on my drive D. So if your problem persists, you should try it with a report to the devs. Maybe they can help. Good luck! :)

Final

Hi norbot. Well! As a last resort I installed a fresh new DCS World. All my modules are there, the installed list shows the A4 & guess what? The A4 is now available in the mission planner & I took it out for a short circuit & it flies beautifully with no problems at all. I now have to set up all the controls again for all my modules but that's no problem.

However, here is the thing - the new install did NOT make a C\User\Chris\Saved Games\DCS folder, but again made D\Chris\Saved Games\DCS & in fact used the same folder I had been using with my missions & liveries as well as the A4. Strange, but it works. Just wanted a new install to find the A4. So all's well that ends well - fingers crossed! Regards. ChrisJD