NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Try it with an SA-2 group for the beginning (SAM SR P-19 for search, Fan-Song for tracking and some SA-2 launchers). Works perfectly. Engage the SR P-19 from something like 12 nm away. You will have to beam a few times in order to get close enough, but it works.

Can't wait for version 1.03 where we probably will have a lock tone and maybe even ECM - or at least some warning tone and light, when a SAM is launched.

Thanks! I will try that! :thumbup:

Well in the current alpha version the Shrike Lock tone works and is amazing at improving your accuracy with Shrikes within weapon parameters, and the simple RWR is working very well, though you'll have to get used to the base tone that plays continuously and the threat light works well too. The more advanced RWR is working in testing, but is still a while away from being a useful player aid.

Awesome. Can't wait for it to go live!:D

Hey guys,

I just downloaded version 1.02. I have an issue where my aircraft keeps exploding on the ground the moment I enter mission.

This occurs on both cold start mission and on instant action when I select start from ramp.

I didn't have this issue with V1.01.

Any ideas?

that is not an issue with the mod, but with DCS itself. There is a bug in the stable release at the moment that causes planes to explode (it has been fixed in the OpenBeta release)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Yea true, classic when you accidentally spawn in with a pilot who isn't invulnerable and he just explodes haha.

Hey on another note, I've seen this on a reddit post but wondering if there's any answers here as the posts I've seen didn't give much info.

I'm unable to take damage in the Skyhawk. Getting hit by several missiles and cannon fire and nothing happens at all.

I see the damage values were changed in V1.02.

Yea true, classic when you accidentally spawn in with a pilot who isn't invulnerable and he just explodes haha.

Hey on another note, I've seen this on a reddit post but wondering if there's any answers here as the posts I've seen didn't give much info.

I'm unable to take damage in the Skyhawk. Getting hit by several missiles and cannon fire and nothing happens at all.

I see the damage values were changed in V1.02.

There is currently an issue in the damage model, which unfortunately I was never able to replicate accurately on my end or with other testers prior to release. Some of our hitboxes (damage mesh) are not correctly linked with the native DCS damage code. We're working to resolve this and should hopefully have a mostly complete fix for this issue when we launch 1.3, our next update.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Well in the current alpha version the Shrike Lock tone works and is amazing at improving your accuracy with Shrikes within weapon parameters, and the simple RWR is working very well, though you'll have to get used to the base tone that plays continuously and the threat light works well too. The more advanced RWR is working in testing, but is still a while away from being a useful player aid.

There is a tone and RWR? Since when I have never heard this.

I've had no major issues with TACAN. It is a line of sight system so make sure there's no mountains or anything between you and the emitter.

As long as you pull off the power before the rollback is finished there should be no issue with taking off again at full power.

Stennis broadcasting 74X, I'm tuned to 74X with T/R on. Sitting on the deck, no signal even with the NAV switch in TACAN mode. I

I also get no rollback during a trap. The airplane stops immediately on landing.

Tacan at the moment only works for stationary, land based signals as far as I am aware.

In the new version it should wirk, but only as long as the carrier does not change course or speed.

Sadly this is a limitation without the sdk, if I remember corectly

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

Tacan at the moment only works for stationary, land based signals as far as I am aware.

In the new version it should wirk, but only as long as the carrier does not change course or speed.

Sadly this is a limitation without the sdk, if I remember corectly

3/3 points :thumbup:

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Yep, just tested again. TACAN works fine for land stations but won't work on the Stennis.

Now, I seem to be having problems with the bombing intervals. I had 10 bombs and set intervals to ripple single, 75' spacing, AWRS set to 2. Instead of dropping two bombs it dropped all 10.

Any news abour 1.03 version ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

@Nealius- I don't believe the AWRS update is on the current live version, however it does work in the current developer alpha with the AWRS correctly limiting drop numbers.

@assafm25- As to when it will release? No idea. However things to look forward to in it is a completely overhauled Carrier Catapult Takeoff system, functioning audible RWR (with THREAT light on the dash that illuminates when fired on), various model improvements mainly around the ECM control panel on the glare guard, fixed interior lights, Shrike lock tones, fixed AWRS behavior, chocks, overhauled damage model and more...

Hi, all~

We are chugging along on the patch, but can't give a hard date just yet. I believe the wait will be worth it when it comes to the features and fixes to the module. The team has ironed out a good number of the current release's quality of life issues, and we can't wait to share them all with you.

In other news, the A-4E-C makes a short cameo at 3:05 in the new trailer for the F-14, which is super flattering:

Edited by plusnine_

plusnine

Community A-4E-C

(Textures & sounds)

Legends together

Nice tribute from HB in the Tomcat launch vid,

Very worthy nod to all involved here,

attachment.php?attachmentid=205939&stc=1&d=1552084836

874169242_Annotation2019-03-08222156.thumb.jpg.5901e19bf360dc5ca3b427b92becac10.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Yeah, I noticed that too and was suprised to see the A-4 there :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Nice tribute from HB in the Tomcat launch vid

Absolutely :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Yep, just tested again. TACAN works fine for land stations but won't work on the Stennis.

Now, I seem to be having problems with the bombing intervals. I had 10 bombs and set intervals to ripple single, 75' spacing, AWRS set to 2. Instead of dropping two bombs it dropped all 10.

The weapon system wasn’t functioning accurately. I’ve since recoded most of the weapon system and it’s changed significantly for the next update. AWRS functionality will be as accurate as the information I can get.