NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Guys are there any guides with updated bombing tables for the Mk82 snakeeyes?

I'm following heclak's guide, with a 400knots, 400feets and sight on 166mils. I keep exploding on release, looks like the bombs are damaging the plane.

Today, I was trying the A4 weapons by following Chuck's guide instructions. Everything worked, except for the guns. I couldn't fire the internal gun nor the gun pods. Is there anything special to do to fire the internal gun, besides "master arm: ON" and "gun arm: ON"?

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

I'm following heclak's guide, with a 400knots, 400feets and sight on 166mils. I keep exploding on release, looks like the bombs are damaging the plane.

Try increasing the ripple intervall. Probably your bombs are colliding on release.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Hey all, how do you use the nose wheel steering?

UPDATE, NM Automatic huh

Edited by CHSStarKiller

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

Hi guys,

searching is quite something in those 150 pages. I am wondering ... is the ADF tracking implemented? I found the switch on the right panel and the channel would not go lower than 220. But even there I was not able to figure it out.

I know the radio does not work due to API limitation, but does it include the ADF?

The ARC-51A is modelled as per the real world control panel and only support frequencies between 225.00 and 339.95 (220 might qualify as a bug). Thus ADF navigation should not be possible on Caucasus.

TACAN navigation and using the navigation computer are the navigation methods of choice on the A-4E. Both systems are properly implemented.

This is a common mistake of using too low an interval on the AWRS. There are specific warnings in the NATOPs to warn pilots to not use too low an interval (i think the minimum is 60 - 80ms). The lower intervals are only to be used when using single ripple mode on alternate wing stations only.

There are many quirks about the A-4E (from the real world counterpart) that requires the pilot to know what settings are allowed. We've modelled them in for the full experience. Pilot error is very real.

Today, I was trying the A4 weapons by following Chuck's guide instructions. Everything worked, except for the guns. I couldn't fire the internal gun nor the gun pods. Is there anything special to do to fire the internal gun, besides "master arm: ON" and "gun arm: ON"?

The conditions for the internal guns are:

- landing gear up (armament safety switch off)

- monitored dc bus power (doesn't work on RAT)

- guns switch to armed

I don't believe the master arm is required for internal guns.

Gun pods are similar but the select and charge switches are on the gun pod panels. I believe the only failure for it right now is if you overspeed the gear then the armament safety switch is stuck on so all weapons shouldn't work.

Hi all,

We will be transitioning to a new thread for the Community A-4E. The link to the new thread can be found here. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242076

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your amazing support! We look forward to seeing you on the new thread.

This is a common mistake of using too low an interval on the AWRS. There are specific warnings in the NATOPs to warn pilots to not use too low an interval (i think the minimum is 60 - 80ms). The lower intervals are only to be used when using single ripple mode on alternate wing stations only.

There are many quirks about the A-4E (from the real world counterpart) that requires the pilot to know what settings are allowed. We've modelled them in for the full experience. Pilot error is very real.

Thanks for the heads up, the attention to detail on the A-4E-C is impressive, even when we explode out of the sky due to pilot dumbness :D

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Really Really Awesome Mod ! I wish we could have radio and Hook Working properly it wouls be the best mod for me !

Hi,

Great mod ! Absolutely awesome work !

Is anybody aware of an existing ThrustMaster HOTAS profile for this great A-4 ?

Thanks,

Toan

• 4 weeks later...

Chocks on by default for Cold Start

Dear A-4E Community team.

This is one of my favourite modules in DCS - even more than some payware modules I have! Please keep up the great work!

However, that said, it would be amazing if you could please have the wheel chocks on for cold starts so that when clients spawn in, the aircraft is not rolling off the carrier. I know there is the wheel brake W key option - but in multiplayer, sometimes players are not quick to do this and accidents happen!

I notice that the F/A-18C has the wheel chocks on for spawning in "Take off from ramp" on the carriers - is it possible to do the same please?

Otherwise a parking brake?

Thanks so much! Great plane! Great module! :thumbup:

Hello !!! when it will be possible to operate the AGM-12 Bullpup rocket

Wasn't the Walleye a guided munition?

Some of the A4s first missions in Vietnam were supposed to put the Walleye thru actual window opening. Although I don't believed they were ever able to actually make that happen.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, darkman222 said:

Where did the thread go with the latest download of the A4?

It's here, the way links work changed after forum engine update, so that would probably be why the link in first post here doesn't work.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

On 10/23/2020 at 12:25 PM, Tomirosito said:

Someone knows how to put a Kneeboard, because I put it in C:Users/Saved games/dcs/Kneeboard/A-4E-C.... and it doesnt appear

Hi, didnt't saw your post earlier, but the folder you mention does work for me:

LIrf95V.jpg

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB