NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Yep, spawn waypoint 20kts waypoint 1 20kts.

It was originally a mission with a carrier group comprised of five ships. I deleted the four ships, leaving only the Stennis, but that didn't work. So I deleted the original group and created a new Stennis, alone in it's own group. Still didn't work. I'm wondering if I have to make the whole mission from scratch....

SOLVED IT!

Apparently the catapult logic only works if the Scooter spawns on the carrier. If I do a "deployment" or "carrier qual" scenario where the Scooters start on shore then fly out to the carrier, the catapult logic doesn't work.

That's an interesting find. We'll have to look into that. I don't recall the code requiring a carrier start.

I've had a strange occurrence of the AI fully loaded with Mk-82 Snake-Eyes on the ground attack role blowing themselves up. Has anyone else encountered this? Its weird and inconsistent. I've had the AI get through no problem and then on other occasions it occurs to every single A4 carrying that load. I had a mission with six flying in and all six blew themselves up dropping the bombs. It appears to happen with dropping bombs off the centre pylon. But I'd need to watch closer and again as it doesn't happen every time its a pain to try and replicate.

Edited by Boomer20
Correcting which pylon

I've had a strange occurrence of the AI fully loaded with Mk-82 Snake-Eyes on the ground attack role blowing themselves up. Has anyone else encountered this? Its weird and inconsistent. I've had the AI get through no problem and then on other occasions it occurs to every single A4 carrying that load. I had a mission with six flying in and all six blew themselves up dropping the bombs. It appears to happen with dropping bombs off the centre pylon. But I'd need to watch closer and again as it doesn't happen every time its a pain to try and replicate.

There is a real world problem of dropping bombs from the centreline. There is a minimum interval between bomb drops or it will cause a mid-air collision of the bombs and possible detonation. There are certain release parameters to follow when releasing bombs on the A-4 (this is real world ops) including G-load, speed, release interval, flight profile.

It is a common occurrence for virtual pilots who are learning the A-4 to not know about this but I haven't come across the AI doing this. We'll need to run some tests on the AI to see if that is the case. It would be useful if we can get a mission track to confirm this.

I will try and get a track. Watching the release at the slowest speed. It appears that the bombs will release in the following order. Front centre, rear centre, rear left and then the two rear bombs will collide and explode.

Just to confirm, v1.3 is the latest version right? Just want to make sure I have the latest version.

control stick

Press "backspace".

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

New Keybindings?

Has anyone tried to add new key binds for things like the throttle cut off or the interior lighting? ive added a few myself but having issues with the throttle cut off and the instrument /console control knobs working properly.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Flew again today on TigerMerc's server. I absolutely LOVE this little plane!

~Rob

oh wow !! we finally have a public MP server , hosting this peace of art !! ?

will check it out 2 night and hope this server will stay online and public

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

SOLO VERSION BETA?

muchas gracias por el aporte, siempre desee este avión, gran trabajo. Perdón por mi ignorancia, este módulo sólo puede instalarse en la version beta de dcs ?

MUCHAS GRACIAS.

muchas gracias por el aporte, siempre desee este avión, gran trabajo. Perdón por mi ignorancia, este módulo sólo puede instalarse en la version beta de dcs ?

MUCHAS GRACIAS.

I hope I translated your question correctly. You can use this mod in both the beta and the stable version.

Has anyone tried to add new key binds for things like the throttle cut off or the interior lighting? ive added a few myself but having issues with the throttle cut off and the instrument /console control knobs working properly.

What controls are you hoping to have? Some controls need to be coded beyond just keybindings.

What controls are you hoping to have? Some controls need to be coded beyond just keybindings.

Namely the throttle cut off, would imagine it would be similar to how the F86 throttle sequence works. I noticed in the default.lua there is commented out code for the throttle cut off. I was able to get the starter switch working so it would be cool to start up without using the mouse.

I have the console / instrument rotary dials some what working. When i turn my encoder they either go full on or off.

Theres a few more id like to get working but im not in front of my pc to give you a comprhensive list.

All that said though, enjoying the hell out of the Scooter, our VS is gearing up for a Vietnam mini campaign featuring the Scoot and the Sabre but the Super one.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Namely the throttle cut off, would imagine it would be similar to how the F86 throttle sequence works. I noticed in the default.lua there is commented out code for the throttle cut off. I was able to get the starter switch working so it would be cool to start up without using the mouse.

You're referring to the throttle position OFF/IGN/IDLE? Yea. Those would need additional coding in the system's logic. I can look into that if you can describe what kind of bindings would be useful. Keyboard or joystick. Increment or absolute position.

I have the console / instrument rotary dials some what working. When i turn my encoder they either go full on or off.

The lighting control axis should have already been included in v1.3. Are those not sufficient? I don't think DCS natively has support for encoders, you'll need DCS bios for that.

Theres a few more id like to get working but im not in front of my pc to give you a comprhensive list.

All that said though, enjoying the hell out of the Scooter, our VS is gearing up for a Vietnam mini campaign featuring the Scoot and the Sabre but the Super one.

Please fill an issue in the issue tracker if you do have some additional keybinds that you think will be useful for everyone. Posting here would be fine but it's hard to keep track for the dev team. We'll take your suggestions into consideration if it is a general enough use case. We understand that there's a number of missing keybindings.

Thank you for your support!! Bug reports are the best help we can get right now.

Awesome work, thanks!!

I was an avionics tech in the RNZAF many years ago and got to work on the A-4K. Love that aircraft.

A couple of observations, Skyhawks with radar have the bent refueling probe (the straight probe would be in the radar's field of view). Also, sidewinders are able to be fitted to the outer wing pylons.

Thanks!!!

Awesome work, thanks!!

I was an avionics tech in the RNZAF many years ago and got to work on the A-4K. Love that aircraft.

A couple of observations, Skyhawks with radar have the bent refueling probe (the straight probe would be in the radar's field of view). Also, sidewinders are able to be fitted to the outer wing pylons.

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the information about the refuelling probe! That's the first time I've heard of an explanation for the bent probe and I just had to do more research about it.

So it seems that all A-4E and A-4F were produced with the straight refuelling probe but were gradually retrofitted with the bent probe after the bent probe was qualified. The primary design of the bent probe is to clear the nose for something called "threat-radar identification and location system" which was also a retrofit. The avoidance of fuel ingestion was a side-benefit. Do you have more information about this? Is this what we know as the IFF system? The only radar I know of in the nose cone is the APG-53 which is the ground mapping radar. I don't believe this is the same radar as these were installed in the production models with the straight probes. Would love to discuss this to figure out if our A-4E should have been retrofitted or not.

As for the sidewinders. Our research shows the A-4E was only capable of carrying 2 sidewinders as the outer pylons with not outfitted with the relevant circuits. However, the 4 sidewinder upgrade was common to the M and export models. We would like to keep the module as accurate as possible at the moment.