NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

It doesn't have to be open beta, I have the stable version and it works fine.

eta: aside from from blowing on a runway. a carrier mission works.

Problem should be rectified in the next DCS World update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

If I try binding the "Zoom View" axis, the module bugs up and crashes at the first loading screen! :S

Can anyone reproduce this? I'm binding it to an X-55 throttle Z-axis, I'll try some other things now.

edit: had the same issue trying to bind the lighting axis. Flight axes give no problems.

Might be worth going into saved games and deleting your key bindings for the A-4E.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz

All I can really say on this front is that the geometry is largely final, with some exceptions on small things. One small change creates a lot more work and can cause issues with the unwrap, which then breaks a lot of textures. I appreciate the insight and constructive criticism though, and we can take a look at what can be done for some of the smaller changes. I used to have a B model downtown for reference, but Smithsonian locked her away as they do renovations :cry:

Yes, I thought that might be the case. I thought about if it was my wire-frame model and I wanted to tuck the sides in just a bit, how would that mess up the fit of other things? Especially around the cockpit? Would the consoles begin to show through the skin? And how would it mess up the positioning of the textures? All depending on how many shapes are all put together, I suppose. I understand. Any chance I could somehow take a shot at tweaking the 3D model on my own? And submit any results back to you only? (If I even achieve any) I'm just a great fan of the A-4. The minor items about the A-4E-C's shape and the wheels and stuff don't keep me from liking the plane and flying it practically every day. All-in-all, it's awesome! Thank you, very much for creating it!! It's a heck of a lot of work, I'm sure. I had thought the A-4 would never happen...and then I found it on the forum! If it ever becomes an official mod to purchase, I will.

That’s weird. Can you provide your dcs log file?

I'll try to produce some clean logs and try again because this is super weird: it never happened to me, then yesterday I installed the A-4 just to try it out and I got this issue. Then I added two other mods (because my cousin wants to play with them, sigh) and I noticed ALL the mods go crazy on me when I try to bind certain axes, it seems to go crazy on all axes except the flight ones.

So THIS IS NOT SPECIFIC TO THE A-4! It's something really weird on my end!

Today I start up the game, it sees the zoom axis binding no problem (edit: I didn't bind it, it just kept a previous binding attempt, it seems.), so I think it's solved. I get into a quick test mission, seems all fine, then I again try to bind lighting axes and it goes stupid on me again.

What I mean by "go stupid": it won't see any command input or axis movement in the command binding section, and if I'm already in a mission it's fine, while the moment I enter a loading screen (es. back from mission to map editor) it hangs - no hard crashes, it just hangs without ever leaving the loading screen.

Here's the end of my last log where I tried to unplug my gamepad to see if it had any effect on resetting the issue (it didn't.)

I have plugged in: my X-55 stick and X-55 throttle, an xbox gamepad, and a Tobii 4C eye tracker. Playing on latest open beta.

2019-03-12 10:40:14.794 INFO    WORLDGENERAL: loaded from mission Scripts/World/birds.lua
2019-03-12 10:40:14.797 INFO    DCS: dbox not found , skip
2019-03-12 10:40:14.930 INFO    Lua: Lua CPU usage: metric: average mission execution: 25.5148 %
2019-03-12 10:40:14.934 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: Recording flight data in [C:\Users\galff\Documents\Tacview\Tacview-20190312-114015-DCS-a4test.zip.acmi]
2019-03-12 10:40:14.949 INFO    EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41:     surface5 gc() LOD 0 157 squares
2019-03-12 10:40:14.957 INFO    EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41:     surface5 gc() LOD 1 159 squares
2019-03-12 10:40:14.957 INFO    EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: surface5 gc() 22.174900 ms
2019-03-12 10:40:15.282 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'uvmapsfueltank_dft150_dft300_spec' not found. Asked from 'NGMODEL'
2019-03-12 10:40:33.446 INFO    Lua: Lua CPU usage: metric: average mission execution: 3.1987 %
2019-03-12 10:40:58.958 ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./Scripts/Input\View.lua"]:1197: attempt to call method 'setValueRange' (a nil value)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'setValueRange'
[string "./Scripts/Input\View.lua"]:1197: in function 'onProcessInput_'
[string "./Scripts/Input\View.lua"]:1224: in function 'updater'
[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:64: in function <[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:40>
2019-03-12 10:41:18.326 INFO    Lua: Lua CPU usage: metric: average mission execution: 2.7870 %
2019-03-12 10:46:16.063 INFO    Lua: Lua CPU usage: metric: average mission execution: 3.0434 %
2019-03-12 10:47:02.960 INFO    INPUT: Device [Controller (Xbox One For Windows) {B46E90E0-0C51-11e9-8001-444553540000}] created deviceId = -1
2019-03-12 10:47:02.960 INFO    INPUT: Joystick created[Controller (Xbox One For Windows) {B46E90E0-0C51-11e9-8001-444553540000}], ForceFeedBack: no
2019-03-12 10:48:59.571 INFO    Lua: Lua CPU usage: metric: average mission execution: 3.1805 %
2019-03-12 10:49:01.624 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: End of flight data recording
2019-03-12 10:49:02.078 INFO    Config: netview stopped
2019-03-12 10:49:02.136 INFO    TERRAIN: lSystem::CleanScenes()
2019-03-12 10:49:02.225 INFO    EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:3
2019-03-12 10:50:00.727 INFO    EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:5
2019-03-12 10:50:00.727 INFO    DCS: application shutdown

edit: tried again, this time with a proper DCS plane, and it happened again! So there's something wrong with my install, something that went wrong recently... the only recurring factor is this:

