NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

A-4E Blows up at start

Just updated DCS and now when go to INSTANT ACTION> COLD START or TAKEOFF, the A-4E instantly blows up on the ground before can do anything. This was functioning properly before. Any suggestions?

Just one . Try posting at the below forum for a better likelyhood of getting help .

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=224989

VEAO has absolutely nothing to do with the A-4 :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Hello and thank you so much for this free, great addon. I am wondering from where this addons takes its engine sounds, internal and external. Was hoping I could tinker with it and replace a few sounds.

Cheers.

Hello and thank you so much for this free, great addon. I am wondering from where this addons takes its engine sounds, internal and external. Was hoping I could tinker with it and replace a few sounds.

Cheers.

The engine sounds are part of the DCS flight model so you can’t replace them without modding your copy of dcs. An audio overhaul is in progress but I can’t confirm the timeline or scope.

Noticed that the instrument lights are now Red. Is there a switch to change colour back to white? The red looks great for night flights

Unfortunately for folks that want to change back to white, this is entirely controlled on the 3d modelling/animation side of things. Sorry about that. I would maker it a submod, but due to the evolving nature of the cockpit it would be difficult to constantly maintaining two versions

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

What are those ?

a-4%20arm%20panel%201_zps48tetzfo.jpg

Marc..

Those lighting fixtures for both the instrument backlighting and, not modeled, lighting for the panels themselves. Behind each cap was a small light, which could be unscrewed outward emit a very thin band of light in all directions around it. Due to the difficulties of working with interior lighting in DCS, it's something that I only briefly explored before realizing its implementation would be both resource intensive and difficult to accurately portray in-game.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Those lighting fixtures for both the instrument backlighting and, not modeled, lighting for the panels themselves. Behind each cap was a small light, which could be unscrewed outward emit a very thin band of light in all directions around it. Due to the difficulties of working with interior lighting in DCS, it's something that I only briefly explored before realizing its implementation would be both resource intensive and difficult to accurately portray in-game.

Interesting!

Thanks, Marc..

Is this released anywhere else? .....besides Google.

If not I'll not bother with this even if it is free. ..You'd think the developers would have more brains than to use Google Drive ...like some Millennial nitwit uploading to its Iphone.

Edited by Cpt Cuckoo

Question about AGM-62 Walleye

One of the systems listed as 'non-functioning' in the first post is the AGM-62 Walleye. Is this due to SDK limitations or the complexity of the weapon?

According to wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-62_Walleye) ...'This “smart bomb” had no propulsion system, but it could be maneuvered via a television assisted guidance system during its glide from an aircraft to the target. As a pilot dived towards a target, a television camera in the nose of the bomb transmitted images to a monitor in the cockpit. Once the pilot acquired a sharp image of the target on his screen, he designated an aim point and released the bomb, which would continue flying toward the designated target on its own.'

Couldn't the Walleye be modeled the way the AGM-65 Maverick is used in the A-10A module? The Walleye has its own camera in the nose of the bomb and the image could be displayed on the radar screen - provided there is no need for SDK access. No need for a targeting pod.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

SDK

Pity! :cry: A guided A/G weapon would have been great.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

If not I'll not bother with this even if it is free. ..You'd think the developers would have more brains than to use Google Drive ...like some Millennial nitwit uploading to its Iphone.

Are you having trouble with Google? How can I help you?

Here's how it looks in modelviewer and the sim. I'm still having some trouble getting it attached via the LAU-7 due to some missing lua declarations for command pods. I think if I can't work around that code then I might really need to model the LAU-7. (I hope not)

dTNyXwb.png

Ti1b42k.png

Maybe you could enlighten us, what the problem with Google Drive could be? :huh:

Did this thing get bricked with the last update? I just installed it like I did before, and it comes up in the Module Manager as installed, but it's not on the list of modules available?

Using most recent Open Beta.

Hmmm.. I have not update my install to the latest beta. Can someone else on the latest data corroborate if it is indeed broken on the latest beta?

Maybe you could enlighten us, what the problem with Google Drive could be? :huh:

For one thing it is invasive and it is unnavigable and the option to DL the file to your desktop doesn't exist. Against my better judgement I spent several hours of my life trying to figure out how it works. I am not a novice and if it is this hard to DL a file from google drive then I don't need the A-4 either.

Fantastic mod - very well done to the Dev team.

One small suggestion - is it possible to provide with each update a text (pdf) table listing all controls that can be either bound to a key or have an axis assigned. This would make it easier to keep up to date with any changes.

The Advanced Propulsion Control (APC Enable/STBY/Off) is not listed in the Control Settings. It is great that it is clickable in cockpit but it would be great if it was bindable to my HOTAS as it difficult to click it when flying as the throttle obscures both switches. The same for its asociated environmental switch (APC Hot/STD/Cold).

Thanks in advance and many thanks for the mod and all the hard work done by the Dev team.

For one thing it is invasive and it is unnavigable and the option to DL the file to your desktop doesn't exist. Against my better judgement I spent several hours of my life trying to figure out how it works. I am not a novice and if it is this hard to DL a file from google drive then I don't need the A-4 either.

Um, what?

You literally open the link, then click A-4E-C v1.3.zip and it downloads to your desktop...