2019-03-12 11:11:12.640 ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./Scripts/Input\View.lua"]:1197: attempt to call method 'setValueRange' (a nil value)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'setValueRange'
[string "./Scripts/Input\View.lua"]:1197: in function 'onProcessInput_'
[string "./Scripts/Input\View.lua"]:1224: in function 'updater'
[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:64: in function <[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:40>

This line does not appear if I don't try to bind an axis

Edit 2: alright it happens even if I delete the A-4 and all mods... so I can confirm that it has nothing to do with the A-4, it might have happened some time ago and I didn't notice because I don't often bind non-flight axes. Now I'm lost on how to fix this, but this isn't the proper thread anymore I think... duh.

Edit 3: FIXED IT! I have no idea if it's DCS fault or something happened on my side, but I managed to just copy the view.lua file from Stable to Open Beta and it fixed it. The OB View.lua bugged itself. Now the A-4 works flawlessly! (Turns out there's a thread for this bug: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233656 )

Edited by Galf

I’ve updated my guide with some stuff for v1.3 especially the new carrier catapult procedures and weapon updates. Look for the 1.3 tag on the left side of the pages. I’ll be updating my guide in the days to come.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1cUH7jpAoGHm-IzUDnv_NDhiZlvX55Q9WvpgR1d9ksYY/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you very much! Your guide is super well made and helped me a lot!

I have seen two bug reports suggested that the clickable elements (pointers) are too small and off. AstroGimp01 has come up with a short-term solution that VR users can use.

our workaround is spawn into Scooter, let it fully spawn, select role to another jet or spectator and let that fully spawn, then jump back into Scooter and all is well

Hope this helps, the issue has been forwarded on to the developers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz

Hi All,

Update looks great but I'm having trouble downloading it. When I right click and select download from the Drive it takes me to a document page which states the service is unavailable.

This is happening regardless of which browser I use.

Any ideas?

Hi All,

Update looks great but I'm having trouble downloading it. When I right click and select download from the Drive it takes me to a document page which states the service is unavailable.

This is happening regardless of which browser I use.

Any ideas?

There seems to be some issues with Google Drive in general, there's performance issues in downloading other files for me too. I just tested with Chrome, if you let it hang out on the service unavailable page for awhile then it started downloading eventually.

I'm not sure if this is caused by over-downloading of the file which I doubt so as I'm having issues on other parts of Google drive as well.

Let me know if it doesn't work still and I'll look into it again.

There's definitely a problem at Google. It is now reported as a service disruption on the Google services status page.

https://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en&v=status

Edit: The Google Drive service disruption is now over. Downloading should be back to normal.

Edited by heclak

Hey guys just a quick rockets question.

I noticed that to fire rockets, you need to set the weapon selector to "GM UNARM" instead of "Rockets". Is it a bug or it is as designed? Just wondering...

It can be set to either. It’s as designed in the aircraft.

The trigger in the A-4 is labelled as the GUNS/ROCKET TRIGGER.

If you set it to ROCKETS then you’ll using the TRIGGER to fire. This is the normal procedure.

The alternative is the set it to GM UNARM and press the BOMB RELEASE button.

I’m not sure why there is the alternate procedure but my guess is the alternate procedure keeps the trigger available for guns.

It can be set to either. It’s as designed in the aircraft.

The trigger in the A-4 is labelled as the GUNS/ROCKET TRIGGER.

If you set it to ROCKETS then you’ll using the TRIGGER to fire. This is the normal procedure.

The alternative is the set it to GM UNARM and press the BOMB RELEASE button.

I’m not sure why there is the alternate procedure but my guess is the alternate procedure keeps the trigger available for guns.

Ok does make sense. Thanks Heclak!

Have some troubles with mapping my HOTAS (X-55 Rhino Throttle). Trying to map zoom to one of the axis, which works fine with all other modules. But after accepting the mapping, the whole Throttle quits service... :-(

Also my headtrackingdevice (EDTracker Pro)doesn´t work...

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Have some troubles with mapping my HOTAS (X-55 Rhino Throttle). Trying to map zoom to one of the axis, which works fine with all other modules. But after accepting the mapping, the whole Throttle quits service... :-(

Also my headtrackingdevice (EDTracker Pro)doesn´t work...

Did you delete the older version before installing v1.3? There’s a number of files that were deleted so deleting the whole folder is the only way to update. It also solves headtracking issues.

If you have done that then try deleting your keybindings as it might have been left over from the previous version.

Did you delete the older version before installing v1.3? There’s a number of files that were deleted so deleting the whole folder is the only way to update. It also solves headtracking issues.

If you have done that then try deleting your keybindings as it might have been left over from the previous version.

Yeah, had deleted a older version, because I had troubles with it... I think i have to search if any older files were left...

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Yeah, had deleted a older version, because I had troubles with it... I think i have to search if any older files were left...

If you delete the entire A-4E folder then you would have gotten that. The keybindings though are in another folder. Delete the contents of the "saved games/dcs/config/input/A-4E-C" folder to clear all previous bindings.